WoSFL Licensing

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I can see the logic in this if you look at the later stages of the Scottish Junior Cup - usually dominated by West Region clubs but two or three of the East Region would be regulars as well.

It's all rather slanted at the minute. There were 6 East Region Superleague champions. Only one of them are left competing in the EoSFL. There were 6 West Region Superleague/Premiership champions all within the WoSFL. Based on the weight of recent history the West probably should win the majority of LL Play-offs. It's just history doesn't actually count when playing games.

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's all rather slanted at the minute. There were 6 East Region Superleague champions. Only one of them are left competing in the EoSFL. There were 6 West Region Superleague/Premiership champions all within the WoSFL. Based on the weight of recent history the West probably should win the majority of LL Play-offs. It's just history doesn't actually count when playing games.

Which is why i think this may be a lot harder than it looks.

This will become a serious issue in the years ahead.

Nothing coming from the ex West Juniors talking heads leads me to believe they have the wherewithal to take this further. The East crew broke ranks first when it came to the pyramid.  The West leadership only became spooked once individual clubs started talking of going elsewhere.

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

Surely LL2 will become the ONLY Tier 6 league, and EoS, SoS and WoS will become Tier 7 etc.

This is what the LL hierarchy are looking at. Another boot in the baws for the EoS, SoS and recently the WoS leagues who have been compliant and helpful every step of the way.

Edited by Spyro

8 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I can see the logic in this if you look at the later stages of the Scottish Junior Cup - usually dominated by West Region clubs but two or three of the East Region would be regulars as well.

Which is why I said 8 out of 10. Even though I think it will be more than that.

The LL haven't had to look at it previously as there was never a glut of licensed clubs hammering at the door to get promoted, in fact (not counting the last 2 years being called off due to Covid) i think there has only been 1 play off due to lack of licensed clubs to play in it. They couldnt open up the number of places as there was never anyone to open up to.

Once its up to decent number in the West I can see them opening up to 2, but at the moment (as of SFA's April file) its 20 in the East, 4 in the South and 2 in the West - granted many more will get there license this year, but until there there is you cant ask the LL to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

You cant complain about glass ceilings until your actually banging your head against it. Im sure the LL are already looking at it, as any club being relegated from the LL will be worried about getting back in, the same as clubs relegated from the SPFL will be.

10 minutes ago, honestly united said:

The LL haven't had to look at it previously as there was never a glut of licensed clubs hammering at the door to get promoted, in fact (not counting the last 2 years being called off due to Covid) i think there has only been 1 play off due to lack of licensed clubs to play in it. They couldnt open up the number of places as there was never anyone to open up to.

Once its up to decent number in the West I can see them opening up to 2, but at the moment (as of SFA's April file) its 20 in the East, 4 in the South and 2 in the West - granted many more will get there license this year, but until there there is you cant ask the LL to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

You cant complain about glass ceilings until your actually banging your head against it. Im sure the LL are already looking at it, as any club being relegated from the LL will be worried about getting back in, the same as clubs relegated from the SPFL will be.

Through 2014-15 up to 2019-20 there was the potential for twelve Tier 6 Champions. In the end there were only five, only two of which started the season with a licence. Perhaps surprisingly, both being in the SoSFL. In the end 4/5 were promoted.

This was probably the first AGM where the LL should have seriously considered expanding the promotion opportunities to Tier 6 clubs. Instead the Colts issue may have delayed things.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

We already have a Lowland League 2.

It's divided into 3 feeders, EoSFL Premier, WoSFL Premier and the SoSFL. 

The creation of another League between Tier 5 & 6 would only serve the purpose of keeping the existing LL teams clear of the East, West or South feeders for a wee bit longer.

What we were told - "Come join us, nothing drastic is going to happen, you'll still be playing teams you've always played with a few additions and every team will find their own place and natural position within the Pyramid." 

Except where it concerns LL clubs, obviously.

16 minutes ago, Kennie said:

What we were told - "Come join us, nothing drastic is going to happen, you'll still be playing teams you've always played with a few additions and every team will find their own place and natural position within the Pyramid."

But nothing drastic has happened (apart from Covid) as far as WoS is concerned, you're still playing the same teams and if you're licenced you will enter a PO for promotion. What's changed from a year ago?

I absolutely agree the LL should open up more spots and that any idea of LL2 needs chucked in the bin, but otherwise next season is the first full season of the new WoS, and the first chance of promotion to LL.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

But nothing drastic has happened (apart from Covid) as far as WoS is concerned, you're still playing the same teams and if you're licenced you will enter a PO for promotion. What's changed from a year ago?

I absolutely agree the LL should open up more spots and that any idea of LL2 needs chucked in the bin, but otherwise next season is the first full season of the new WoS, and the first chance of promotion to LL.

I'm not saying that anything has changed, well, apart from the 4 conferences anyway, but a LL2 would be a massive change.

15 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Willing to bet my right nut that the WoSFL champs will be the promoted club at least 8 times in the next ten years.

Having said that, it's a fair point that one promotion spot provides a log jam. 

Maybe, though as the big guns in the west start going up it'll be easier for the east each season, plus you have the possibility of Pollok or Glenafton for example gifting the play-off to the east if they don't get licensed.

Of course, and if it's not changed at this AGM it really must be done at the next one.

15 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe, though as the big guns in the west start going up it'll be easier for the east each season, plus you have the possibility of Pollok or Glenafton for example gifting the play-off to the east if they don't get licensed.

Of course, and if it's not changed at this AGM it really must be done at the next one.

A change will hopefully be on the agenda at the LL AGM. Doesn't mean it will pass mind :whistle

8 hours ago, honestly united said:

...Once its up to decent number in the West I can see them opening up to 2, ...

The most likely suspects on promotion in WoS terms were always going to be licensed in time for next season. Auchinleck Talbot, Darvel, Clydebank and Cumnock (yes I know stealing trampolines is more their thing than promotion) already confirmed with Irvine Meadow likely to follow. More relegation slots should already have been opened up at the last Lowland League AGM in other words. It's no sure thing that they'll do the decent thing about the pro/rel bottleneck because most current LL members know their days are numbered in tier 5 terms. They could have added two newly licensed WoS clubs for next season by application rather than the Old Firm colts but chose not to.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone  know when when will the SFA announce the names of the clubs which have gained a Licence for the first time, this time around?

Tried the SFA web site but couldn't find the answer or the date of the AGM date, which I assume would be when new clubs are confirmed.. 

Does anyone  know when when will the SFA announce the names of the clubs which have gained a Licence for the first time, this time around?
Tried the SFA web site but couldn't find the answer or the date of the AGM date, which I assume would be when new clubs are confirmed.. 

Think the SFA AGM is meant to be next week