Conference Call

7 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

At £25 for a lino at a junior game, no they can't,hence why the district leagues in the juniors have committee men running the line.

Only folk that do it are people that want to progress as it's not worth your while any other way in terms of a hassle to cash ratio.

Talking about admin officials I think. SFA say they cannot do the discipline admin for all leagues, only 1 tier 6 league.

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Pollok seem to have been one of them, strange why they don’t want us in top league 🤔

Wasn’t aware that Pollok were making representations to re-shape the re-vamp nor was the club committee so this is all a bit of a mystery....

Although there's lots of seethe in this thread about two clubs, the SFA are being fully consistent with what they said last year that the east region would have to do to be accepted by them at tier six (i.e. no north and south divisions only a 16 club division at tier 6). Good to see the common sense outcome of the clubs from the west superleague becoming the tier six feeder is the one that is happening but there should be pro/rel using ppg outcomes from this season to determine who gets in.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Although there's lots of seethe in this thread about two clubs, the SFA are being fully consistent with what they said last year that the east region would have to do to be accepted by them at tier six (i.e. no north and south divisions only a 16 club division at tier 6). Good to see the common sense outcome of the clubs from the west superleague becoming the tier six feeder is the one that is happening but there should be pro/rel using ppg outcomes from this season to determine who gets in.

Bonnyrigg were promoted from a tier 6 conference to tier 5 last season, so there's nothing consistent about any of this. 

Talking about admin officials I think. SFA say they cannot do the discipline admin for all leagues, only 1 tier 6 league.
Yeah, I know what the main issue was but not being able to provide assistants is more problematic if all the leagues are at an equal level. (all split into conferences)

When one is clearly higher level from the start it is easier to defend.

On 26 April 2020 at 13:00, Stego Mac said:

From a neutral point of view, it is always going to be interesting to see how the Conferences are made up, and I have no idea how the discussions have been on these. So for a bit of fun, I decided to come up with my own version. I split each of the teams into a pool of 4 based on league positions last year with the exception of Johnstone Burgh and Newmains who moved up a pot based on their points per games. The 4 new clubs were also put in the same pot. Each of the pots would then in turn be drawn into each of the conferences in turn. Below I have listed ‘my’ pots followed by the initial draw I made for a bit of fun. I don’t think I could have hand picked some of the derbies better myself without the random generator though.

WOS League ‘pots’

Pot 1

Kilwinning Rangers

Pollok

Auchinleck Talbot

Irvine Meadow

Pot 2

Clydebank

Glenafton Athletic

Beith

Kilbirnie

Pot 3

Cumnock

Rossvale

Largs Thistle

Hurlford

Pot 4

Troon

Benburb

Rutherglen Glencairn

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Pot 5

Darvel

Cumbernauld

Blantyre

Renfrew

Pot 6

Shotts

Arthurlie

Neilston

Whitletts

Pot 7

Kilsyth Rangers

Dalry Thistle

Gartcairn

Petershill

Pot 8

St Rochs

Cambuslang

Craigmark

Irvine Victoria

Pot 9

Ardrossan

Lanark

Shettleston

Port Glasgow

Pot 10

Lesmahagow

Greenock

Carluke

Glasgow Perthshire

Pot 11

Larkhall Thistle

Bellshill Athletic

Girvan

Maryhill

Pot 12

Kello Rovers

Wishaw

East Kilbride Thistle

Royal Albert

Pot 13

Vale of Leven

Yoker Athletic

Muirkirk

Johnstone Burgh

Pot 14

Maybole

Ashfield

Thorniewood United

Forth Wanderers

Pot 15

Annbank

Vale of Clyde

St Anthony’s

Newmains United

Pot 16

Saltcoats Victoria

Lugar Boswell Thistle

Ardeer Thistle

Pot 17

Bonnyton Thistle

Drumchapel United

Glasgow University

St Cadocs

Only pot you'll see is the one thrown at Darvel and Blantyre Vics.

Pollok seem to have been one of them, strange why they don’t want us in top league [emoji848]

Don't flatter your team pal. Can't imagine anyone at Pollok gives anything resembling a damn if Darvel are or aren't in the same league as us.

I'm told that the understanding of the WOSFL was that next season the SFA would not be looking after discipline for the U20s or the EoSFL, freeing them up to look after the WOSFL for one year only.

3 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
19 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Pollok seem to have been one of them, strange why they don’t want us in top league emoji848.png

Don't flatter your team pal. Can't imagine anyone at Pollok gives anything resembling a damn if Darvel are or aren't in the same league as us.

Oh they do 

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I'm told that the understanding of the WOSFL was that next season the SFA would not be looking after discipline for the U20s or the EoSFL, freeing them up to look after the WOSFL for one year only.

The bold sounds a bit fanciful?

As pointed out previously the WoSFL can still go the Conference route. They're going to have to administer the discipline etc for 50 clubs by the sound of it next year anyway, since the SFA are forgoing any responsibility. Conferences provide more flexibility given the ongoing uncertainty around when the 2020-21 will have a chance to start. Otherwise you're definitely tying in teams to a 32 game/34 rounds league season on paper.

The only thing that would be missed is participation in the Lowland League playoff which isn't guaranteed anyway.

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Bonnyrigg were promoted from a tier 6 conference to tier 5 last season, so there's nothing consistent about any of this. 

True, but from we've been told they said that sort of format wasn't going to be allowed again in future and tier 6 feeders would have to be 16 club divisions and they could handle the discipline for four of them.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

True, but from we've been told they said that sort of format wasn't going to be allowed again in future and tier 6 feeders would have to be 16 club divisions and they could handle the discipline for four of them.

has someone been reading over old minutes looking for wriggle room?

12 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
28 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Pollok seem to have been one of them, strange why they don’t want us in top league emoji848.png

Exactly they are a small club from ayrshire with a glasgow based manager and squad throwing money pretending to be a big club. Clubs like Pollok and Talbot never have and never will give a flying 'f' about them. 

Edited by thebairns57