Conference Call

It is council owned, but if St Cadocs were able to put up a portion of the money to build then potentially it could be developed with a combination of lottery, sports Scotland and council dosh. That was what happened with Giffnock's ground at St Ninians where the club were expected to raise 25-30k (think they were the figures going about at the time). St Cadocs definitely have a fairly solid cash flow as is.

Obviously, a difference is that there was no playing field at that plot in St Ninians which meant it was considerably more expensive to clear a whole wooded area. In any case, I don't think Crookfur gets much use. I've refereed in the area for 5 years and that's basically the only park I've never been at.

Fair point but the council will have little to no money left at the end of the pandemic. Sportscotland will have a financial difficulties after this. Funded projects like this will be well down the list of priorities. Hopefully they find a solution but think it will be more difficult than before.

Shocker.

Made a right mess of those conferences.

What happened during the zoom call did someone hack in and jumble them all up. 

Maybe a club can take legal action to get a change to this mess.

Were these conferences based on the current tables or something, or trying to get fair divisions - even though they're starting from scratch. Hopefully travel times/distances came into the conversation at some point ? Guess it's just accepted now and get on with it ?  What's the longest distance anyone ?

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looks like some teams will be travelling up to ONE HOUR for some matches, absolute disgrace.

Bit more than that from Shotts to Girvan😉

46 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Ardrossan Winton Rovers completely shafted.

I love my days oot but this isn't great news for the club who have a policy of running buses to away games. I would have expected some more local games, but a local derby v Neilston or EKT isn't quite what I had in mind. 

Ardrossan Winton Rovers completely shafted.

Great chance for them to be challenging for tier 6 / Premiership for first time in years and should end up tier 7 if they have a decent season and will then likely potentially a few more local games. With Ardrossan most Ayrshire teams are top tier or bottom tier not many Ayrshire teams like them that are middle (Irvine Vic's / Whitletts / Girvan but that's a trek). Likes of Troon, Largs, Kilbirnie, Meadow the bigger teams near Ardrossan haven't been in their league for many years but very even conference. Could finish anywhere from 1st to 7th.

9 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Do you mean we should turn a blind eye to anti-semitism?

No! any sectarism should be quashed but this was an incident some 20 years ago uttered by one person at a Talbot game.  The way some on here have been clambering on their pityfull soapboxes would make you think we have a Hezbollah unit actively working from our ground. 

42 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Were these conferences based on the current tables or something, or trying to get fair divisions - even though they're starting from scratch. Hopefully travel times/distances came into the conversation at some point ? Guess it's just accepted now and get on with it ?  What's the longest distance anyone ?

Seeded presumbably based on the method used to declare West Region champions. So Shotts Bon Accord would have been the overall number one seed as 4th in the Championship and placed in Conference A. Serpentine order (A-B-C-C-B-A repeat)  from there down the divisions with Glasgow University, St Cadocs, and Drumchapel United randomly drawn to each Conference.