Conference Call

Two points in reply.

1. It hasn't yet been decided how many promotion places will be on offer from the conferences next season. (Although I agree it is likely to be one.) So that is still 3 promotion places next season.

2. Had the Premier teams been in the conferences, they would likely have hoovered up most of the 3 or 4 places on offer for the top league. So the way I see it, more clubs further down the leagues will now have genuine hopes of a promotion challenge next season. And, if they don't quite make it, they'll be in a tier 7 league the following season with (likely) 3 promotion places on offer.

I disagree. If it is the top team in each conference (which unless something is really changes it will be) then it’s not 3 places. It’s the group winner only so depending on seeding you could easily be at a disadvantage. I understand the reason for the top league but by using the previous standings it has disadvantaged the championship clubs. It is what it is but by making the decision regarding the top league consideration should have been given to maintaining the rest of the set up.

The pavilion and changing areas at Crookfur playing fields in Newton Mearns are currently being rebuilt. There are two grass parks there with plenty of space for the closest one to be developed into a 4G pitch if the money was found.

But, correct me if I’m wrong, the council own the facility. Don’t see where the money would come from to do any changes unless they are will to sell to St Cadocs?

If it was all in conferences to get into the top league would in theory require you to be one of the 16 best teams in the structure. With the theoretical 20 best teams removed you now only need to be the 21st best team to get in the top division (and possibly the 22nd and 23rd best team as well).
IMO its easier to get in the top league now for the "smaller" clubs

The standard is not that different between the bottom 4/5 in the top league and the top 5/6 in the championship so being on in the 16 best teams wouldn’t be to difficult for those clubs. Now it is one shot only.

Conferences to be announced this evening, all junior teams allocated to a conference based on their final placing that was calculated on PPG. Serpentine method used to allocate them, which would mean the attached picture is correct apart from the 3 new teams, who will be drawn into a conference in a live zoom meeting later.IMG-20200504-WA0002.jpg

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Conferences to be announced this evening, all junior teams allocated to a conference based on their final placing that was calculated on PPG. Serpentine method used to allocate them, which would mean the attached picture is correct apart from the 3 new teams, who will be drawn into a conference in a live zoom meeting later.IMG-20200504-WA0002.jpg

Just my opinion, but conference one looks the strongest. Don’t think anyone will be wanting St Cadocs in there section 

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

AWR looking a bit shafted.

Nearest away game is Neilston.

If the Serpentine system is to be used, then that's it - the conference's will be decided,end of argument ? If clubs aren't happy, play well and get promoted - if you were a mid table WOS club before covid19, why complain ? Last point,big changes for the (ex juniors)  ahead, how about the players, are they sticking around/jumping ship ? or waiting to see what's on offer ?

20 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

If the Serpentine system is to be used, then that's it - the conference's will be decided,end of argument ? If clubs aren't happy, play well and get promoted - if you were a mid table WOS club before covid19, why complain ? Last point,big changes for the (ex juniors)  ahead, how about the players, are they sticking around/jumping ship ? or waiting to see what's on offer ?

You mean mid table Junior club before covid19?

WoS teams have yet to play a game.

CONFERENCE A

1. ARTHURLIE
  2. BELLSHILL ATHLETIC
  3. CRAIGMARK BURNTONIANS
  4. FORTH WANDERERS
  5. GIRVAN
  6. GLASGOW UNIVERSITY
  7. IRVINE VICTORIA
  8. JOHNSTONE BURGH
  9. LESMAHAGOW JUNIORS
  10. LUGAR BOSWELL THISTLE
  11. MARYHILL
  12. MAYBOLE JUNIORS
  13. MUIRKIRK JUNIORS
  14. SALTCOATS VICTORIA
  15. SHOTTS BON ACCORD
  16. WHITLETTS VICTORIA

CONFERENCE B

1. ANNBANK UNITED
  2. ARDEER THISTLE
  3. ASHFIELD
  4. CAMBUSLANG RANGERS
  5. CARLUKE ROVERS
  6. DALRY THISTLE
  7. GARTCAIRN
  8. GREENOCK JUNIORS
  9. KELLO ROVERS
  10. NEWMAINS UNITED
  11. PORT GLASGOW JUNIORS
  12. RENFREW
  13. ROYAL ALBERT
  14. SHETTLESTON
  15. ST. CADOC’S
  16. THORNIEWOOD UNITED

CONFERENCE C

1. ARDROSSAN WINTON ROVERS
  2. DRUMCHAPEL UNITED
  3. EAST KILBRIDE THISTLE
  4. GLASGOW PERTHSHIRE
  5. KILSYTH RANGERS
  6. LANARK UNITED
  7. LARKHALL THISTLE
  8. NEILSTON JUNIORS
  9. PETERSHILL
  10. ST. ANTHONY’S
  11. ST. ROCH’S
  12. VALE OF CLYDE
  13. VALE OF LEVEN
  14. WISHAW JUNIORS
  15. YOKER ATHLETIC
Edited by FairWeatherFan

But, correct me if I’m wrong, the council own the facility. Don’t see where the money would come from to do any changes unless they are will to sell to St Cadocs?
It is council owned, but if St Cadocs were able to put up a portion of the money to build then potentially it could be developed with a combination of lottery, sports Scotland and council dosh. That was what happened with Giffnock's ground at St Ninians where the club were expected to raise 25-30k (think they were the figures going about at the time). St Cadocs definitely have a fairly solid cash flow as is.

Obviously, a difference is that there was no playing field at that plot in St Ninians which meant it was considerably more expensive to clear a whole wooded area. In any case, I don't think Crookfur gets much use. I've refereed in the area for 5 years and that's basically the only park I've never been at.

8 Ayrshire teams in Conference A, and just the 1 in Conference C. Strange how things work out.
We haven't had Ayrshire or Central teams for a couple of years, just West ones. Tough one for Ardrossan tbf, but Maryhill have a similar load of travelling in Conference A.