Conference Call

10 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Keep reading about the' big clubs' in tier 6 The change has happened at the right time for certain teams. A lot of established junior teams with a lot of history missing out with the way this has happened, I mean look at some of the famous junior teams in the conferences, compared to the likes of Rossvale who have a public park as a ground? I know they got promoted last year but more established junior teams deserve the place in tier 6

Quite right. And Dumbarton and Queen's Park should be in the SPFL Premier.

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

Kilsyth, 3 seasons in the top flight of the West Region since it went Central/Ayrshire combined. 

Maryhill, Neilston, Johnstone and Bellshill have all spent more time in the Superleague than Kilsyth so clearly they should be in the top flight next season as well 🤓

It certainly wasn't pleasant at the time, but I've come round to the way of thinking that every team should have the wake-up call we had when we sat rock bottom of the old Central Second for a couple of weeks - it would teach them a bit of humility.

In football you end up where you end up because that's where you were good enough to end up.

At the time we did have a couple of the old stagers moaning loudly that we were too "big" to be in that position...conveniently ignoring the fact that in some cases the slide had happened on their watch, and also seemingly thinking that somehow we should be granted extra points in the league on account of us having a right good team ten years before.

Yeah,where you are now is your rightful place, maybe you can buy some success short term. Oh for mid table mediocrity eh. Hope the WOS Conference winners are to go up, rewarding success. If clubs get licensing done, then let's say 3 go down , that's hard luck on those teams but hopefully the cosy leagues are a thing of the past. Don't be afraid to go down and rebuild within your means.

19 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Keep reading about the' big clubs' in tier 6 The change has happened at the right time for certain teams. A lot of established junior teams with a lot of history missing out with the way this has happened, I mean look at some of the famous junior teams in the conferences, compared to the likes of Rossvale who have a public park as a ground? I know they got promoted last year but more established junior teams deserve the place in tier 6

I have to admit, Kilsyth are one of the worst teams in regards to community and youth football.
Absolute no connection whatsoever with blinkered people with no vision, well definitely last season was the attitude while speaking to a couple of committee members. So getting new blood as in fans to Kilsyth, very limited I'd say.
I admit its a free speech on here and quite right too but Krfc10,  you have understood peoples own views of your comments above and I don't blame any of the replies.
if I was a Kilsyth fan Id be so embarrassed at the lack of vision

18 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I have to admit, Kilsyth are one of the worst teams in regards to community and youth football.
Absolute no connection whatsoever with blinkered people with no vision, well definitely last season was the attitude while speaking to a couple of committee members. So getting new blood as in fans to Kilsyth, very limited I'd say.
I admit its a free speech on here and quite right too but Krfc10,  you have understood peoples own views of your comments above and I don't blame any of the replies.
if I was a Kilsyth fan Id be so embarrassed at the lack of vision

Stop bringing youth football into things ffs as if it's a big thing this isn't a youth forum. 

Kilsyth Rangers have a proud football in MENS junior non league football. That is what they are and what the community know and have got behind in times gone past and present day. 

You place far to much on boys football in relation to junior football. 

Junior football and all of non league football to be successful is down to signing the experience and talent you can for money you have. If a club decide to have a youth team fair enough it's a small added bonus if any players make it to a regular in 1st team again another bonus.

To castigate a club who were founded to be a MENS football team is bang out of order all because you are involved in youth football give it a rest!  

This is what is wrong with a lot of people throwing about term dinosaur all because they don't agree with the view you have. Stick to running a boys team and let club committees do what is right for them without being branded something that doesn't even mean anything in the real world. 

Edited by traffordab

Ross vale are were they are in the pyramid through merit nothing else they did the hard miles climbing through the divisions and probably look more self sustainable then most let's say traditional juniors because they have a very good youth academy aswell I also think there committee should be commended for finding a suitable venue to ground share after there park fell through or whatever the reason is they can't play there only issue I mabye can see about ground sharing is will it hamper there chance of getting a licence as say benburb park meets licence criteria but if rossvale get granted a licence then have to relocate in a few years time to a ground that doesn't meet criteria 

12 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Stop bringing youth football into things ffs as if it's a big thing this isn't a youth forum. 

Kilsyth Rangers have a proud football in MENS junior non league football. That is what they are and what the community know and have got behind in times gone past and present day. 

You place far to much on boys football in relation to junior football. 

Junior football and all of non league football to be successful is down to signing the experience and talent you can for money you have. If a club decide to have a youth team fair enough it's a small added bonus if any players make it to a regular in 1st team again another bonus.

To castigate a club who were founded to be a MENS football team is bang out of order all because you are involved in youth football give it a rest!  

This is what is wrong with a lot of people throwing about term dinosaur all because they don't agree with the view you have. Stick to running a boys team and let club committees do what is right for them without being branded something that doesn't even mean anything in the real world. 

I started laughing when I seen your post

your the bomb and love ya too bits,  for ffs, don't delete your id, we all need a laugh.

I can easily tear your post to shreds, The comments I have made are due to me speaking to the committee people, speaking to the manager at the time and speaking to many in the community, as I said, I can rip you a new one in every post you do but I kinda get bored once the giggling stops lolol

I love it that you keep referring to junior football, don't you realise its fading away because of guys like you

On 30/04/2020 at 17:05, Jerry Macguire said:

McKenna Snrs comments were more than that. They were libellous and a very poor attempt at character assassinations of a man who has worked tirelessly on behalf of the WoS teams in recent months.

Looking at some of the posts on here over the last few days, its become clear there is a strategy at play. Im struggling to understand the end goal? I can only assume its a power play for control of the WoSFL. 

What will be interesting over the coming weeks is if St Ants do as McKenna assured everyone in his tweet and demand his £500 back. I believe clubs were advised last night if anyone wanted to withdraw they would receive a full refund.

The stories of lobbying behind the backs of the majority of WoS clubs & LL board by Talbot and Pollok have come from too many different and reliable sources and not just Clydebank supporters as some of the newer posters on here have tried to suggest, not to be true. So if everyone knows what everyone else has been up to, it will also be very interesting to see how that one plays.

A few of the more reliable posters on here did suggest a while back that the WoSFL will just end up being run by the same people and from what i can gather thats a bad thing. I guess if im right and it is a power play the next step will be to restrict who can vote so they can be sure they get the league committee they want. Some more lobbying and interference from the SFA to come perhaps?

With the news of Talbots behind the scenes Jiggery-pokery coming to light. I thought this was worth a bump. Imagine that.

On 16/05/2020 at 11:10, Junior Pub League said:

Kilsyth, 3 seasons in the top flight of the West Region since it went Central/Ayrshire combined. 

Maryhill, Neilston, Johnstone and Bellshill have all spent more time in the Superleague than Kilsyth so clearly they should be in the top flight next season as well 🤓

Where did I mention Kilsyth should be in it? I never said that and not for one minute do I think they should be, I think I maybe should have chose my words a bit better and didn't mean to offend anyone, I was meaning in a round about way some clubs below the premiership did not get what they thought they were voting for, I used Rossvale as an example of a club who hadn't been in the junior ranks for very long and on reflection it was a bad one so I apoligise to them and Dan man I think who is a Rossvale supporter, of course they deserve to be where they are and I'm sure have hard working committee men like any other club, it was a bad example

On 16/05/2020 at 20:47, Bestsinceslicebread said:

well definitely last season was the attitude while speaking to a couple of committee members. So getting new blood as in fans to Kilsyth, very limited I'd say.

So you were speaking to committee members last year who told you the club had no vision? And why do you think the club has a limited chance of attracting new fans? Simply because of what these committee members told you or do you know more? 

5 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

So you were speaking to committee members last year who told you the club had no vision? And why do you think the club has a limited chance of attracting new fans? Simply because of what these committee members told you or do you know more? 

Nope, there is no interaction to youth clubs well up until January this year, they say they do but in realty they don't, well not last year, being based near the area and working with other first team and youth clubs, I should know. You had two Kilsyth youth teams, talented ones who folded, the Under 19s manager told me because the lads got fed up and didn't see any point, so most didn't turn up to training or games due to work.  No point in the football as after 19s they wouldn't be playing as there was nothing there and yes, I also spoke to a couple of boys from the team who said exact same thing. Why as they didn't see a pathway with the local part time team, neither did the management so that's why they called it a day.

The team I was involved in Played KilsythFC and I chatted to a few Committee men at the game and their attitude was the same about the Pyramid, "naw, were not interested, were a junior team and always will be" and finding out about youth teams, working with an academy "no, were happy the way it is and will just bring players in".

Attracting fans, yeah Kilsyth will always attract fans but not that many young ones but they always will attract fans but it could be so much more and stronger but the committee, from a  year ago would definitely need to make way for ones with vision

Unfortunately Krfc, I don't state a view without backup. Its the reason why I've came to that conclusion and working in coaching for a long time.
Even though I'm stating this view, it obviously gets a few peoples backs up and its not meant to be an attack, its a point of view of a club that I have from experience, asking the questions and being involved.  Not sure if you feel that way because you have a connection to the club but sorry if you do, its my view of the club in relation to my points.  In regards t any club, fans or people with connection, its hard to be objective as sometimes it even hurts but if you want to aim for a better future with your team you have to try and be objective, I know I do with the clubs I work with and try to be realistic, that was you come out of it with some modicum of success which the club, youths all benefit from

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

From my experience it's difficult to get clubs to look outside the 1st / senior team maybe due to lack of help,finances etc. It's good if youngsters see a way from youth through to senior level, maybe that's where the tie up between  clubs and youth teams is a bonus - not saying the youth club has to lose their identity though. 

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Nope, there is no interaction to youth clubs well up until January this year, they say they do but in realty they don't, well not last year, being based near the area and working with other first team and youth clubs, I should know. You had two Kilsyth youth teams, talented ones who folded, the Under 19s manager told me because the lads got fed up and didn't see any point, so most didn't turn up to training or games due to work.  No point in the football as after 19s they wouldn't be playing as there was nothing there and yes, I also spoke to a couple of boys from the team who said exact same thing. Why as they didn't see a pathway with the local part time team, neither did the management so that's why they called it a day.

The team I was involved in Played KilsythFC and I chatted to a few Committee men at the game and their attitude was the same about the Pyramid, "naw, were not interested, were a junior team and always will be" and finding out about youth teams, working with an academy "no, were happy the way it is and will just bring players in".

Attracting fans, yeah Kilsyth will always attract fans but not that many young ones but they always will attract fans but it could be so much more and stronger but the committee, from a  year ago would definitely need to make way for ones with vision

Unfortunately Krfc, I don't state a view without backup. Its the reason why I've came to that conclusion and working in coaching for a long time.
Even though I'm stating this view, it obviously gets a few peoples backs up and its not meant to be an attack, its a point of view of a club that I have from experience, asking the questions and being involved.  Not sure if you feel that way because you have a connection to the club but sorry if you do, its my view of the club in relation to my points.  In regards t any club, fans or people with connection, its hard to be objective as sometimes it even hurts but if you want to aim for a better future with your team you have to try and be objective, I know I do with the clubs I work with and try to be realistic, that was you come out of it with some modicum of success which the club, youths all benefit from

I understand everything you are saying and totally agree, clubs should have a connection with the community, I wonder who the committee members are you speak of who said, we are junior and always will be, are you sure they were committee because since all this wosfl stuff kicked off the club have always said that they need to move with the times, and no one I spoke to said other wise. 

On your other point the club was approached by a local team a while back who put points across about joining forces to be a community club, but as you said we didn't think it was a good idea at the time, and ultimately were probably proven right as that club folded and it wasn't because of Kilsyth Rangers, there were some unrealistic proposals put on the table about new 4g surfaces and the like for just one example, can't remember everything now. 

Your other point about the under 19 coach you spoke to, it will be Kilsyth Athletic, I know the gentleman you speak of and I have also spoke to him and I actually spoke to our then manager who agreed to speak with him about taking some players from the 19s and to meet with him, for one reason or another it never happened, I should maybe have pushed it a bit more but I had also found out the Kilsyth manager had applied for another job, so thought maybe he was losing interest and he did eventually leave the club. 

New manager was put in place and needs time to get his own ideas across and I'm sure something will happen in time as he came from coaching at u21 level, to say the club has no vision is rubbish but your entitled to your opinion, the club has a proud history and why more locals don't come out to watch their local team (senior team now I suppose), well you'll need to ask them as the club have tried to attract them.

Kilsyth Rangers also tried to attract more sponsorship from local businesses, got some on board with advertising boards etc, but found some local places would rather sponsor amateur teams and Sunday league teams than support their local senior team, they'll have their reasons, we'll see what happens in the future. 

You say Kilsyth are one of the worst with connection to youth and community football, and the people are blinkered with no vision? Yet you say that was an impression you got speaking to a "couple" of people, so you don't actually know the running of the club itself. 

If you can remember Kilsyth Rangers have had u18 and u21 teams in the past, not now for whatever reason. 

You also said there is no interaction with youth clubs in the area well up until January this year "they say they do but they dont". Could you show me where the club has said they do? 

And also saying the under 19s called it a day cause there was no where to go and no pathway, you can't lay the blame at Kilsyth Rangers door for that

Edited by Krfc 10