WoSFL Licensing

2 hours ago, Dev said:

A number of clubs hoping to get their Licence this summer seemingly including:

Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Cumnock Juniors, Darvel and Irvine Meadow.

Others which have shown some interest seem to include:

Gartcairn, Glenafton, Kilwinning Rangers, Petershill, Rutherglen Glencairn, St Roch's and Yoker.

Lots of other clubs seem to have spent lots of effort on up-grading their grounds during the long lay-offs due to covid. Thinking Maybole etc. Has anyone heard of other clubs joining the list going for a Licence over the next year or two?

Have Yoker "shown an interest"  ?

Apparently Yes. Sorry cannot give reference to when where etc as i only keep a note of the interest. I don't believe that Yoker's interest was something which was likely to be imminent though.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Apparently Yes. Sorry cannot give reference to when where etc as i only keep a note of the interest. I don't believe that Yoker's interest was something which was likely to be imminent though.

Certainly the ground is compliant but I'd be ( pleasantly)  surprised if the club had it in mind even in next few seasons 

Overall I suspect that clubs which are close to the necessary ground criteria will find it hard not to go for a Licence when you consider the rewards each year. Thinking of an annual Fee from SFA membership and entry into the SFA Cup.

Now that these things are accessible clubs will be able to start thinking about up-grades. Some have started and others will see that there is now the certainty needed to start out with ambitious projects. The glass ceiling has gone.

If you look across at other Pyramid Leagues and Leagues which are coming into the Pyramid this summer I believe that there will be a steady flow of clubs looking towards licencing. It will also raise standards of administration at clubs and improve the facilities for fans. In this day and age it is becoming more and more important to take care of them, with fewer fans generally compared to 20 years ago.

On 12/05/2021 at 20:24, glensmad said:

There is much much more to Licensing than just ground facilities. In fact ground criteria only makes up about a quarter of the 50-odd clauses.

Indeed, that is so. However, getting the ground right tales huge energy, work, cost and organisation to be fair. Without that no club will make it through to getting a licence.

That is correct, but that effort is more than matched by the non-physical stuff which very few people see, the training courses, the liaison with local councils, the hours of dotting i's and crossing t's, and much much more.

Too many people think that it's only a matter of getting compliant stadium facilities.

18 minutes ago, glensmad said:

That is correct, but that effort is more than matched by the non-physical stuff which very few people see, the training courses, the liaison with local councils, the hours of dotting i's and crossing t's, and much much more.

Too many people think that it's only a matter of getting compliant stadium facilities.

We're agreed! Just that no point thinking about other aspects if a club hasn't got use of a ground up to scratch in the first place.

SFA Club License Application: The Club are now fully compliant at entry level. Our application will now be referred by the Licensing Committee to the Scottish FA Board to confirm that membership will be granted.

From Auchinleck's website

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

SFA Club License Application: The Club are now fully compliant at entry level. Our application will now be referred by the Licensing Committee to the Scottish FA Board to confirm that membership will be granted.

From Auchinleck's website

So the reason they hadn’t got the same e mail as we got was because they weren’t compliant at the time.

Do you think killiepyo will apologise? I won’t hold my breath 🤣

On 12 May 2021 at 20:24, glensmad said:

There is much much more to Licensing than just ground facilities. In fact ground criteria only makes up about a quarter of the 50-odd clauses.

So a club makes the effort on and off the park, great, then finds out it will take 20 years to break through the glass ceiling into the LL.

Hopefully the leadership of the WoSFL along with the two other leagues are looking at this.

One promotion spot for 150 clubs just ain't on. 

Even a LL2 with genuine relegation/promotion, say a place for each league winner would be a start.

45 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

So a club makes the effort on and off the park, great, then finds out it will take 20 years to break through the glass ceiling into the LL.

Hopefully the leadership of the WoSFL along with the two other leagues are looking at this.

One promotion spot for 150 clubs just ain't on. 

Even a LL2 with genuine relegation/promotion, say a place for each league winner would be a start.

Wouldn’t LL2 just be another tier 6? Not really a promotion.

17 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

But for licensed clubs only and no promotion blocking.

Clydebank would/could be a good example.

Imagine in say 2031 Clydebank have had a whole series of near misses at reaching the LL as it stands.

Everybody from fans to onlookers would start to think there was something wrong with the system.

The fault being there's only promotion spot for three league champions.

3 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Clydebank would/could be a good example.

Imagine in say 2031 Clydebank have had a whole series of near misses at reaching the LL as it stands.

Everybody from fans to onlookers would start to think there was something wrong with the system.

The fault being there's only promotion spot for three league champions.

I would hope that in 10 years we have more than one relegation spot, but even if it was still one spot, a lot will have changed in that time. Half of League Two will likely be in the LL for instance.

There's now always going to be at least one licensed champion from tier 6 so in time the best EOS/WOS clubs replace the bottom half of the LL. The LL clubs coming down aren't going to be as strong so in the case of Clydebank it'll become easier to win the WOS and then beat the EOS champions.

About the only reason they'll miss out on the LL is if they don't manage to win the league in the next 10 years.

Edited by Ginaro

34 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I would hope that in 10 years we have more than one relegation spot, but even if it was still one spot, a lot will have changed in that time. Half of League Two will likely be in the LL for instance.

There's now always going to be at least one licensed champion from tier 6 so in time the best EOS/WOS clubs replace the bottom half of the LL. The LL clubs coming down aren't going to be as strong so in the case of Clydebank it'll become easier to win the WOS and then beat the EOS champions.

About the only reason they'll miss out on the LL is if they don't manage to win the league in the next 10 years.

Willing to bet my right nut that the WoSFL champs will be the promoted club at least 8 times in the next ten years.

Having said that, it's a fair point that one promotion spot provides a log jam. 

Edited by jimbaxters

47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Willing to bet my right nut that the WoSFL champs will be the promoted club at least 8 times in the next ten years.

I can see the logic in this if you look at the later stages of the Scottish Junior Cup - usually dominated by West Region clubs but two or three of the East Region would be regulars as well.