WoSFL Licensing

• 2 weeks later...

There must have just been the last SFA/Licencing Board meeting to approve applications ahead of the AGM, as Dalkeith Thistle announced they had gained there's as well.

In the West is that everyone expected publicly confirmed for this year: Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Cumnock, Darvel, and Irvine Meadow?

good to see clubs getting this in decent number and I'l looking forward to seeing the difference in facilities on my travels next season. 

Talbot's tweet on the matter mentioned promotion. is there no promotion to the LL without this? 

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

good to see clubs getting this in decent number and I'l looking forward to seeing the difference in facilities on my travels next season. 

Talbot's tweet on the matter mentioned promotion. is there no promotion to the LL without this? 

Only way to get promoted is to have secured an SFA licence ahead of the LL Pyramid Play-off.

This doesn't mean you have to start the season with it. The expected cut off in a normal season would now be the Licencing Committee's meeting in February.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Only way to get promoted is to have secured an SFA licence ahead of the LL Pyramid Play-off.

This doesn't mean you have to start the season with it. The expected cut off in a normal season would now be the Licencing Committee's meeting in February.

I think they must have it in place to reach the playoff, so the winners of the WOSFL, SOSFL and the EOSFL must have the SFA license in place to reach the playoff, is this correct ? was there an official cut off date the season just finished before lockdown

Must have been signed off by the SFA licensing committee at the end of March like Clydebank, Darvel and Cumnock were this time around to be 100% sure of it. If not, still potentially possible at the discretion of the LL board if the Auchinleck Talbot and Irvine Meadow scenario applies.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think they must have it in place to reach the playoff, so the winners of the WOSFL, SOSFL and the EOSFL must have the SFA license in place to reach the playoff, is this correct ? was there an official cut off date the season just finished before lockdown

That's why I phrased it as 'secured' a licenced, not have a licence. Officially you don't get it until the SFA AGM, but you can be forwarded to the SFA AGM long before then.

Some time in February each season is expected to be the new normal for the final cut off. This started in 2019-20 following the relatively late scrambles in 2018 & 2019.

2018 end of April LTHV v. Kelty were taking the EoS title down to the wire and still had to play each other twice. The main talking point for the first game from neutrals was whether the Champion would be eligible for promotion. As neither had publicly said anything on their licencing status and it was past the supposed deadline of March 31st.

2019 mess of the SFA's making introducing floodlights last minute that saw eventual EoS Champion Bonnyrigg trying to get everything in place quite late. If it hadn't been for the SoSFL not having a licenced champion that year, it's entirely possible one of Bonnyrigg or Bo'ness would still be in the EoSFL right now.

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As neither had publicly said anything on their licencing status and it was past the supposed deadline of March 31st.

Kelty were an SFA member in December 2017 so we knew at least one ;)

Well done to all, makes for a stronger West. While we all want our clubs to do well, we should want a good product to represent our league and this enhances it in my opinion. I hope that if we don’t win it  (no expectancy I may add!) then it is one of the licensed clubs who do so the playoff can be had.

say what you like about sugar daddies, buying success etc, cant deny darvel has gone from below average to well above, tidy ground with decent facilities. good luck to them

seeing the progress of so many ground rebuilds over the last couple of years is heartening, satan's lanterns going up at a good number of grounds, dressing rooms and showers refubred , cover and seats for spectators and clubs moving forward

8 hours ago, wintonfan said:

say what you like about sugar daddies, buying success etc, cant deny darvel has gone from below average to well above, tidy ground with decent facilities. good luck to them

seeing the progress of so many ground rebuilds over the last couple of years is heartening, satan's lanterns going up at a good number of grounds, dressing rooms and showers refubred , cover and seats for spectators and clubs moving forward

Satan's lanterns.

stop this patter at once. 

• 3 months later...

There's mention of Club Licencing on the Ground Improvements thread today so I thought it would be an appropriate time to revive this thread.

Already with a licence:

Premier Division

Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Cumnock Juniors, Darvel and Irvine Meadow XI.

Conferences

Girvan and Glasgow University.

Which clubs are thought to be preparing to apply or have already applied for a licence?

Edited by Dev