Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stego Mac

Conference Call

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Bonnyton are the only team out of the 67 teams who are put in the correct tier.
The other 66 teams are new teams to an association that Bonnyton already exist
They have moved from tier 6 SOS to tier 6 WOS.
Do any of us think they will stay there or win tier 6, I don't think anyone does but they are there in the correct tier under the current circumstances.


 

If that’s the case why are they fucking about with the teams left in the Championship League 1 and League 2 messing about with them to create 3 unequal conferences (ability wise) I’m sure that’s going to be exciting for their fans Basically a year wasted.

Over the years the teams in these leagues have found their level by being promoted or relegated 

So  if the Premiership goes in at Tier 6 why does Tier 7 not look like

Championship becomes Conference 1, League 1 becomes Conference 2 and League 2 becomes Conference 3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Oh FFS.........

Still waiting on the answers? A link to the rules and regulations for the new league structure will also be appreciated? 
 

Let me guess? You don’t have the answer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lobby Dossar said:

If that’s the case why are they fucking about with the teams left in the Championship League 1 and League 2 messing about with them to create 3 unequal conferences (ability wise) I’m sure that’s going to be exciting for their fans Basically a year wasted.

Over the years the teams in these leagues have found their level by being promoted or relegated 

So  if the Premiership goes in at Tier 6 why does Tier 7 not look like

Championship becomes Conference 1, League 1 becomes Conference 2 and League 2 becomes Conference 3 

common, don't ask me, im not an oracle the comments from people about Bonnyton are so simply answered or worked out but its all went mental about it.
its just common sense.

Are the other 3 divisions all conferences ? if so then personally I think that's fine, they are all 1 promotion away from tier 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is what the statement said:
“There will be promotion and relegation across the league at the end of season 1. The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture of what the playing season looks like, given all the current uncertainties. “
Will all the conference winners be promoted automatically?
Will the premier winners be promoted? 
How many will be relegated? 
Will the premier be a 20 team league for 1 season only? 
 
if it’s as straightforward as you’re making out Glensmad why does is not state this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

emoji1751.png

Lol When you cant answer the question reply with a silly emoji.  Feel free to answer the questions at any time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

The structure is already in place? I must’ve missed that statement?
 

So how many teams get relegated in year 1?

Do the 3 conference winners get automatically promoted? 
 

Do the winners of the premier get automatically promoted to the LL or is there a playoff ? 

I can answer your last question.....No they won't be automatically promoted. Do the EoS or Sos champion get automatically promoted? No they have a playoff,the same thing will happen with the WoS champion, Something we have known for ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baldie2k19 said:

I can answer your last question.....No they won't be automatically promoted. Do the EoS or Sos champion get automatically promoted? No they have a playoff,the same thing will happen with the WoS champion, Something we have known for ages.

The only reason the winners of the 3 teams wont be in the play off is that they are not licensed.
No unlicensed team is allowed to enter the playoffs for tier 5 as all teams in the Lowland League and Highland league must be licensed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monalie said:

Would be interesting to hear what George Fraser thinks about the way things have unfolded. Happy? Unhappy?

 

I know for a fact he is very unhappy. but it is none of his or dave's doing.the fault, (blame) lies else where.other parties are behind this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The only reason the winners of the 3 teams wont be in the play off is that they are not licensed.
No unlicensed team is allowed to enter the playoffs for tier 5 as all teams in the Lowland League and Highland league must be licensed

Thank you @Bestsinceslicebread 👋 Still waiting on answers to the other questions? It would be great if you could help @glensmad and @Burnieman ? Apparently they know what’s happening with the new setup with regards to promotion and relegation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, juniorjunior said:

Thank you @Bestsinceslicebread 👋 Still waiting on answers to the other questions? It would be great if you could help @glensmad and @Burnieman ? Apparently they know what’s happening with the new setup with regards to promotion and relegation? 

I'm honestly in no position of authority, I am a coach and I just read a lot on official channels and on sites like this and just remembered that If any team at tier 6 wins their divisions they can only enter the playoff if they are licensed, which many in the WOS are not.

Sorry what are your questions ?

 

I would surmise structures are been worked out but maybe cant confirm anything until this fekicng lockdown is finished and the virus is defeated, but as you can gather, same as you, im not sure

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres about 14 clubs showing an interest in potentially going back to the juniors, until it’s confirmed what their plans are then i can’t see anyone knowing what’s happening with the conferences until then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lol When you cant answer the question reply with a silly emoji.  Feel free to answer the questions at any time? 
My emoji was because you seem incapable of reading and understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caliy said:

Spot on buddy.

Some Junior officials have been right panned on here for terrible way they have handled certain issues.

Now after less than a couple of weeks the Scottish football association and lowland league have somehow managed to at least match them and lose most of the trust they might of had to do things properly.

Grim stuff. ☹️

Grim stuff indeed!!!! but its not the fault of the lowland league i can assure you of that.the s.f.a.are the culprits in this.i think other parties have managed to dirty the water,thats caused the shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juniorjunior said:

The structure is already in place? I must’ve missed that statement?
 

So how many teams get relegated in year 1?

Do the 3 conference winners get automatically promoted? 
 

Do the winners of the premier get automatically promoted to the LL or is there a playoff ? 

Here’s the question @Bestsinceslicebread ? I think all the teams outside the top 20 teams have been let down big time & im just looking for some answers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

you serious
Please dont take offence but I've never heard such pish in all my life and I've heard some right pish on P&B in the past few years, legal action, did the Bonnyton chairman message you to say "hey Tutankhamen, I told the LL that if they didn't put us in tier 6 we're taking them to court"  lolololol, you reading that back.
Well I think they are in teir 6 because I know the lowland league committee have been brainwashed by aliens and were told to make sure Bonnyton are in the top tier, furthermore, they mist get the same ref every game and given a four goals of a start

do you know how associations and leagues work.

Bonnyton are the only team out of the 67 teams who are put in the correct tier.
The other 66 teams are new teams to an association that Bonnyton already exist
They have moved from tier 6 SOS to tier 6 WOS.
Do any of us think they will stay there or win tier 6, I don't think anyone does but they are there in the correct tier under the current circumstances.

For the people who have no idea how it works, moving to a new Association, you have no power to ask for anything, that's how it works.
The LL, EOS and SOS can work out any system they want, any structure they want except told they cannot have four conferences at tier 6 by the SFA.

 

What I will say about Bonnyton, if I wa son the committee id make sure I asked the question before we left the SOS for the new WOS. Id ask "will we be in tier 6 of the new WOS because we are in tier 6 of the SOS"


 

Slightly wrong there fella.the wosfl decide things for themselfs once their board is formed.as do the Eos & Sos.the board administer's the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

My emoji1751.png emoji was because you seem incapable of reading and understanding.

In stead of smart ass reply’s & silly emojis help me understand? I’ve asked you on a few occasions now to explain the following:

how many teams get relegated and promoted in the first year? 
 

do the 3 conference winners gain automatic promotion into tier 6? 
 

I'm calling you out! You don’t know? You’re just happy to be in with the big boys for another season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



In stead of smart ass reply’s & silly emojis help me understand? I’ve asked you on a few occasions now to explain the following:
how many teams get relegated and promoted in the first year? 
 
do the 3 conference winners gain automatic promotion into tier 6? 
 
I'm calling you out! You don’t know? You’re just happy to be in with the big boys for another season. 


The answers to your questions haven't been decided yet. That's because the format of the conferences will be determined by the start date of the leagues. That was explained in the WoSFL statement yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Slightly wrong there fella.the wosfl decide things for themselfs once their board is formed.as do the Eos & Sos.the board administer's the league.

yes they have to vote people in to run the WOS for next year, as far as I know, not this year but the video conferences were used to find teams views and opions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

yes they have to vote people in to run the WOS for next year, as far as I know, not this year but the video conferences were used to find teams views and opions

Can i ask as am relatively new to both the juniors and now the west of Scotland forum.why are so many people just plainly negative all the time to change its a new league so there will be teething glitches in the first season whenever that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, glensmad said:


 

 


The answers to your questions haven't been decided yet. That's because the format of the conferences will be determined by the start date of the leagues. That was explained in the WoSFL statement yesterday.

 

And there it is YOU DON’T KNOW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...