Conference Call

16 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

A lot of people under estimate the quality of the SoS league and Bonnyton might be able to attract better quality players. With a kind seeding and a lot of luck it might not be beyond them but I see that as unlikely. A few folk are saying St Cadoc's have some money behind them and seem to mean business so could be a surprise. Someone on the Morton board said Drumchapel have signed Willie Dyer and if that's true and they're attracting players with 300+ SPFL games under their belt then ye wouldn't want to write them off either.

And now that I've done all I can to make the league more exciting I'm gonna say I don't think any of that will make a difference and the first WoSFL Premier League will be very similar to this season's West Region Premier.

SoS is anything from Champ to L2. Mostly L1/2.

Bonnyton lost players to the likes of Craigmark, Maybole and Girvan in the summer. That's their market and level at present. Lot of young players too from their youth system.

Dyer to Drum - not sure what they're getting - he was a bit part player for East Stirlingshire last season. Injuries?

image.thumb.png.9be5507e0f6d7ebf0f483e34f4458382.png

Edited by cmontheloknow

Some changes coming to the expected conference format...

From a follow up reply: "The rationale being offered is that "adding the entire WoSFL to the SFA Judicial Panel Protocol is not feasible due to resource issues"."

Edited by Ginaro

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Some changes coming to the expected conference format...

Yup. The WoS will now proceed with a 'Premier' of 17 teams (2019/20 Superleague plus Bonnyton), with conferences in the tier below.

The rationale being offered by the SFA is that "adding the entire WoSFL to the SFA Judicial Panel Protocol is not feasible due to resource issues". Only the top flight will be added, while the WoS itself will look after Tier 7.

Edited by Born To Run

5 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Take it that's the big Scottish Cup going South then for the smaller clubs.

Floodlights or not.

Only the overall winner of the conferences would have got the Scottish Cup place. In all likelihood, this would have been an ex-West Premiership club anyway. Even at Tier 7, clubs will be eligible for licencing and an automatic place.

Really feel for all these clubs. I was so pro pyramid but it's collapsing at its very foundations before it's even got started .

No promotion from lowland or highland. 

Closed shop mentality from above that will never change. 

Sfa shambles with licensing. 

Sfa let's face it don't give a hoot and were happy with a once thriving junior game outside the bubble. 

Goal posts will be shifted constantly .

Numerous clubs in it who don't want in it,  numerous clubs outside it happy to be. 

The list goes on and on a total nightmare for those who were enthusiastic pyramidists sadly. 

Just now, thebairns57 said:

Really feel for all these clubs. I was so pro pyramid but it's collapsing at its very foundations before it's even got started .

Sfa let's face it don't give a hoot and were happy with a once thriving junior game outside the bubble. 

Numerous clubs in it who don't want in it,  numerous clubs outside it happy to be. 

The list goes on and on a total nightmare for those who were enthusiastic pyramidists sadly. 

There is a flip-side to this.

With the WoS now on board, a united non-league setup will become harder and harder to ignore. The SPFL had to give in to a rump LL and HFL - we will force them to implement automatic relegation eventually if we all speak as one.

5 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction. The LL/HL issue is one thing. The new set up quite another. Everyone in WRSJFA would have accepted existing structure had WR retained absolute control. The 4 teams coming in don't justify throwing baby out with the bath water. It would have been interesting for a season and status quo would likely have formed anyway. That's what leagues do. year in, year out. They sort out best to worst.

Off to a flier eh

Goalposts moved and the league hasn't even been approved yet.  

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

With the WoS now on board, a united non-league setup will become harder and harder to ignore. The SPFL had to give in to a rump LL and HFL - we will force them to implement automatic relegation eventually if we all speak as one.

it wont be though will it, it's not even started yet and already the SFA, which everyone in the massive whats the future thread over in the juniors board, have called the shots the way they want despite everyone being assured that the SFA couldn't do this or couldn't do that....they can and they have

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction. The LL/HL issue is one thing. The new set up quite another. Everyone in WRSJFA would have accepted existing structure had WR retained absolute control. The 4 teams coming in don't justify throwing baby out with the bath water. It would have been interesting for a season and status quo would likely have formed anyway. That's what leagues do. year in, year out. They sort out best to worst.

The difference being we were told that everyone would be treated equally, thats not proved to be the case to start with

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Mate you are a new kid on the block. A good guy but you are the spin doctor so to speak and fair play to you for trying. 

This is horrific but not unexpected the whole system as i said is collapsing before it's even got started. Clubs all over must be totally bemused and the ex west region men who will be running the Wosfl (assuming it fully transpires) in years to come must be wondering what the hell they are getting involved in. 

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Got my popcorn ready for when we find out who the two clubs lobbying behind the scenes are

Hearing Talbot and Pollok two clubs that were probably dragged kicking and screaming into it and now want to call the shots, so much for the other clubs breaking away from the juniors , shambles!! 

Just now, thebairns57 said:

Mate you are a new kid on the block. A good guy but you are the spin doctor so to speak and fair play to you for trying. 

This is horrific but not unexpected the whole system as i said is collapsing before it's even got started. Clubs all over must be totally bemused and the ex west region men who will be running the Wosfl (assuming it fully transpires) in years to come must be wondering what the hell they are getting involved in. 

From the sounds of it, it's ex-West Region men from two ex-West Region clubs who've pushed for this...

Darvel and Blantyre Vics won't be happy at all about the decision. They both do deserve promotion in my opinion as were well ahead and Rob Roy should have been relegated as no way they were staying up and they could regroup in the conferences.

It was going to be tough for current West Region Premiership teams to stay tier 6 as teams in leagues below are improving eg Darvel, Blantyre, Arthurlie, Petershill, Lanark plus 2 new amateur teams have number of current and ex Juniors and Seniors in their teams. I reckon only half would have finished top 3/4 in conferences. Would have been an exciting but stressful season for a lot of West Premier teams now less pressure to spend on wages and can focus on facilities a bit more as will just want to avoid bottom 3 or 4.

It's all still to be finalised though. Who knows with Scottish football.