Conference Call

5 hours ago, geo87 said:

I think if you have 1-2 boys a year establishing themselves as regulars then that is an excellent return, especially when you have had the relative success of BSC over the last few seasons.

Are all 8-10 still at the club or have any moved on?

So I did a little checking and the actual number of players that have come through the BSC youth system to play for the first team is 13. 2 players still with the club are established 1st team squad members a further 5 current u20s have made numerous first team appearances over the last couple of seasons and 6 have left the club. That’s pretty impressive even if I do say so myself.

2 hours ago, thebairns57 said:

Really feel for all these clubs. I was so pro pyramid but it's collapsing at its very foundations before it's even got started .

No promotion from lowland or highland. 

Closed shop mentality from above that will never change. 

Sfa shambles with licensing. 

Sfa let's face it don't give a hoot and were happy with a once thriving junior game outside the bubble. 

Goal posts will be shifted constantly .

Numerous clubs in it who don't want in it,  numerous clubs outside it happy to be. 

The list goes on and on a total nightmare for those who were enthusiastic pyramidists sadly. 

I thought that (as per your contribution to the "Curtailment of the Season" in the  League Two Forum) that

"Gutted for my own club but scottish football has much more to worry about than the farce of a pyramid ."

You're at it here.

9 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

St Anthony's pledge our undying loyalty to TJ and the Scottish Juniors.

We said that? Or did we say the WRSJFA should be given every opportunity to try and gain entry to the pyramid and whilst discussion were ongoing we would back the region to the hilt? 

Why would we not back them whilst in discussions in February?

40 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

i can assure you we wont be cracking on , and we wont accept this , if there is a premier league next season we as it stood would be in it so its up to the beaks to decide who gos down 

You'll need even more cash to tap players for Tier 7

1 hour ago, Hossy87 said:
Applications to join the South of Scotland league for the 20/21 season close on the 30th of April Clubs play in the league from around Dumfries & Galloway and Glasgow! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Emails to league secretary Richard for more information: richard.osborne1962@gmail.com

An absolute joke that we have two leagues covering the same area at tier 6.

From a disciplinary point of view, it was always going to be an issue for the SFA in any case. For a start, there are nowhere near enough assistant referees active at that level for everyone to be at the same tier. If it's all tier 6 then in theory, they all need to have equal referee/assistant coverage, which is impossible.

Why is nobody questioning the WoS league guys here? Surely they should have sounded the SFA out about what would be an acceptable structure before everyone moved across.

From a disciplinary point of view, it was always going to be an issue for the SFA in any case. For a start, there are nowhere near enough assistant referees active at that level for everyone to be at the same tier. If it's all tier 6 then in theory, they all need to have equal referee/assistant coverage, which is impossible.

Why is nobody questioning the WoS league guys here? Surely they should have sounded the SFA out about what would be an acceptable structure before everyone moved across.

They had an agreement, they were undermined by two clubs who have gone to the sfa with an alternative proposal.
They may ultimately think they’ve got their way but something interesting is happening in the background.....

EOS tier 6 conference season didn't have assistants for all games. SOS doesn't either as I'd guess lack of officials in the region.

They had an agreement, they were undermined by two clubs who have gone to the sfa with an alternative proposal.
They may ultimately think they’ve got their way but something interesting is happening in the background.....
Without divulging too much what's brewing behind the scenes?

Do we know for a fact that two clubs have went to the SFA? If it were the case, then I fail to see what pressure they could exert that would prevent Hampden from telling them to get tae. Why would the SFA make an agreement with the league to accommodate 67 clubs then totally backtrack on that because 2 of said clubs asked them? What carrot could be dangled to achieve that?

I would think this was something that would have been in the offing regardless of whether anyone put pressure on them. 67 clubs coming under the SFA's direct management was always going to be a stretch.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Without divulging too much what's brewing behind the scenes?

Darvel have threatened to withdraw pie privileges.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

aye and we were made joint champions even although everyone knew we would have won the title , there is no way we should not be part of the premiership along with blantyre and cumbernauld 

Hi Pal, I have been away for a wee while & trying to catch up, this is terrible if true.....

Oops & Karma :)

screwed.png