WoSFL Licensing

Just now, Cornishman said:

Which clubs are likely to be the first to pass licensing criteria in WoSFL and thus be eligible for promotion?

Cumnock and Petershill are already at some stage of the process. Auchinleck Talbot previously looked into it, and are installing floodlights this summer if possible due to COVID19 restrcitions. Those are 3 you'd look to be in contention.

• 7 months later...

Trying to work out which WoS clubs are working towards a Club Licence, even if they've not yet formally applied, and came up with this list from previous posts. Anyone have any up-dates or changes?:

Premier Div.

Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Cumnock Juniors, Darvel, Kilwinning Rangers and Rutherglen Glencairn.

Division One Conference 'A'

None.

Division One Conference 'B'

Gartcairn

Division One Conference 'C'

Petershill and Yoker Athletic.

Obvious questions would be whether Clydebank and Kilwinning are getting cover for 100 sorted out in time for approval this season and potential promotion playoff entry, and whether Irvine Meadow (left out immediately above but are known to be trying to get the funding together) and Darvel will have floodlights up in time?

• 2 weeks later...

twitter.com/CumnockJnrsFC/status/1337781777893568514

The club has an SFA visit this week. Screening around the park is a neccessity for the licence Hopefully spectators can return to grassroots football asap. This will also prevent parents huddled together trying to get a view of their kids games. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Mkennedy on Twitter: "Great news for @darvelfc planning permission has been granted for floodlights at the ground. The next stage in the clubs SFA application, works will commence beginning of January. Congratulations to everyone at the club great achievement" / Twitter

v_3SjHtx_reasonably_small.jpg

Great news for @darvelfc  planning permission has been granted for floodlights at the ground. The next stage in the clubs SFA application, works will commence beginning of January. Congratulations to everyone at the club great achievement

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

Are floodlights expensive to run? What would the cost be say to have them on for 3 hours for a midweek game?

Most floodlight bulbs are 2kw, so work out the kw/h price your energy supplier is charging, multiply that by two and multiply the result by however many bulbs are in the setup you're using which will give you how much they cost per hour to run.

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Most floodlight bulbs are 2kw, so work out the kw/h price your energy supplier is charging, multiply that by two and multiply the result by however many bulbs are in the setup you're using which will give you how much they cost per hour to run.

I’m not in a committee so I wouldn’t know that,I’m just curious to see what extra costs having a midweek game would be for playing under lights, is it a token gesture like £50 or more?

8 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I’m not in a committee so I wouldn’t know that,I’m just curious to see what extra costs having a midweek game would be for playing under lights, is it a token gesture like £50 or more?

Berwick's lights supposedly cost £30-40 per game.

23 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Like I say, it would be variable dependent on supplier and how many lights in the system being used, but it shouldn't be any more than £15 an hour tops to run. There are other overheads though - the bulbs don't come cheap!

With the Lowland League running with 17 clubs not 16 this season could we see just one club relegated with the EoS Champions promoted. If so is it possible that the LL might move to two down and two up for 2021/22 AND invite invitations from Licenced clubs to make up the numbers to 18 for 2021/22? This could open the door to the highest placed Licenced WoS club to move up for 2021/22? I hope so!

However, if  a Lowland League area side came down from the SPFL for 2021/22 that could mean two clubs down from the LL or no invitation to a WoS club to "top-Up" the League.

Edited by Dev

With the Lowland League running with 17 clubs not 16 this season could we see just one club relegated with the EoS Champions promoted. If so is it possible that the LL might move to two down and two up for 2021/22 AND invite invitations from Licenced clubs to make up the numbers to 18 for 2021/22? This could open the door to the highest placed Licenced WoS club to move up for 2021/22? I hope so!
However, if  a Lowland League area side came down from the SPFL for 2021/22 that could mean two clubs down from the LL or no invitation to a WoS club to "top-Up" the League.

If the season finishes and the winners of all three leagues are licensed does all three teams play each other to decide who gets promoted to the lowland league

59 minutes ago, Killie65 said:

If the season finishes and the winners of all three leagues are licensed does all three teams play each other to decide who gets promoted to the lowland league

There would be a 3 way play-off. They play each other only once, giving each one home game and one away game. A draw would be done nearer the time to determine who plays who.

You will have teams trying to get licensed in time for this season in the hope of winning the WOSFL premier division but only 1 can win the title and if they are licensed then they can be put forward to the playoffs.  I can see Clydebank, Darvel etc... trying to win the league now as in next season, if all Covid goes to plan and all the big hitters will be back, Pollok, Auchinleck then it will be harder to win the league next season.

Right now, I wouldn't want a club to go all out as we don't know if and when everything is back to normal as in, fans, crowds, full sponsorships etc... unless the club know its financially viable to do so now.  Personally for any club, I don't see a rush, as I take it most clubs will be looking to run for another hundred year and new clubs intend to do the same so they can get licensed any time when ready to start. I would like them to get licensed knowing they can fully support the outlay and even later the benefits that possible may come e.g television money from the big Scottish cup.   Running floodlights etc.. Obviosity has costs but some of these team, Clydebank and Yoker for example will have the park used constantly for their youth academy thus generating money from this to go towards payments

The only problem I can see is that the SFA make it harder to become licensed but I'd rather they look at the closed shop attitude of the SPFL2 clubs and override their votes, somehow and state that promotion, relegation to and from SPFL2 should and will happen every year in the not to distant future. There should and I genuinely expect in that there will be automictic promotion from other winners of the Highland and Lowland league as the standards will be strong against the SPFL 2 teams or even stronger. Casing point this year, Brora Rangers from the Highland league putting Albion Rovers out and Linlithgow Rose putting Brechin City out.
We all know theres a few things to be ironed out, for example, there should be leagues under the main highland league, tayside teams sorted, the North junior teams sorted etc..

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You will have teams trying to get licensed in time for this season in the hope of winning the WOSFL premier division but only 1 can win the title and if they are licensed then they can be put forward to the playoffs.  I can see Clydebank, Darvel etc... trying to win the league now as in next season, if all Covid goes to plan and all the big hitters will be back, Pollok, Auchinleck then it will be harder to win the league next season.

Right now, I wouldn't want a club to go all out as we don't know if and when everything is back to normal as in, fans, crowds, full sponsorships etc... unless the club know its financially viable to do so now.  Personally for any club, I don't see a rush, as I take it most clubs will be looking to run for another hundred year and new clubs intend to do the same so they can get licensed any time when ready to start. I would like them to get licensed knowing they can fully support the outlay and even later the benefits that possible may come e.g television money from the big Scottish cup.   Running floodlights etc.. Obviosity has costs but some of these team, Clydebank and Yoker for example will have the park used constantly for their youth academy thus generating money from this to go towards payments

The only problem I can see is that the SFA make it harder to become licensed but I'd rather they look at the closed shop attitude of the SPFL2 clubs and override their votes, somehow and state that promotion, relegation to and from SPFL2 should and will happen every year in the not to distant future. There should and I genuinely expect in that there will be automictic promotion from other winners of the Highland and Lowland league as the standards will be strong against the SPFL 2 teams or even stronger. Casing point this year, Brora Rangers from the Highland league putting Albion Rovers out and Linlithgow Rose putting Brechin City out.
We all know theres a few things to be ironed out, for example, there should be leagues under the main highland league, tayside teams sorted, the North junior teams sorted etc..

Do Clydebank and Yorker own Holm Park ???  Or do they just rent it 

With regards the SPFL2 clubs whilst I agree with you would need a rule change and Turkeys aren’t going to vote for Xmas