Conference Call

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

North Caledonian League, a league a lot of folk on here have ripped the pish out of, said it doesn't deserve to be at tier 6 (where it looks like it will join) has over five hours travel for some away games.

South of Scotland League, a league of folk on here have ripped the pish out of, said it doesn't deserve to be at tier 6, has over two hours travel for a fair few teams.

These same folk are now in the huff because some clubs have to travel slightly over an hour once or twice a year. For one year only.

Similarly can be said about the North Region where you get things like Montrose to Nairn. Even in the pre-Juniors EoS in years gone by you had trips to the Borders and Annan/Dalbeattie/Gretna/Threave without much complaint.

In the West and East Region the complaints seem to be largely from fans. As well as the idea that things like the Sectional League Cup kept some clubs in business.

2 minutes ago, curzonmid said:

We are looking at no football till january in non league.

Where this leaves a nonsensical 20 league tier 6 is anyone's guess. 

Worst possible time for all this to start given we'll get half a season at best next season. 

Sad times

Where does it say no football to January ?

22 minutes ago, Derry said:

Where does it say no football to January ?

Rod Petrie stated this over the weekend on the radio. 

How do you expect football to return when social distance measures are still in place? 

Football is in denial. The only football you might see this year is professional behind closed doors.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Rod Petrie stated this over the weekend on the radio. 

How do you expect football to return when social distance measures are still in place? 

Football is in denial. The only football you might see this year is professional behind closed doors.

I beg to differ mate I think we could see football at lower levels well before that infact I will even go out on a limb here and say by September some time from what I have heard but time will tell lol

Edited by Derry

18 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

But, correct me if I’m wrong, the council own the facility. Don’t see where the money would come from to do any changes unless they are will to sell to St Cadocs?

West Lothian Council own Almondvale Stadium but Livingston FC are in the Premiership.

Guest Mr Happy
I beg to differ mate I think we could see football at lower levels well before that infact I will even go out on a limb here and say by September some time from what I have heard but time will tell lol

Optimistic at best. Can’t see it that soon, but hey! What do I know, in fact what does anybody know.

18 minutes ago, Mr Happy said:

Optimistic at best. Can’t see it that soon, but hey! What do I know, in fact what does anybody know.

Info I have 10 pages worth lol 

image.jpeg.361d4c5805be5d9877a210f4d5192215.jpeg

Edited by Derry

Guest Mr Happy
Info I have 10 pages worth lol 
image.jpeg.361d4c5805be5d9877a210f4d5192215.jpeg

Not exactly a table of stone, but if we manage to get started by then, yippee [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Derry said:

I would be inclined to listen to the guy who actually works for the SFA and has been in meetings with the Scottish Government. 

How could you cram 20 plus bodies into a changing room and abide by social distancing rules? 

How could clubs open up their social clubs whilst abiding by social distancing rules? 

If you have no facilities how do you play your games?

If you have a big chunk of your revenue gone (social clubs) then how are you honoring contracts?

I don't mean this to be cheeky but too many people are in complete denial when it comes to this. Thinking our football will be back in a couple of months goes against all noises coming out of the government statements and also any countries who are a bit further ahead than the UK when it comes to the CV outbreak who have outlined their long term plan for exiting. Even with countries who have detailed their plans for the next few months, none of them have any confirmation that social distancing will end. 

Grassroots football will be one of the last things to come back along with pubs/cinemas etc.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If it starts in January then play each other once.

Play each other once or half the amount of teams in each conference with the six winners playing off for three promotion spot. Plenty ways to work it depending on time scales.

I would be inclined to listen to the guy who actually works for the SFA and has been in meetings with the Scottish Government. 

How could you cram 20 plus bodies into a changing room and abide by social distancing rules? 

How could clubs open up their social clubs whilst abiding by social distancing rules? 

If you have a big chunk of your revenue gone (social clubs) then how are you honoring contracts?

I don't mean this to be cheeky but too many people are in complete denial when it comes to this. Thinking our football will be back in a couple of months goes against all noises coming out of the government statements and also any countries who are a bit further ahead than the UK when it comes to the CV outbreak who have outlined their long term plan for exiting. Even with countries who have detailed their plans for the next few months, none of them have any confirmation that social distancing will end. 

Grassroots football will be one of the last things to come back along with pubs/cinemas etc.

Australia now allows for gatherings of upto 10 people, and football is due to resume in August.

They are well ahead of us as far as control of the virus is concerned, but there will come a point in the UK where social distancing will be relaxed if people use the tracing app, as Australia does. September return? Maybe.

Grassroots may be better placed than the SPFL for a return. However, it's all guesswork at the moment.

26 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Yeah cause SFA are always right come back to me when it starts and we will see 

It's difficult as we are all still guessing at when we'll be restarted but as I said on another thread over the weekend the EOS are saying that even if the season doesn't start til Feb they are planning on fulfilling the 34 game Premier season by playing until June with games twice a week and cups scrapped. 

I would suggest the WOS attempt a similar approach. 

If the non SPFL grades start a month or two before them, they'd be swamped with fans desperate for a fix of football. A 500 limit is okay in theory, but what happens if four figure crowds turn up demanding to see a game, where the local infrastructure doesn't allow for strict control?

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

It's difficult as we are all still guessing at when we'll be restarted but as I said on another thread over the weekend the EOS are saying that even if the season doesn't start til Feb they are planning on fulfilling the 34 game Premier season by playing until June with games twice a week and cups scrapped. 

I would suggest the WOS attempt a similar approach. 

Twice a week in February? Are they smoking? People seem to forget what Winter and/or Spring is like in Scotland when the weather is nice out the window. Postponements are inevitable.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Twice a week in February? Are they smoking? People seem to forget what Winter and/or Spring is like in Scotland when the weather is nice out the window. Postponements are inevitable.

Tbh, February - June twice a week gives 42 dates, so there are 8 dates spare. Best is probably to schedule 2 games a week from early February until late May/start June with the possibility to extend until the end of June should it be needed.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I make it 43 available matchdays playing weekend-midweek from the start of February until the end of June. They could schedule games for February, and if they get postponed then there should still be time later in the year.