WoSFL Licensing

Didn’t BA say that Clydebank were given approval to release it? Not ‘official’ until July 20th which is after the season has started.

Why? It’s not hurting anyone. The only people it could hurt would be themselves with embarrassment if something went wrong.

All clubs who have got or will get their license this season should be congratulated and hopefully it will encourage more clubs to do so. Clubs like Bankies, Cumnock and Irvine Meadow are showing how it can be done with self financing and Darvel showing their ambitions with funding from a private investor (which there is nothing wrong with before people start of that thread!!) into improving their facilities.

Improved facilities will (hopefully) encourage more fans into games at this level and with the additions of floodlights see the mad dash at the end of the season becoming less of an issue in some of the leagues!

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Why? It’s not hurting anyone. The only people it could hurt would be themselves with embarrassment if something went wrong.

With the Licensing guidance for 2021 set, and these clubs compliant as confirmed by the Licensing Committee.  The only people that would be embarassed is the SFA.

46 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Surely clubs should wait till its official in june then, wouldn't want to count your chickens

It is official!

Our application has been passed by the Licensing committee and approved by the SFA board.

We’ll be given our certificate at the SFA AGM in July.

Whet else are you wanting? Do you want them to come round to your house and tell you personally?

A big lobby of clubs are gaining more and more traction to limit licenses being given out.

Three have already put in strong protests to even just the clydebank application.

This whole sham will soon be exposed when clubs with the power will completely limit how many clubs get a license to prevent a free for all.

It's coming.

The brass neck of freeloader clydebank fc you have to laugh at those idiot chancers [emoji1]

It is official!
Our application has been passed by the Licensing committee and approved by the SFA board.
We’ll be given our certificate at the SFA AGM in July.
Whet else are you wanting? Do you want them to come round to your house and tell you personally?
He wants to be able to say he "heard" it....a few weeks after everyone else. [emoji6]

A big lobby of clubs are gaining more and more traction to limit licenses being given out.

Three have already put in strong protests to even just the clydebank application.

This whole sham will soon be exposed when clubs with the power will completely limit how many clubs get a license to prevent a free for all.

It's coming.

The brass neck of freeloader clydebank fc you have to laugh at those idiot chancers [emoji1]

Completely made up nonsense.

56 minutes ago, gaswork said:

It's coming.

The brass neck of freeloader clydebank fc you have to laugh at those idiot chancers emoji1.png

Are you related to Donald Trump ?

38 minutes ago, glensmad said:
52 minutes ago, gaswork said:

It's coming.

The brass neck of freeloader clydebank fc you have to laugh at those idiot chancers emoji1.png

Completely made up nonsense.

The rules were changed two years ago so that newly licensed clubs have to reach tier 5 before they gain voting rights at an SFA AGM so the issues some SPFL clubs had about protecting their interests have already been addressed.

17 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I think you are missing the point.

Thing for me is, being told your club meets licensing criteria means you’ve met a stringent set of criteria re the ethos, structure and physical aspects of your teams set up, given we’ve reached that point its brilliant. If this hypothetical scenario happens, i’d still be delighted with the progress my team has made. Im very hopeful about the future of my team and indeed having listened to various interviews or posts from people involved in the WOSL im quite positive about the way football at this level is going, they genuinely want to create something good, the outreach to fans on social media and the like is far bettert than before and its making a positive impact already.
So yeh, even if the absolute worst unprecedented scenario did occur or hell froze over or whatever happens then yes i’d be upset but i’ve got my team to watch in a cracking set up so it’s not the end of the world. That said im pretty sure the club checked it could be released with the sfa at this stage. The absolute seethe from some people on this thread is just absolutely pathetic (but not surprising). 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

I was genuinely shocked when all the movement towards licencing began to be discussed here, and Kilwinning Rangers announced their move to a new ground, to discover the NLS site with pics of Abbey Park, which (correct me if I'm wrong) appeared to be virtually unchanged since the last time I was there. That being 1975, the year I moved away from Kilwinning. The idea that there is something wrong with providing half-decent facilities for football supporters, while simultaneously bemoaning declining attendances and getting all misty-eyed over the good old days, is utterly baffling. Yes, the particular exponent of such nonsense on this thread is almost certainly a troll, but there are those who appear to think like that.

Thing for me is, being told your club meets licensing criteria means you’ve met a stringent set of criteria re the ethos, structure and physical aspects of your teams set up, given we’ve reached that point its brilliant. If this hypothetical scenario happens, i’d still be delighted with the progress my team has made. Im very hopeful about the future of my team and indeed having listened to various interviews or posts from people involved in the WOSL im quite positive about the way football at this level is going, they genuinely want to create something good, the outreach to fans on social media and the like is far bettert than before and its making a positive impact already.
So yeh, even if the absolute worst unprecedented scenario did occur or hell froze over or whatever happens then yes i’d be upset but i’ve got my team to watch in a cracking set up so it’s not the end of the world. That said im pretty sure the club checked it could be released with the sfa at this stage. The absolute seethe from some people on this thread is just absolutely pathetic (but not surprising). 

As you should. To have come from where you were to this point is an outstanding achievement and having got to know a good number of the club over the time I know the hard work that has been put on by a lot of people.

The seethe is to be expected sadly which is a mixture of jealousy and trolling. It shows that your doing something right when people act like this [emoji23][emoji23]

In order to clarify my own position on this, the thing that set my teeth on edge was reading the Clydebank lads saying they ahd achieved status and the other clubs who have been quited as being in the same position previously hadn't said anything. That made me think only Clydebank had got it. Then realising it was the same news others had had but not announced it led me to question it.

As I said earlier, you're right, ALL clubs should be congratulated on it and it is of course, excellent to see clubs progressing from the "pee on a wall" days. If I've upset anyone, I apologise.

My only defence is that football forums are meant to be places where you can show camararderie or on the other hand, wind others up.

Edited by jimbaxters

39 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In order to clarify my own position on this, the thing that set my teeth on edge was reading the Clydebank lads saying they ahd achieved status and the other clubs who have been quited as being in the same position previously hadn't said anything. That made me think only Clydebank had got it. Then realising it was the same news others had had but not announced it led me to question it.

As I said earlier, you're right, ALL clubs should be congratulated on it and it is of course, excellent to see clubs progressing from the "pee on a wall" days. If I've offended anyone, I apologise.

My only defence is that football forums are meant to be places where you can show camararderie or on the other hand, wind others up.

You dont need to apologise for anything JB dont think anyone’s offended by anything youve said?

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

As I said earlier, you're right, ALL clubs should be congratulated on it and it is of course, excellent to see clubs progressing from the "pee on a wall" days. If I've offended anyone, I apologise.

Don't think anyone's been offended. Have to say I was slightly wrong in my own post as I assumed that Clydebank were just forward by the licensing committee like others to the next SFA board meeting, so thanks to @Bankies Alive for letting us know they are now SFA members. 

One of the interviews on Irvine Meadow's page mentioned SFA board meetings in April and May (more regular apparently due to the Euros build-up?) plus the AGM in June. Maybe the April meeting has already happened and the others will need to wait until May, or the AGM at the latest. Let's hope we get 114 clubs in the Scottish Cup.

Not WoSFL, but licencing related. Dunbar United have confirmed their application was another that gained approval from the SFA Board Meeting on April 14th and decided to release a statement about it.

Good morning Seasiders

I have been advised by the Scottish FA that, at their meeting on Wednesday 14 April, the Scottish FA Board approved the club’s membership application.
The membership (and Entry level licence award) will be effective from the Scottish FA AGM, scheduled for 20 July 2021.

It’s the final confirmation for us that everyone's hard work here has been recognised. Huge thanks to you all our supporters for their role in enabling the club to make this happen.
Our main focus, behind the scenes, is now on getting our squad ready for our senior Scottish Cup debut and an improved performance in the East of Scotland Premier League.

Many thanks
Stuart
Board Chair, Dunbar United FC

Edited by FairWeatherFan