WoSFL Licensing

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

What does infrequent mean ? Pointless putting lights up and then hardly using them. All that outlay for possibly 1 Scottish Cup game per season - come on locals,buy some blackout curtains eh 🕙

Look at the teams in WOSL who have flood lights already, and look at how many games they have played this season with flood lights.
Talbot I think have played one game this season and they have been involved in more cup games than most at this level. 

I think that will easily explain what infrequent means ! 

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

What does infrequent mean ? Pointless putting lights up and then hardly using them. All that outlay for possibly 1 Scottish Cup game per season - come on locals,buy some blackout curtains eh 🕙

Maybe as a gesture of goodwill Pollok should offer the local householders a voucher to buy some 😂

11 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Look at the teams in WOSL who have flood lights already, and look at how many games they have played this season with flood lights.
Talbot I think have played one game this season and they have been involved in more cup games than most at this level. 

We also used them a couple of times early in the season to have 7.30 pm KO's when other teams without lights had earlier KO times

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Also needed for promotion to the LL and beyond. The LL isn't the most enticing prospect right now for a lot of people on this subforum but give it a few more years and that will sort itself out.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Also needed for promotion to the LL and beyond. The LL isn't the most enticing prospect right now for a lot of people on this subforum but give it a few more years and that will sort itself out.

Not just for promotion either. LL fixtures on a Saturday are 3pm.

12 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Floodlights will surely come into there own now for teams left in cups etc to play catch up on league ties.

Darvel game tonight be the first of a few for them you would think.

Was at Darvel last week v Camby. 1.30 ko but the lights came on at 2pm as it was a grim day.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Was at Darvel last week v Camby. 1.30 ko but the lights came on at 2pm as it was a grim day.

It's a good point.  Even 13.30 kick offs aren't sufficient for light on some winter days.  I've seen early kick off cup games going to ET which are borderline unplayable by the end.

And as the poster above noted, the LL will be a great league to watch in 4-5 years.  If the Scottish Football Pyramid was shook like a snowglobe, there's no chance it would be in the current format.  It will take a few years to correct.

7 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It's a good point.  Even 13.30 kick offs aren't sufficient for light on some winter days.  I've seen early kick off cup games going to ET which are borderline unplayable by the end.

And as the poster above noted, the LL will be a great league to watch in 4-5 years.  If the Scottish Football Pyramid was shook like a snowglobe, there's no chance it would be in the current format.  It will take a few years to correct.

The pyramid system at the moment makes it so hard to judge where teams and players are in their development. As you say in a few years it will correct itself and I think the landscape of Scottish football will be completely different. Exciting times for a lot of clubs at that level.

15 hours ago, superpollok said:

Isn't it a case that you'll need to use them during winter in the second half of games if you KO at 2.30?

In the EoS, the KO all year round is 2.30/3.00, clubs without lights are allowed to move KO forward to 1.30, but if you have lights you use them, plus you will be scheduled midweek games.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Isn't it a case that you'll need to use them during winter in the second half of games if you KO at 2.30?

In the EoS, the KO all year round is 2.30/3.00, clubs without lights are allowed to move KO forward to 1.30, but if you have lights you use them, plus you will be scheduled midweek games.

Our winter games kick off at 1.30pm, this Saturday is the last of them and we revert to 2pm at the start of February.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Our winter games kick off at 1.30pm, this Saturday is the last of them and we revert to 2pm at the start of February.

Surely that will change as clubs get floodlights?  one of the good things about the EoS, in the Premier in particular where there's only one club without lights, you know the KO time rarely alters throughout the season.  1.30pm KO's are awful and clash with TV games.

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

yeah probably need to use in winter if mid afternoon kick offs, but they are all way before a 10pm condition of planning that was mentioned earlier in the thread

59 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Surely that will change as clubs get floodlights?  one of the good things about the EoS, in the Premier in particular where there's only one club without lights, you know the KO time rarely alters throughout the season.  1.30pm KO's are awful and clash with TV games.

The clubs with floodlights have the option to request a later kick off from the Fixtures Secretary.

Pollok will be playing an absolute max 3 times a week, and not always at home. So a worst case scenario for anyone worried about lights would be 2hrs a week. 

I was amazed how little light spillage there was at the game in Meadow Park in September. If we can get something similar installed I doubt anyone will have a problem. 

9 hours ago, South_Pride said:

Pollok will be playing an absolute max 3 times a week, and not always at home.

Very rarely will a team play 3 times a week - which is three times in a seven day spell (Saturday to Friday). Any time a club has had such a backlog the games will be in late April and May so could be done without floodlights anyway.

In the lowland league there are midweek matches every week, a lot more common than in the wosfl

Its not light spillage that would be the issue, it’ll be the far lights aiming directly into the lower flats, ground and 1st floor

But the park was there before the flats so can’t really be complaining about football being played.

if the council were to deny them lights they’d be stopping them for doing business as all EOS prem teams have light and I can see the license bronze level being the entry criteria to both EOS and WOS premier leagues in a few years.

Stopping ground sharing on grass parks will probably be in this year in the premier league, and then introduced further down. The entry criteria to the Premier League will resemble the SFA License criteria without lights but lights will be added over time, next season close to 50% of the WOS prem will be licensed if all clubs applying pass this year