Conference Call

14 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

When do clubs who are signing players at the moment as well start having to pay wages? If clubs are announcing signings just now I am assuming contracts have been signed and the contract has a start/end date.

How will clubs be able to pay wages with no income? 

This is something I wondered as well ?

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

If leagues do need to be finished in a short period it might also be advisable to nominate grounds with 3G pitches as backup in case games get called off. In the East for example, the likes of Blackburn should be able to host multiple games in a weekend/week in order to get fixtures played that would otherwise be called off.

I'm sure our U20's, youth and Ladies/girls teams would like to have a shot on the pitch first!

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'm sure our U20's, youth and Ladies/girls teams would like to have a shot on the pitch first!

Just start at 6am and have a game KO every 2 hours until midnight. ;) 

West Lothian Council own Almondvale Stadium but Livingston FC are in the Premiership.

And North Lanarkshire own Broadwood, but your missing my point, councils are not going to be in a financial position to put money into a facility. I was pointing out is it may be difficult for St Cadocs to find a facility in Newton Mearns.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

They played one midweek match in total from September onwards - that was the cup game against Arbroath.

Yes, that’s what I said. The total of 36 included July/August midweek matches though. 

34 matches from February will not be possible as there will be postponements. I hope I’m wrong because I want to see a season of some sort as much as anyone else does. Just think you’re all being too positive and wishfully thinking.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Come on let's try to be constructive!

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Agreed. Talbot should be in the Lowland League for 2020/21 anyway - subject to Floodlights and getting licenced before 21/22.

I was kidding on both points, pal. Are there any online forum courses you can go on to see how these things work?

41 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

And North Lanarkshire own Broadwood, but your missing my point, councils are not going to be in a financial position to put money into a facility. I was pointing out is it may be difficult for St Cadocs to find a facility in Newton Mearns.

St Cadocs not ground sharing with St Roch's ...... There is a possibility that the council could rent out a place and St Cadocs have it as there own and any upgrades need to make it viable St Cadocs need to pay for it .... I think this is what Caley braves done with their place which was a North Lanarkshire up until the start of this season 

Am guessing next season won't be the finished article, so let's plan ahead - all clubs have lights by year 2, then the possibility of midweek games should ease fixture problems. Are many clubs planning to improve their grounds after covid ? I know the pre-built stands and covers aren't cheap. As to the travel for clubs, 1 to 1 1/2 hrs isn't too bad a journey.

35 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Am guessing next season won't be the finished article, so let's plan ahead - all clubs have lights by year 2, then the possibility of midweek games should ease fixture problems. Are many clubs planning to improve their grounds after covid ? I know the pre-built stands and covers aren't cheap. As to the travel for clubs, 1 to 1 1/2 hrs isn't too bad a journey.

All clubs have lights by Year 2? Did I miss the news that they're all getting a grant? There are clubs who are living hand to mouth, especially now.

Honestly, you guys live there. Get a grip on reality.

40 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The clubs do not need lights by the end of year 2. They do not need lights at the end of year 10.

They only need lights if they intend applying for a Licence and wish to progress up the Leagues. So if after the first year yo find yourself in Tier 9 I can't see you being in any rush to get lights. There is nothing to stop them going for lights if they want access to the Scottish Cup. There is still all the other bureaucracy to go through as well.

5 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Thanks, the licensing thing throws me at times ! See that it's a clubs  choice rather than a League's necessity,Being a non LGE fan down south, our ground grading tends to be over strict and beyond what clubs really need.

I agree that it's overly strict in England. When I lived down south I went to a local non-league club who had to fork out a lot of money for floodlights which they hardly ever use due to their league not being so big. It's a club that doesn't attract more than 40 in attendance on average so it's put a massive burden on them.

Although you have to keep in mind that England has around 10 times the population of Scotland. Based on this season, 79 clubs play in the top 5 tiers, the only levels where floodlights are mandatory. Compared to population the 79th club in Scotland would be roughly the 790th in England. That would take you right down to step 6 (tier 10).

5 hours ago, Marten said:

I agree that it's overly strict in England. When I lived down south I went to a local non-league club who had to fork out a lot of money for floodlights which they hardly ever use due to their league not being so big. It's a club that doesn't attract more than 40 in attendance on average so it's put a massive burden on them.

Although you have to keep in mind that England has around 10 times the population of Scotland. Based on this season, 79 clubs play in the top 5 tiers, the only levels where floodlights are mandatory. Compared to population the 79th club in Scotland would be roughly the 790th in England. That would take you right down to step 6 (tier 10).

Although I would argue that Vale of Leithen (or Fort) who would be club 79 would probably put a cricket score on Dunkirk FC of the East Midlands Counties League.

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

Although I would argue that Vale of Leithen (or Fort) who would be club 79 would probably put a cricket score on Dunkirk FC of the East Midlands Counties League.

I very much doubt that. I've watched Dunkirk (vs Gelding MW) this (part) season just past and they've a pretty good set-up - fully enclosed ground, floodlights, social club. Similar to Renfrew in fact.

Playing - wise they're a decent team & I'd expect them to be able to compete at tier 6/7 up here so I'm sure they'd not be embarrassed by an ordinary tier 5 side.

4 hours ago, archieb said:

I very much doubt that. I've watched Dunkirk (vs Gelding MW) this (part) season just past and they've a pretty good set-up - fully enclosed ground, floodlights, social club. Similar to Renfrew in fact.

Playing - wise they're a decent team & I'd expect them to be able to compete at tier 6/7 up here so I'm sure they'd not be embarrassed by an ordinary tier 5 side.

I saw the highlights of this game. Gelding didn't have the balls for it.

6 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Having watched a number of games in the East Midlands Counties League (last place in England I lived was Derby), I'd agree with that.

12 hours ago, Marten said:

Floodlights possibly more necessary in Scotland due to weather constraints meaning more games are called off and shuffled into midweek would explain the floodlight issue being a bit stricter up here.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Floodlights possibly more necessary in Scotland due to weather constraints meaning more games are called off and shuffled into midweek would explain the floodlight issue being a bit stricter up here.

One of the reasons used for their introduction for 2019 was around Scottish Cup scheduling. Ability for midweek replays and Friday Night games on BBC Scotland.