Conference Call

3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You've explained nothing.
I know what the Options were.
Everyone knew what the options were.
I understand why the LL would not be in favour of Z.
But the question asked was why would the WRSJFA try to lie to the clubs if they already knew that going back to the PWG with Option Z was a non starter?
Why tell a lie when you know you're going to be found out?

I'm not calling anyone names but...…
Here's a bit of advice Beenzon before its escalated any further as all you are doing is the exact same and going to make you look so, fekcing stupid

Where did I say I say "s if they already knew that going back to the PWG with Option Z was a non starter?""

I never said that, I was told from 5 different committee men from 3 teams exactly what was said by the committee association guy at the meeting to those individuals.
The ham fisted idiot way they, (association)operate, which I would not be surprised if your one of them, is that they wanted the backing from the junior clubs and then would go to the meeting and try and sell it,  That's how dumb shit an idea it is.   This is why the juniors are left tin the state they are, no one elses fault, no Lowland, East of Scotland or South of Scotland leagues or the SFA or the SPFL but its all the juniors association fault

Yu are so blinkered in your love for the grade that you will back Shit on the street if it was outside a junior ground.
I am an advocate for the pyramid and I'm not against the juniors but I believe I am objective in everything I say, .

5 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

So Option W is what we now have except ran by a Senior League and not the West Region. Largs Thistle the sole club that realised  this was the only option possible.

yes, except the idiotic run junior association is not in charge of the WOS, unless next season the clubs are blinkered and vote in the same people or similar to guys like TJ and Rooney

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

36 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

There was 14 clubs showed an interest in staying, more than enough. And in Felix McKenna they had someone with the experience to run it along with John Fyfe

Incorrect, 14 clubs have had a good moan and will move on into next season via the diddy Tier 17B of the WoSL. Top club will get promoted if they can beat a Barcelona reserve team away as per SFA regulations.

I'm not calling anyone names but...…
Here's a bit of advice Beenzon before its escalated any further as all you are doing is the exact same and going to make you look so, fekcing stupid
Where did I say I say "s if they already knew that going back to the PWG with Option Z was a non starter?""
I never said that, I was told from 5 different committee men from 3 teams exactly what was said by the committee association guy at the meeting to those individuals.
The ham fisted idiot way they, (association)operate, which I would not be surprised if your one of them, is that they wanted the backing from the junior clubs and then would go to the meeting and try and sell it,  That's how dumb shit an idea it is.   This is why the juniors are left tin the state they are, no one elses fault, no Lowland, East of Scotland or South of Scotland leagues or the SFA or the SPFL but its all the juniors association fault

Yu are so blinkered in your love for the grade that you will back Shit on the street if it was outside a junior ground.
I am an advocate for the pyramid and I'm not against the juniors but I believe I am objective in everything I say, .
Sorry mate, I'm not stupid and I don't believe you are either. You just don't seem to grasp what is being asked.
I'm fully aware of what the 'ham-fisted' advice was. I'm not disputing that he told the clubs to vote for option Z.
You claim he lied when he said that the LL was in favour of it. Which I believe he did.
So, please, just for once, take of your Pyramid tinted glasses and think about it for a minute.
Why would he say that? Why, if he knew it was lies, would he deliberately set himself up for ridicule? What could he possibly hope to gain?

10 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

...So, please, just for once, take of your Pyramid tinted glasses and think about it for a minute.
Why would he say that? Why, if he knew it was lies, would he deliberately set himself up for ridicule? What could he possibly hope to gain?

Somebody definitely got played big time where Option Z is concerned. Agree that accusing somebody of being a liar is unwise if you don't know for sure what info they themselves were being fed.

12 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Sorry mate, I'm not stupid and I don't believe you are either. You just don't seem to grasp what is being asked.
I'm fully aware of what the 'ham-fisted' advice was. I'm not disputing that he told the clubs to vote for option Z.
You claim he lied when he said that the LL was in favour of it. Which I believe he did.
So, please, just for once, take of your Pyramid tinted glasses and think about it for a minute.

To you the reason why he said it is stated in my post there and is in bold here. The Junior association believed they could sell Option Z to the PWG at the meeting.

Many know me in here and they know for a fact I aint pyramid tinted glasses, I tell it the way I see it.
I loved the juniors, played in it for over 10 years and coached in the environment but the way the guys who run it have operated in the past couple of years is the reason why its dying quicker then expected.  For anyone who wants to progress in the game of football from players to teams then the pyramid is better than the juniors,

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Somebody definitely got played big time where Option Z is concerned. Agree that accusing somebody of being a liar is unwise if you don't know for sure what info they themselves were being fed.

yeah too right someone got played.

it can either be the west junior clubs or a made up story that both the SPFL and lowland league contacted the juniors to say they back it, which we know didn't happen

Well first of all I haven't said who the man is, and I know who it is and I haven't mentioned whose the 5 committee men who were told the same.
benza is the one who is stating the same earlier, that why I brought it up and will continue to remind him every time he comes up with some stupid comment 

So it's peace in our time, all clubs joining the WoSFL for next season. Nobody staying in the Juniors.

Maybe people can now expend their excess energy on making sure all 67 clubs make it to the starting line for kick-off, whenever that might be.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So it's peace in our time, all clubs joining the WoSFL for next season. Nobody staying in the Juniors.

Maybe people can now expend their excess energy on making sure all 67 clubs make it to the starting line for kick-off, whenever that might be.

Your right, when the dust settles and we all get back to football hopefully all this crap will be forgotten and teams just go on enjoying football and the chance to progress is there if they want it

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

yeah too right someone got played.

it can either be the west junior clubs or a made up story that both the SPFL and lowland league contacted the juniors to say they back it, which we know didn't happen...

As far as I'm aware, the SJFA's rep at PWG meetings wasn't the person telling the west clubs that. That means the west region exec may have been passing on second hand info that they sincerely believed was accurate. You can certainly question their gullibility level and overall suitability for a leadership role in light of that but talk of them being liars is a step further than necessary.

I know I'm going to hate myself in the morning, but for once I am going to agree with Burnie.

Just now, Beenzon-Toste said:
9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I know I'm going to hate myself in the morning, but for once I am going to agree with Burnie.

:eek:

As far as I'm aware, the SJFA's rep at PWG meetings wasn't the person telling the west clubs that. That means the west region exec may have been passing on second hand info that they sincerely believed was accurate. You can certainly question their gullibility level and overall suitability for a leadership role in light of that but talk of them being liars is a step further than necessary.
That is what I'm suggesting. I just cannot see the benefit to be gained from promoting a known lie. Something that the promoter knew with inside knowledge that it had zero chance of going anywhere.

Fair enough, know quite a few folks in the jewish community in giffnock, nice people and a lot of football fanatics in it! Lok would do well to get some along.
I hope racism etc is something that gets taken more seriously in the new set up.
St Cadocs seems to be a very interesting set up, shades of bsc about it, i hope they can tap into the east ren fanbase and get folks along, they seem very ambitious, wonder if itll be a new rivalry for the Lok.

Couple of points. There are already two clubs in East Ren both closer to Newton Mearns than Pollok are. There are a lot of good comparisons with BSC. They will play outside their area and I think will (initially at least) struggle to get a fan base while spending above their means.

Will be interesting where they are looking at long term for a ground. Newton Mearns doesn’t have a lot of space for ground development as most land is developed for housing and land prices are huge for the area.

One thing to add while thinking about all this debate. Was discussing at the weekend that all these moves have actually unfairly hit the championship clubs. They have gone with having 3 opportunities to get into the top league to one and if they end up with, say, St Cadocs who are investing quite heavily then could see their chances hurt. If we are using the model which was in place last season should we not keep the entire structure across all levels and just do away with the conference idea?

One thing to add while thinking about all this debate. Was discussing at the weekend that all these moves have actually unfairly hit the championship clubs. They have gone with having 3 opportunities to get into the top league to one and if they end up with, say, St Cadocs who are investing quite heavily then could see their chances hurt. If we are using the model which was in place last season should we not keep the entire structure across all levels and just do away with the conference idea?

I agree with this. I’ve read folk saying if we went for all conferences it’s not fair on those clubs who’ve worked their way up to the Premierships whilst in the Juniors but that’s the same for those who were in the Championship.

19 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

A very nice middle aged Talbot man was chatting with myself and three current Lok committee members on our way back to car after game mid 00s. As we parted, he advised to not forget to 'turn the gas on' when we got home. More anti-semites at Beechwood than at a Labour council meeting! And none of us Jewish either but you have this fixation on Lok being a Jewish club. That kind of shit gives you a bad rep.

Just reading through the thread there and this post annoyed me. I'm at a loss as to why you would post this in reply to a Talbot fan (and a man who has worked tirelessly for the club for years) who was stating why he was defending the club. Maybe I didn't read back far enough but seems totally out of the blue.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Just reading through the thread there and this post annoyed me. I'm at a loss as to why you would post this in reply to a Talbot fan (and a man who has worked tirelessly for the club for years) who was stating why he was defending the club. Maybe I didn't read back far enough but seems totally out of the blue.

He was defending people badmouthing his club. The response to my post perhaps shows why it was worth bring up, that anti-semitism was seen as 'fair game'. Well it is not.