WoSFL Licensing

On 17/11/2021 at 14:21, Ginaro said:

They are 15m according to the planning application, though the pitch is sloped towards the stand.

There no height requirement on floodlights, depending on light type heights will be different, I think Medda and Talbot have Halide, normally 16-18m LED can be lower around 14-15

Planning permission for Pollok's toilets was granted on Friday - https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R0JVX5EXIIJ00&activeTab=summary
Haven't seen or heard anything more about the application for planning permission for floodlights though?

Would assume that could take a bit longer as it's likely there will be at least one objection that needs considered. None were received for the toilets. More substantial work also so more things to take into account.

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it typically take for a licence to be granted after the initial application, assuming everything is approved?

I know the ground has to be up to standard but as others have previously said, this is only a small part of the overall conditions. Is the ground inspected in one day?

20 minutes ago, energyzone said:

How long does it typically take for a licence to be granted after the initial application, assuming everything is approved?

I know the ground has to be up to standard but as others have previously said, this is only a small part of the overall conditions. Is the ground inspected in one day?

Recently, the ground would be inspected around this time of year. Then if things are needing done the club would have until some time in February to get things sorted. The February licencing committee meeting is intended to be the last opportunity for new clubs to be licenced for the following season. If they give the okay it would be forwarded to the SFA's AGM.

That's roughly how things are meant to go these days really only happened one year in practice as COVID saw that timeline extended.

EDIT: Which explains why Pollok are aiming to get what they need done by February.

https://www.pollokfc.com/2021/10/27/pollok-fc-sfa-licensing-update/

image.png.f5e1b98d9d03a69c3db0fd2d7b32d795.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

12 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I've played there a few times and always thought it had floodlights. I'm pretty sure I have memories of playing there under floodlights. Some mad Mandela Effect shit going on there.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

I'm not sure how they expect to attract fans if they are going to be another generic Glasgow club, in the same vein as Glasgow United. It's hard enough to attract fans in the city and the lack of a local identity isn't going to help.

Possibly looking to be a 'wee Partick' in the way St. Rochs are a 'wee Celtic'

14 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Whats the script with petershill park? Heard the other night Rossvale hoping to make it their permanent home ground, partick thistle run it etc? Are peasy still planning on playing there too? 

Is it not the park that some of the Division 4 clubs like Finnart and BSC Glasgow are using that is run by Partick Thistle?

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Is it not the park that some of the Division 4 clubs like Finnart and BSC Glasgow are using that is run by Partick Thistle?

I saw some guys behind the counter at petershill with thistle trackies on running the place? Also got told that by some folks at the game too? Very much could be wrong though. 

On 22/11/2021 at 10:54, Aqy said:

Planning permission for Pollok's toilets was granted on Friday - https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R0JVX5EXIIJ00&activeTab=summary

Haven't seen or heard anything more about the application for planning permission for floodlights though?

On 22/11/2021 at 18:46, paul-r-cfc said:

Would assume that could take a bit longer as it's likely there will be at least one objection that needs considered. None were received for the toilets. More substantial work also so more things to take into account.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=R2LVRREXK9600

Going for the full 300 lux needed for the SPFL, but with only four columns - light spill towards the flats might be an issue (50-75lux), seems higher than other installations we've seen recently at the same distance away.