Conference Call

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Said it before but so easy for supporters of bigger West sides to think the world is rosy. Lok add three figures (and sometimes considerably) to virtually every away game, Bot too.

Looking at the figures there is, on average, a BIG drop off from the West Region Premier and Championship and I don't think the "size" of the clubs at the bottom end of one/top end of the other is that considerable. But that's not just a junior problem. Same thing would happen re: crowds if we switched Hamilton/Ross County with Ayr/Morton and they had Old Firm/Edinburgh clubs/Aberdeen fans visiting instead of Alloa and Arbroath.

Weirdly enough the opposite might be true of the LL/EoS league. A few decent sized clubs waiting to come up and a few waiting to drop down. Also the SoS league crowds are a bit artificial with two reserve sides and Bonnyton but missing Dalbeattie. Also have to factor in the novelty aspect of some the crowds clubs are getting in new leagues with new opposition, etc.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

The only two clubs capable of promotion to the Lowland League right now are Glasgow University and Girvan since they are licenced.
Everyone considered Dalkeith Thistle to be one of the first clubs to gain a licence from the SFA since they declared first back in January 2018 and got to start the process before the moratorium was put in palce. Even when floodlights were forced into the requirements last minute, Dalkeith had floodlights.
They've now been through two rounds of licencing in 2019 & 2020. They still don't have a licence. Nobody is guaranteed a licence in time for promotion in 2020-21.
Petershill r step away from a licence and what they need 2 do is put a cover onnthe fence behind 1 of the goals to stop people from looking in. Dalkeith i dunno why they aint got there licence but sounds like there is more 2 what ur just saying. My club were identified what is needed 2 gain the licence and its gonnie cost us £15k. We r on track 2 get that figure and plan 2 have a licence for season 21/22

Mon the papers

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

Petershill r step away from a licence and what they need 2 do is put a cover onnthe fence behind 1 of the goals to stop people from looking in. Dalkeith i dunno why they aint got there licence but sounds like there is more 2 what ur just saying. My club were identified what is needed 2 gain the licence and its gonnie cost us £15k. We r on track 2 get that figure and plan 2 have a licence for season 21/22

Mon the papers

Dalkeith needed to do stuff to their pavilion which I think was the main expense.

You then had the likes of St Andrews who spent a 5 figure sum on improvements/changes to meet licencing. One of the things if I remember right was moving their dugouts to the other side of the pitch. Something like that. By the end all they were rejected for was floodlights.

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was the meeting on March 10th, the one at the EK hotel? If so St Anthony's and some others may not have been there to hear it.

No it was the WRJFA one, the LL one was on the 12th at EK.

24 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

But that does not mean the LL believed that to be the case.

No but it's strange that no one said anything publicly about conferences not being allowed at the time...

Edited by Ginaro

Dalkeith needed to do stuff to their pavilion which I think was the main expense.
You then had the likes of St Andrews who spent a 5 figure sum on improvements/changes to meet licencing. One of the things if I remember right was moving their dugouts to the other side of the pitch. Something like that. By the end all they were rejected for was floodlights.
Yeah floodlights is a must and well done these clubs for showing ambition and spending money on getting there ground upto criteria or trying 2.

Mon the papers

56 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Very much toys out the pram stuff

Mon the papers

McKenna Snrs comments were more than that. They were libellous and a very poor attempt at character assassinations of a man who has worked tirelessly on behalf of the WoS teams in recent months.

Looking at some of the posts on here over the last few days, its become clear there is a strategy at play. Im struggling to understand the end goal? I can only assume its a power play for control of the WoSFL. 

What will be interesting over the coming weeks is if St Ants do as McKenna assured everyone in his tweet and demand his £500 back. I believe clubs were advised last night if anyone wanted to withdraw they would receive a full refund.

The stories of lobbying behind the backs of the majority of WoS clubs & LL board by Talbot and Pollok have come from too many different and reliable sources and not just Clydebank supporters as some of the newer posters on here have tried to suggest, not to be true. So if everyone knows what everyone else has been up to, it will also be very interesting to see how that one plays.

A few of the more reliable posters on here did suggest a while back that the WoSFL will just end up being run by the same people and from what i can gather thats a bad thing. I guess if im right and it is a power play the next step will be to restrict who can vote so they can be sure they get the league committee they want. Some more lobbying and interference from the SFA to come perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The stories of lobbying behind the backs of the majority of WoS clubs & LL board by Talbot and Pollok have come from too many different and reliable sources and not just Clydebank supporters as some of the newer posters on here have tried to suggest, not to be true.

And that is in itself potentially libellous, to the best of my information.

17 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

McKenna Snrs comments were more than that. They were libellous and a very poor attempt at character assassinations of a man who has worked tirelessly on behalf of the WoS teams in recent months.

Looking at some of the posts on here over the last few days, its become clear there is a strategy at play. Im struggling to understand the end goal? I can only assume its a power play for control of the WoSFL. 

What will be interesting over the coming weeks is if St Ants do as McKenna assured everyone in his tweet and demand his £500 back. I believe clubs were advised last night if anyone wanted to withdraw they would receive a full refund.

The stories of lobbying behind the backs of the majority of WoS clubs & LL board by Talbot and Pollok have come from too many different and reliable sources and not just Clydebank supporters as some of the newer posters on here have tried to suggest, not to be true. So if everyone knows what everyone else has been up to, it will also be very interesting to see how that one plays.

A few of the more reliable posters on here did suggest a while back that the WoSFL will just end up being run by the same people and from what i can gather thats a bad thing. I guess if im right and it is a power play the next step will be to restrict who can vote so they can be sure they get the league committee they want. Some more lobbying and interference from the SFA to come perhaps?

Mate the boys club from alloa are doing nobody any harm good on you for giving it a go in men's football but you can't take over non league football .

The wos football league at tier 7 and 8 will be ran by junior officials and junior officials will have a big say in tier 6 and in time tier 5 that's gonna happen common sense tells you that to compliment i may add who's already involved unless of course you are in tier 4 and then a new gaffer for the lowland will need to be found. 

Edited by cherrywhite

17 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I don't know anything about lobbying by clubs, but my personal opinion, which is pure speculation and is not purporting to be anything else, is that it is a grab for control of the WOSL, by someone at the SJFA who is feeling marginalised, and has access to influential, and incompetent, figures at the SFA. Someone who is quite prepared to sabotage the new league to keep his place on the gravy train. "Saving" the WRJFA may be a part of that.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Not if it is true.

And I am assured it is not.

As you say it is true, you can name the person(s) from the Pollok FC committee who were up to no good and what exactly they were saying.

Edited by cmontheloknow

15 minutes ago, cherrywhite said:

Mate the boys club from alloa are doing nobody any harm good on you for giving it a go in men's football but you can't take over non league football .

The wos football league at tier 7 and 8 will be ran by junior officials and junior officials will have a big say in tier 6 and in time tier 5 that's gonna happen common sense tells you that to compliment i may add who's already involved unless of course you are in tier 4 and then a new gaffer for the lowland will need to be found. 

You started well with your patronising opening. Faded badly towards the end. Good effort though.

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

As you say it is true, you can name the person(s) from the Pollok FC committee who were up to no good and what exactly they were saying.

Can i ? Perhaps i can, but tell me why would i? It'll all come out in the wash.

11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

And while you're at it double it up with the Talbot one as that too has been firmly denied!