Conference Call

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Before the pyramid it seemed the juniors would be happy to continue with possibly the same champions year after year unable/unwilling to progress. If theyd continued as juniors there would probably be no interest in updating grounds etc that's all - random enough for you ?

Even if you include Talbot's title this season there have been three different clubs win the Championship in the last four years

Yeh 18 mins to go, Joe Beckley and others basically ran into park 5 mins before game, couple of stretches and runs then straight into game. Played well that night could've been more albeit we had a scare at the end. [emoji1417]

Aye, Justin Begg scored with about ten to go [emoji4] I think it was the Port Glasgow contingent that came piling out the car about five minutes before KO lol

On 08/05/2020 at 18:06, Andy groundhopper said:

Before the pyramid it seemed the juniors would be happy to continue with possibly the same champions year after year unable/unwilling to progress. If theyd continued as juniors there would probably be no interest in updating grounds etc that's all - random enough for you ?

Seemed. Assuming that was the case (which it has been already pointed out it isn't), why would you think the other clubs were "happy" with that? 

21 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Even if you include Talbot's title this season there have been three different clubs win the Championship in the last four years

I think some people just assume certain things when it come to auchinleck .

Scottish junior cup no argument from me last 15 years have been incredible. 

West premier league won 6 times in 17 years. 

West of scotland cup 2 times in 30 years. 

Most clubs would love that kind of success but it's not the all dominating version of the junior game that many think.

Even when atfc are winning multiple trophies a season they rarely get an easy time of it. 

The vast majority of atfc fans will wish they were still in the junior set up and not just a junior memberships club in the junior cup next season.

This poses a great challenge to the club and it's identity people are bred into a certain version of football and a certain structure of football it will take a generation or two to change that mentality and even when it eventually comes will the same lure still be there when the success isn't the same as say a mid table bottom league senior team that's assuming that closed shop ever opens its door which looks highly unlikely imo. 

Edited by traffordab

5 minutes ago, traffordab said:

West premier league won 6 times out of 17 

West of Scotland twice in 30 years. 

Most clubs would love that kind of success but it's not the all dominating version of the junior game that many think.

Even when atfc are winning multiple trophies a season they rarely get an easy time of it. 

The vast majority of atfc fans will wish they were still in the junior set up and not just a junior memberships club in the junior cup next season.

This poses a great challenge to the club and it's identity people are bred into a certain version of football and a certain structure of football it will take a generation or two to change that mentality and even when it eventually comes will the same lure still be there when the success isn't the same as say a mid table bottom league senior team that's assuming that closed shop ever opens its door which looks highly unlikely imo. 

It's not a closed shop. It's not open all hours, but it's not a closed shop.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Seemed. Assuming that was the case (which it has been already pointed out it isn't), why would you think the other clubs were "happy" with that? 

Mainly because I didn't hear it season after season,that junior clubs were desperate to progress (maybe im wrong) and move on upwards. Now if clubs aren't happy with the new WOS, at least there's a pyramid / pathway ahead, hopefully !

56 minutes ago, traffordab said:

West premier league won 6 times in 17 years. 

West of scotland cup 2 times in 30 years. 

Correct. There is always a challenge. Its not always the same club but there is always a challenge.

5 of their West Premier titles came due to them winning their 22 and final league game. If they had lost they would not have  been champions. The other was won fairly comfortable in the end but even then they didn't go top until January as Petershill also got off to a storming start but faded towards the end.

All of Talbot's Junior Cup Final wins have been by a single goal apart from two.

Things are never as easy as people seem to think

37 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Correct. There is always a challenge. Its not always the same club but there is always a challenge.

5 of their West Premier titles came due to them winning their 22 and final league game. If they had lost they would not have  been champions. The other was won fairly comfortable in the end but even then they didn't go top until January as Petershill also got off to a storming start but faded towards the end.

All of Talbot's Junior Cup Final wins have been by a single goal apart from two.

Things are never as easy as people seem to think

Off top of my head Beith won it on last day. Glens krr went to a showdown last game or two.

Point being its a very competitor environment built up through decades and generations.

Something that stirs the blood and is more than football it's local pride community bragging rights. That same buzz just won't be the same for any club who goes into the lowland and league two at a push. 

Yes sure atfc beating elgin or bsc boys club or annan or civil service strollers will bring enjoyment but these junior fans won't feel that gut wrenching feeling before a game or buzz when winning as they would with the tradition junior rivals. 

Someone on here with no real grasp of that can preach from a keyboard or smart phone that this is nonsense but it really isn't not in the real world of these communities who's real being is fighting it out with similar communities that have a historical link. 

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Mainly because I didn't hear it season after season,that junior clubs were desperate to progress (maybe im wrong) and move on upwards. Now if clubs aren't happy with the new WOS, at least there's a pyramid / pathway ahead, hopefully !

Assumptions are very bad things.

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Assumptions are very bad things.

jimbaxter, common, the type fo person you are from reading your posts, sometimes I have different views, sometimes I concur 100%

but yeah, they are if you act on them and you are wrong

but then again they could be the total opposite and perfect if you act on the assumption and find out you were right

31 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

jimbaxter, common, the type fo person you are from reading your posts, sometimes I have different views, sometimes I concur 100%

but yeah, they are if you act on them and you are wrong

but then again they could be the total opposite and perfect if you act on the assumption and find out you were right

Or in other words, things will always be something?

The comment was on Mr. Groundhopper’s assumptions on...och never mind. You can read it if you’re bothered.

I fully concur with the last few posts, and it makes a nice change from folk wanting Talbot in the LL and maybe beyond so that their club might win something. The Super League has been genuinely competitive, and the instance of Beith Winning it two years back when we only needed one win from our last two games would have given us the title. The fact that Cumnock snatched it from us at the death made it all that much sweeter for everyone bar the Talbot fans. That's what makes football though, the passions and the intensity that we regularly get at that level.

That should not change in the short to immediate term because it's basically the same set up, and if things only change very gradually - which they will because of the promotion set up - I don't see big change coming any time soon.But let's not beat about the bush, the big thing about moving across is the potential to play in the senior Scottish Cup each season, and why not? Clashed like Hibs vs Medda and Bonnyrigg, Talbot at Hearts twice, and vs Ayr, are the things that generate the huge excitement and followings nowadays.

If clubs like Darvel are genuinely going to try to alter the apple cart it will make for a much more interesting season. It's something I'm genuinely looking forward to.

13 hours ago, traffordab said:

Off top of my head Beith won it on last day. Glens krr went to a showdown last game or two.

Point being its a very competitor environment built up through decades and generations.

Something that stirs the blood and is more than football it's local pride community bragging rights. That same buzz just won't be the same for any club who goes into the lowland and league two at a push. 

Yes sure atfc beating elgin or bsc boys club or annan or civil service strollers will bring enjoyment but these junior fans won't feel that gut wrenching feeling before a game or buzz when winning as they would with the tradition junior rivals. 

Someone on here with no real grasp of that can preach from a keyboard or smart phone that this is nonsense but it really isn't not in the real world of these communities who's real being is fighting it out with similar communities that have a historical link. 

Shakes head

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Or in other words, things will always be something?

The comment was on Mr. Groundhopper’s assumptions on...och never mind. You can read it if you’re bothered.

stop looking at it negatively, I didn't reply to you comment as a negative, I was putting a positive spin on it, that's all
We are all different in our views and that's fine. I read mr Groundhoppers assumption and understand his comments

There are people on here whom I disagree with and respect them for their views and the same of people whom I agree with

It's people who try and force their views on you from here who are wrong, whether pro junior or pro oyramid etc... casing point Traffordb above

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Shakes head

stop looking at it negatively, I didn't reply to you comment as a negative, I was putting a positive spin on it, that's all
We are all different in our views and that's fine. I read mr Groundhoppers assumption and understand his comments

There are people on here whom I disagree with and respect them for their views and the same of people whom I agree with

It's people who try and force their views on you from here who are wrong, whether pro junior or pro oyramid etc... casing point Traffordb above

In that case thanks very much for being so positive. 

colin farrell idk GIF

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

don't worry, I always will be 
Unless you or anyone else becomes blinkered and then I'll take action, Just waiting on my job interview by zoom to become P&B police

Or you could stop being so consumed by being here, log off and do something else?

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Or you could stop being so consumed by being here, log off and do something else?

Consumed lolol , now talk about assumptions that are way off lololol

Unfortunately you are fecked with that jimmyboy, with me logging off
Just deal with my viewpoint and I'll deal with yours and anyone's else.
I will never make an assumption of you, if I do, I usually guess right with my assumption

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 17:06, Andy groundhopper said:

I think yer doing a disservice but lumping in the Junior Associations with the Junior clubs. The SJFA, from the outside, seemed to be doing absolutely nothing to improve the game for junior clubs and, instead, attacked the problems within the pyramid. Reminded me of creationists who, instead of having any arguments to explain creationism instead focus on attacking "failings" of evolution. Clubs within the SJFA, however, are a different matter. Maybe they knew which way the wind was blowing but a large number seem to have been making efforts outwith the pitch and those clubs are/will be seeing the benefit of it now the pyramid is getting close to nationwide. Obviously some Junior clubs have been sleepwalking along doing as they always have done and being left behind as a result but that's hardly something that affects only the juniors. Whitehill Welfare, Brechin, Dundee, Clachnacuddin and Queen of the South could argue their clubs are doing the same.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think yer doing a disservice but lumping in the Junior Associations with the Junior clubs. The SJFA, from the outside, seemed to be doing absolutely nothing to improve the game for junior clubs and, instead, attacked the problems within the pyramid. Reminded me of creationists who, instead of having any arguments to explain creationism instead focus on attacking "failings" of evolution. Clubs within the SJFA, however, are a different matter. Maybe they knew which way the wind was blowing but a large number seem to have been making efforts outwith the pitch and those clubs are/will be seeing the benefit of it now the pyramid is getting close to nationwide. Obviously some Junior clubs have been sleepwalking along doing as they always have done and being left behind as a result but that's hardly something that affects only the juniors. Whitehill Welfare, Brechin, Dundee, Clachnacuddin and Queen of the South could argue their clubs are doing the same.

The SJFA is ultimately ruled by the clubs though. Clubs could force a different direction or force certain people out if they really wanted to.