Conference Call

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

And time will tell if any West of Scotland side will a) get their licence, b) maintain their status in the LL and c) win the LL.

Using one off cup games to further a narrative doesn't work, its a one off cup game and not a season. That's like saying Talbot are better than ayr, which they are not.

We all have to wait and see if your thoughts are accurate, one thing though, talbits fans could at least show a little respect to other clubs, have a bit of decorum and show some class. (Regardless of what others may say about you or your club - at this stage you have essentially 'won' junior football in the West, there is no need to throw it down everyones throat all the time)

I think you will find most Talbot fans only retaliate due to the constant shite on here that is thrown at our club.

f**k sake here's the manager of the team who were the worst team in the West Region having a pop now..[emoji50]

And time will tell if any West of Scotland side will a) get their licence, b) maintain their status in the LL and c) win the LL.
Using one off cup games to further a narrative doesn't work, its a one off cup game and not a season. That's like saying Talbot are better than ayr, which they are not.
We all have to wait and see if your thoughts are accurate, one thing though, talbots fans (on here anyway) could at least show a little respect to other clubs, have a bit of decorum and show some class. (Regardless of what others may say about you or your club - at this stage you have essentially 'won' junior football in the West, there is no need to throw it down everyones throat all the time)

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

f**k sake here's the manager of the team who were the worst team in the West Region having a pop now..emoji50.png

I'm not having a pop, it was a roundabout compliment. (You have essentiay won football in the west)

Take a step back from rushing to reply.

You have, in my opinion been the best junior side in the west for a number of years, I do think your club will go on and progress through the levels, but it remains to be seen how long that will take. I don't expect it will take the club long given the investment over the years, but downplaying other clubs, throwing the clubs success around on here in the manner from above does the clubs placing no favours. 

(You must have me confused, im not a manager of anyone)

Edited by Guest

Sorry assistant manager [emoji2955]

I'm not having a pop, it was a rpundabout compliment.
You have, in my opinion been the best junior side in the west for a number of years, I do think your club will go on and progress through the levels, but it remains to be seen how long that will take. I don't expect it will take the club long given the investment over the years, but downplaying other clubs, throwing the clubs success around on here in the manner from above does the clubs placing no favours. 

You certainly won't can throw Dunipaces success over the years about on here..

I'm not having a pop, it was a roundabout compliment. (You have essentiay won football in the west)
Take a step back from rushing to reply.

4 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

We all have to wait and see if your thoughts are accurate, one thing though, talbits fans could at least show a little respect to other clubs, have a bit of decorum and show some class. (Regardless of what others may say about you or your club - at this stage you have essentially 'won' junior football in the West, there is no need to throw it down everyones throat all the time)

if my club had their , Talbots ,recent success i would gloat...hopefully in a completely acceptable manner  to other less fortunates.Watched some of the big names from the East  and LL this year and was shocked at the declining crowds and general poor standard - the LL is particularly poor .I agree that a one off win in a cup tie is perhaps not the most accurate way of determining future outcomes but in my opinion and from what I have watched they are miles ahead of most others and I would envisage them continuing to progress...perhaps with a modicum of humility making it more palatable then

10 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I think you will find most Talbot fans only retaliate due to the constant shite on here that is thrown at our club.

why retaliate when saying nothing and enjoying your success is adequate enough?

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You certainly won't can throw Dunipaces success over the years about on here..

goodness me.

What relevance is that to what we are meant to be discussing as adults?

f**k sake here's the manager of the team who were the worst team in the West Region having a pop now..[emoji50]

Unless I've been sacked and no one has told me, he's not who you think he is.

Also worth pointing out that I was never manager of "The worst team in the West Region". When Dunipace were there I was busy being part of a LL management team who pumped you out the Big Scottish in my only ever game in a coaching sense against Talbot.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

(For clarity, this is humour, Talbot's success is the envy of most and they've worked hard to get it. I have no issue with them at all).

Is he not your brother Graeme the assistant manager?

Unless I've been sacked and no one has told me, he's not who you think he is. 
Also worth pointing out that I was never manager of "The worst team in the West Region". When Dunipace were there I was busy being part of a LL management team who pumped you out the Big Scottish in my only ever game in a coaching sense against Talbot.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

(For clarity, this is humour, Talbot's success is the envy of most and they've worked hard to get it. I have no issue with them at all).

Jealousy from some bitter ex senior fans who's club ended up in junior football, jealous of a club that has respect of most of their rivals in what they have achieved over the years 
Our fans have every right 2 be bitter about the way things have turned out for our club 18 years ago but not 1 clydebank fan i know is jealous of talbot. The hatred is because of the way we get treated down at beechwood. It started with the scottish cup game we won 1-0. This seasons game down there use made a big thing about segeration but it was talbot fans who where in the away end and it kicked off outside away turnstile i had my kids so i went out the other gate as i could c the 6 fingered knuckle dusters getting brought put the pockets lol wee joke there.

Mon the papers

18 minutes ago, andy25 said:

I also have no issue with talbot, they are the envy of most. (Me too to be fair)

I was simply trying to say rise above and enjoy the success, there is no need to get involved, it serves to undermine the view of a professionally run club who many would love to get close to emulating. (Myself included)

Edited by Guest

Not sure I understand the level of bile and hate speech going on here in what should be a relatively mundane debate about a potential new structure in a new league.

I thought these trying times were all about being kinder and more considerate to each other.

Dunipace seem to have done,  quite well for themselves, and are doing good things, and appearing to be progressive and forward thinking, and not too up their own backsides.

Talbot obviously don't want to do anything that will stop them from being flat track bullies.

Clydebank - people need to get over the Senior/Junior thing, and the no home patter. Tiresome. They groundshare and arguably because of that have helped prolong the like of a team on life support - Yoker.  A twofer.

As for the "back to the juniors" brigade there seem to be a bit of projecting of themselves on to the Lowland League people. 

No one made the "juniors" move. If they were forced it was the West Region's bizarrely hatched plan to move en masse they is at fault.

Anyways - the two teams I heard named were Talbot and Pollok. But what do I know apart from the whole need to denigrate people because they don't or won't name names is immature and irrelevant. The source I heard it from is credible, coherent and not prone to hyperbole. I am not sure they would fabricate it either.  There could well be a germ of truth.

"At this point is born the fatal envy which so many men feel of the lives of others. "

In what way are Talbot flat track bullies?

Not sure I understand the level of bile and hate speech going on here in what should be a relatively mundane debate about a potential new structure in a new league.
I thought these trying times were all about being kinder and more considerate to each other.
Dunipace seem to have done,  quite well for themselves, and are doing good things, and appearing to be progressive and forward thinking, and not too up their own backsides.
Talbot obviously don't want to do anything that will stop them from being flat track bullies.
Clydebank - people need to get over the Senior/Junior thing, and the no home patter. Tiresome. They groundshare and arguably because of that have helped prolong the like of a team on life support - Yoker.  A twofer.
As for the "back to the juniors" brigade there seem to be a bit of projecting of themselves on to the Lowland League people. 
No one made the "juniors" move. If they were forced it was the West Region's bizarrely hatched plan to move en masse they is at fault.
Anyways - the two teams I heard named were Talbot and Pollok. But what do I know apart from the whole need to denigrate people because they don't or won't name names is immature and irrelevant. The source I heard it from is credible, coherent and not prone to hyperbole. I am not sure they would fabricate it either.  There could well be a germ of truth.

"At this point is born the fatal envy which so many men feel of the lives of others. "

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They were already going to allow 17 rather than 16 for one season only, so it would be kind of petty of them not to.

Petty doesn't come into it. Extending from 17 to 20 means another six match days to shoehorn in. Fixture carnage.

Kennie! Tell them!