WoSFL Licensing

It's not a great prospect, but there's nothing stopping it. Cumbernauld Colts have everything in place to do that. There's probably others.
Parkcircus - what would happen to Cumbernauld Colts if they got relegated to the WoS? Would their groundshare be allowed?

5 minutes ago, calmac25 said:
8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
It's not a great prospect, but there's nothing stopping it. Cumbernauld Colts have everything in place to do that. There's probably others.

Parkcircus - what would happen to Cumbernauld Colts if they got relegated to the WoS? Would their groundshare be allowed?

Why wouldn't it? There's loads of ground shares in WoS.

With regards to Cumberland Colts, I'm pretty sure they have been the main tenants of Broadwood for several years as opposed to Clyde. So it's Clyde I'm sure that are sharing someone else's ground.

Edit: Plus Broadwood is 4G in any case and not grass.

10 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Absolutely no problem with temporary ground sharing IF plans for their own ground are in place, with a time limit. Question : could a club go from (ex) junior all the way through the spfl - ground sharing all the way ? Again it's spending on wages rather than a ground. Can fully understand if league's aren't totally happy.

New clubs are promotion locked until their “home” ground passes the entry criteria 

for example, st peters can’t get promoted while playing at Renfrew.

some clubs are given a timeline but the promotion lock works better, it’s focuses the club to get off the park sorted before ploughing into player budgets to try and win the league.

1 minute ago, parkcircus said:

Astro with lights is fine to allow for fixture rescheduling

I might have missed the point earlier. I was concentrating on the groundshare element. You won't be ruled out if the ground is acceptable and the lease meets requirements.

What else is there?

On 28/01/2022 at 21:52, parkcircus said:

There was a LL this week and there’s 2 next week, granted I think one is a South Challenge Cup match, they also played midweek between Xmas and New Year.

that’s plenty more than WOSFL in Dec and Jan alone 

This midweek's games were EOS Qualifying Cup matches, same with the ones on the 8th. There were festive games scheduled for Boxing Day and New Year's Day (unlike WOS), but of course they could be moved if clubs agreed.

Anyway, Glenafton were mentioned in previous posts and have put out a tweet:

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I might have missed the point earlier. I was concentrating on the groundshare element. You won't be ruled out if the ground is acceptable and the lease meets requirements.

What else is there?

The only rule is there no ground sharing on grass parks

Due to the timing of applications and The agm is was decided to form div4 to give new clubs 1 year to meet the ground criteria 

1 minute ago, parkcircus said:

The only rule is there no ground sharing on grass parks

Due to the timing of applications and The agm is was decided to form div4 to give new clubs 1 year to meet the ground criteria 

Fair enough. My simplicitic point was just that groundshare wasn't specifically excluded.

19 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

New clubs are promotion locked until their “home” ground passes the entry criteria 

for example, st peters can’t get promoted while playing at Renfrew.

some clubs are given a timeline but the promotion lock works better, it’s focuses the club to get off the park sorted before ploughing into player budgets to try and win the league.

Isn't Renfrew an astro with floodlights? Why would they be locked out from promotion if that's the case?

Rossvale just returned to Petershill this close season and seem to have given up on the idea of being a Bishopbriggs club.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Isn't Renfrew an astro with floodlights? Why would they be locked out from promotion if that's the case?

Rossvale just returned to Petershill this close season and seem to have given up on the idea of being a Bishopbriggs club.

The the post with your eyes 

On 28/01/2022 at 10:02, LongTimeLurker said:

Crossgates Primrose don't but they have a ground redevelopment planned that involves installing a set. Good to hear that the plan is for SFA licensing criteria to eventually be the norm at WoS premier level. Think regular 3:00pm kickoffs would be a good move to avoid clashing with TV games.

Didn't the West used to be 3pm kick offs back in the day. I'm sure when I was a boy we were 230 but dunipace were 3pm kick offs

9 hours ago, parkcircus said:

The the post with your eyes 

Read it again 

it doesn’t mention Renfrew FC

New clubs need there own ground, unless it’s a full time groundshare like clydebank/yoker 

we don’t accept clubs without a home ground in their local area

that’s the reason Kilbride Thistle got knocked back and then they went to Ardeer

Edited by parkcircus

8 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Read it again 

New clubs need there own ground, unless it’s a full time groundshare like clydebank/yoker 

that’s the reason Kilbride Thistle got knocked back and then they went to Ardeer

I wasn't meaning Renfrew FC. You mentioned St Peter's using Renfrew and figured with context of the conversation you would understand that St Peter's were still the club in question. Since they were one used as the example. 

Last thing I saw about Rossvale they were looking to get a long term commitment to be at Petershill. KRR still don't have a specific return to Kirkintilloch. 

It seems a bit unfair that some clubs are grandfathered in. While St Peter's as the example can get a continued lease at a compliant astro but are handicapped. 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wasn't meaning Renfrew FC. You mentioned St Peter's using Renfrew and figured with context of the conversation you would understand that St Peter's were still the club in question. Since they were one used as the example. 

Last thing I saw about Rossvale they were looking to get a long term commitment to be at Petershill. KRR still don't have a specific return to Kirkintilloch. 

It seems a bit unfair that some clubs are grandfathered in. While St Peter's as the example can get a continued lease at a compliant astro but are handicapped. 

Not certain about this but don't St Peters have plans or are working on getting their own WoS compliant  ground?

3 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Read it again 

How does any league decide if a club is inside or outside their (the clubs') local area? Does the WoS have written rules and criteria for this or is it AD HOC ? Serious question.

Edited by Dev

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Not certain about this but don't St Peters have plans or are working on getting their own WoS compliant  ground?

They apparently are. I'm just not sure why they would be used as an example of a club promotion locked.

The guidance says it's only grass parks with groundsharing that would be ineligible. The ground that St Peter's are using is marked as an astro with floodlights on NonLeagueScotland.

image.png.97e14224a9045eec615f17d533b14bd0.png

On 30/01/2022 at 08:54, Andy groundhopper said:

Absolutely no problem with temporary ground sharing IF plans for their own ground are in place, with a time limit. Question : could a club go from (ex) junior all the way through the spfl - ground sharing all the way ? Again it's spending on wages rather than a ground. Can fully understand if league's aren't totally happy.

Bankies have a permanent groundshare with Yoker on an artificial surface - so I certainly hope so. Currently Airdrie, QOS, Alloa, Falkirk, Clyde, Edinburgh City (?), Dumbarton(?) and possibly Montrose all have groundsharing in Scottish Leagues so I don't think it's a deal breaker

4 hours ago, Dev said:

...How does any league decide if a club is inside or outside their (the clubs') local area? Does the WoS have written rules and criteria for this or is it AD HOC ? Serious question.

Decisions like that are often simply delegated to league officeholders who are expected to apply common sense.