WoSFL Licensing

It could be that the company installing them felt placing them there is the best place for them. I hardly think the club would overrule the experts.

Maybe council planning took Darvel a while to get planning permission for lights

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

I believe there's 5 WoS clubs up for a licence this year. 5 also in EoS.

Aucinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Darvel seem certain at this point. I'll guess Irvine Meadow and Cumnock for the other two. I'm not sure about Petershill's situation since they haven't had the same access to their ground to make changes.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

I believe there's 5 WoS clubs up for a licence this year. 5 also in EoS.

Perm any five of Auchinleck Talbot, Cumnock, Petershill, Clydebank, Darvel, and Irvine Meadow. Petershill have made the least noise about going for it although strongly rumoured to have had an application in while still a west region club, so I'd lean towards them being the odd one out. From memory Kilwinning Rangers and Rutherglen Glencarin are known to be going for it as well but have stated it's not happening this year.

This article gives the latest position:

Sure to be left feeling more disappointed than most are ambitious trio  Clydebank, Darvel and Irvine Meadow whose outstanding `off the pitch ` achievements in gaining  SFA Licensing approval will  now become  devalued by the loss of eligibility to take part in the Lowland League play-offs that would have been a given had any of them been crowned eventual Premier Division Champions.

A sore one without doubt, however it has to be said all three clubs will not go unrewarded for their unstinting infrastructure improvements of the past twelve months, not least of all financially, in light of their new licensed status bringing automatic entry into next season’s lucrative Scottish Cup proper.

Yet neither can it be denied that future step-up aspirations are about to come up against considerably stiffer competition should the similarly determined likes of Kilwinning Rangers, Rob Roy, Rutherglen Glencairn , Cumnock and Auchinleck Talbot achieve SFA approval.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19175079.best-west-wosfl-look-future-null-void-verdict/

Edited by Pyramidic

You'd have thought the clubs might have made an announcement saying they had been granted licences or is JOD just assuming things.
He will just be assuming that the clubs who have applied for a license have got them. SFA still to confirm what clubs have achieved licensing status as far as I know for Irvine Meadow anyway.

11 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

You'd have thought the clubs might have made an announcement saying they had been granted licences or is JOD just assuming things.

Well no one has been granted licences yet as that's only done at an SFA board meeting, though that's basically a formality after the licensing committee meets and approves the application to to be forwarded to the board (IIRC 26th February last season). John Gall mentioned a meeting on the 31st, presumably the latter though it may well be the former.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Well no one has been granted licences yet as that's only done at an SFA board meeting, though that's basically a formality after the licensing committee meets and approves the application to to be forwarded to the board (IIRC 26th February last season). John Gall mentioned a meeting on the 31st, presumably the latter though it may well be the former.

Well why is JOD saying that then. A football hero for me but he surely he should be writing a wee article like that without making stuff up.

Licencing would be some ways down the line, but Vale of Leven are planning some improvements.

https://www.facebook.com/valeoflevenfc/posts/5433584940014907

Chasing up some funding from West Dunbartonshire Council and no doubt other sources.

What will you use the money for?: The money will be used for floodlights to allow us to start evening fitness classes for the community and we are currently renovating the changing rooms to be COVID compliant.

On 20/03/2021 at 16:41, jimbaxters said:

Well why is JOD saying that then. A football hero for me but he surely he should be writing a wee article like that without making stuff up.

well gall said darvel dont pay the biggest wages on the podcast so i had to check it wasnt 1st April also , so it must be that time of the year jb 

27 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Aye, East Ayrshire Council has done a great job in getting the club to the point where they can fill the form in. 😉

Not that simple 

EAC would’ve visited the ground to provide an official capacity for the SFA, something NAC haven’t done for us, citing COVID as the reason.