WoSFL Licensing

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=R2LVRREXK9600
Going for the full 300 lux needed for the SPFL, but with only four columns - light spill towards the flats might be an issue (50-75lux), seems higher than other installations we've seen recently at the same distance away.

Early January before a decision cuts it fine for finishing it by February!

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=R2LVRREXK9600

Going for the full 300 lux needed for the SPFL, but with only four columns - light spill towards the flats might be an issue (50-75lux), seems higher than other installations we've seen recently at the same distance away.

Let's keep that light spill in perspective though. A 60 W lightbulb typically provides about 800 lux, so that's nothing that a good pair of curtains can't deal with.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Let's keep that light spill in perspective though. A 60 W lightbulb typically provides about 800 lux, so that's nothing that a good pair of curtains can't deal with.

I recall environmental health getting involved in Bonnyrigg's planning application to ensure the the light reaching nearby houses was within the regulations, must've been something like 10 or 20 lux maximum.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
5 hours ago, Aqy said:

Latest update from today. Hopefully in place for the next home game.

In previous seasons the deadline has been the last Wednesday in February, but has this been confirmed to Pollok (or anyone else going for a licence)?

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll continue to pish behind the enclosure. I'm a traditionalist.

They can prise my right to get rained on while taking a pish from my cold dead hands.

It’s not just toilets that are required to get your license,1st Aid room,team changing facilities to accommodate,I think it’s 20 players (if I remember Pollocks dressing room)they’re not very big 

Don’t forget all the admin too

Pollok have had a sizeable team working on facilities review and development for a number of years to look at all aspects of this and have been working closely with the SFA during this time so are well aware of all that needs done-as members were advised at the last AGM.

19 hours ago, glensmad said:

It's an enormous amount of admin work, people underestimate that and think it's all about ground facilities. The ground stuff is actually the easiest bit.

...if your ground is a recent new build with devil's lanterns installed courtesy of the M74 extension. Glasgow Perthshire might view it differently if they give it a go at some point.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

...if your ground is a recent new build with devil's lanterns installed courtesy of the M74 extension. Glasgow Perthshire might view it differently if they give it a go at some point.
Yes that's a fair point, the floodlights are an enormous expense to install if you don't have them already. But don't underestimate the time and complexity involved in the minefield of paperwork that needs done, policies which need compiled, training courses and qualifications that need achieved etc. I'd say that is about 70% of the requirements.

To be fair, it's the financial outlay which maybe met by grants etc and fund raising, but long term,every club needs a good committee AND an army of volunteers to keep it going. Hopefully the youngsters will slowly replace the older folk - only if they have the time,of course ! Amazed by the ongoing improvement in Scotland's grounds.

Planning permission for the Pollok floodlights granted on Friday. Can't be used after 10pm and did see this in the notice which I found interesting.

The floodlights are required for the occasional game in the Senior Scottish Cup which may go to extra time. Any games required to be played mid-week would most likely be played late summer (e.g. 7:15pm 9:15pm) thus not requiring floodlights. Overall, the use of the floodlights would be infrequent

19 hours ago, Aqy said:

Planning permission for the Pollok floodlights granted on Friday. Can't be used after 10pm and did see this in the notice which I found interesting.

so 7.30 kick offs under lights and switch off the ones facing the houses at full time to allow for clearing up and warm down