Conference Call

Disagree heartily with that. He's truly left wing whilst being measured and considered. 

Happy to back Farage on Brexit though, and opposes self-determination.

On 11/07/2020 at 09:13, Marten said:

Galloway isn't left wing or right wing, he is "Galloway wing". He has no principles but just says whatever he thinks can get him some attention...

Bang on, George Galloway stands for George Galloway.  I'm guessing he's been out of the media for a little while and he now wants/needs attention.

A kinda pound shop Farage.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Bang on, George Galloway stands for George Galloway.  I'm guessing he's been out of the media for a little while and he now wants/needs attention.

A kinda pound shop Farage.

Your guess is wrong. He has had his own show for years now. Check YouTube. 

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Your guess is wrong. He has had his own show for years now. Check YouTube. 

I'd rather not.  Who watches "shows" on You Tube anyway, isn't that for the tin foil hat brigade?

On 12/07/2020 at 00:46, Sunrise said:

Happy to back Farage on Brexit though, and opposes self-determination.

He backed leaving Europe not Farage. Those are two different things. I'm interested in the self determination theory though. Can you post where you have seen him say this please?

Or as the thread has gone off track maybe PM me.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'd rather not.  Who watches "shows" on You Tube anyway, isn't that for the tin foil hat brigade?

I don't know what that is but I've seen it written a few times on here so I guess it's a way of derogatorily categorising people.

Anyway, I watch the show which is streamed live via YouTube. Not sure how using that platform makes me a figure of fun.

He ran for Holyrood in 2011 and tried to get in on the Celtic vote, handing out embarrassing green and white leaflets at Parkhead where his one policy seemed to be about getting justice for Neil Lennon after the mail bomb thing. Utter w**k of a man.

Given he is from Lochee and started his political career as a councillor in Dundee he used to talk about being a Dundee United supporter and being at Muirton when Dundee won the league title in the early 60s, so suddenly turning into a Celtic fan was transparently obvious opportunism on his part.

48 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

He backed leaving Europe not Farage. Those are two different things. I'm interested in the self determination theory though. Can you post where you have seen him say this please?

He has literally shared stages with the likes of Nigel Farage & Steve Bannon. He campaigned on the same points as Farage did. If he was so "left wing" he should have joined real left wing Brexiteers like Dennis Skinner, who was principled enough to campaign on his views and out of principle refused to share stages with the right-wing Brexiteers like Farage. But unlike Skinner, Galloway doesn't have any principles.

Plus he's a rape apologist & rampant anti-semite. He's a piece of sh!t. He grew up just a few streets from where I'm living, I've been here for 3 years now and I have never heard anyone around here say anything positive about him. And that includes people of all political views re. independence, Brexit and other issues, so I haven't just been speaking to people with the same political background...

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

He ran for Holyrood in 2011 and tried to get in on the Celtic vote, handing out embarrassing green and white leaflets at Parkhead where his one policy seemed to be about getting justice for Neil Lennon after the mail bomb thing. Utter w**k of a man.

He did similar when he was MP for Glasgow Kelvin. I remember being in a pub in Partick with a few mates one Friday night which is known as a Celtic boozer, but not THAT kind of Celtic boozer. He totally misread the room thinking he was in some republican shebeen and was going from table to table trying to ingratiate himself accordingly and being told to get fucked.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I don't know what that is but I've seen it written a few times on here so I guess it's a way of derogatorily categorising people.

Anyway, I watch the show which is streamed live via YouTube. Not sure how using that platform makes me a figure of fun.

I'm sure you have heard of Alex Jones.  A sort of American cousin of Galloway. He might be banned from YT now right enough.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'm sure you have heard of Alex Jones.  A sort of American cousin of Galloway. He might be banned from YT now right enough.

No, I haven't. Why are you mentioning him? Is he the author of the phrase?

He stood alongside Farage in 2016 and backed the Brexit Party in 2019 -

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/nigel-farage-was-stupid-to-appear-at-anti-eu-rally-with-george-galloway-says-adviser-1.60671

He’s made his views on Scotland and Catalonia clear -

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2014/02/04/news/galloway-favours-united-ireland-but-says-naw-to-a-free-scotland-82768/

https://talkradio.co.uk/news/catalan-independence-demands-are-fuelled-entirely-selfishness-and-greed-says-george-galloway

He’s also anti-abortion, something as a man he has no say over -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/george-galloway-its-not-easy-being-gorgeous-54718.html

As far off topic as this has went, I’m happy to say more.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

When this thread was entitled "Conference call", I didn't think it was because it was political party conference season. emoji3061.png

Quite agree,think it's gone off tangent slightly ! Let's get back to the WOSFL and the Elite/Premier/Div 1 & 2 debates. Hoping things go well and we get back on the terraces - 2m apart - asap.