Conference Call

18 minutes ago, mcruic said:

A lot of the problem has been that there have been no "visuals".  So people are talking about hypothetical conferences and being put in them without knowing what that actually entails.  I've divvied up the teams based on last season's Points Per Game and put them into conferences using the serpentine system (to create leagues of equal strength).  At the top, I've presented what a 4-equal conferences model would look like, and at the bottom the currently proposed premier + 3 conferences below model.

At least if they were presented with something like this, clubs would be able to argue about how good or bad next season would be in either situation, and have a chance to look and see what types of club they'd be likely to face. 

In terms of "standards":
Level 1 Juniors: Much the same standard - perhaps slightly lower due to 4 extra teams
Level 2 Juniors: Lower standard (playing Level 3 and 4 teams)
Level 3 Juniors: Same standard - but with bigger variety in standard of opponents (Level 2 to Level 4).
Level 4 Juniors: Better standard (playing Level 2 and 3 teams)
Others: Better standard

So, I'd say if anyone had a gripe about the conferences, it might be the Level 2 (Championship) Juniors - but it's only for one season...

WOS.png

Sorry if I missed it but is it the WOSFLs intention of reducing the Premier top 16 or 18 in the next few seasons?

13 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What 'massive shift'?
Petrie said from the start not to bring conferences back to the SFA.
The LL ignored that and told the clubs that conferences will be accepted.
The LL denied that they would cherrypick, yet here we are.
The WRSJFA have been pilloried on various social media platforms with accusations of lying to the clubs, yet here we are.

Not true my freind.rod petrie did agree that if it had to be conference's it should be for one season.just like the e.o.s.run theirs at teir 6 as that was the model to be used.it was only last thursday at the professional game board meeting he indicated he and the s.f.a might have a change of view. It was at another meeting after that they pulled the plug.highlighting there was a ready made structure in place.he has always been against leagues being more than 16 but would agree to a bigger number to start with once it was pointed out the highland league run with 17.

Well first of all the WRSJFA have been pillared on various social media platforms with accusations of lying to clubs, yet here we are.  We actually this is FACT
West region clubs were told at the junior meeting that Option  Z was backed by Lowland League and SPFL, and the five committee  people of different junior clubs who all told me this went with Option Z because of what they were told by junior committee member that night.  That was infact a lie, clear as day lie. The following day I spoke to two people involved with the Lowland League and SPFL and they said Definitely not.  There was never any chance that Option Z was on the table and that was even before I contacted the people to confirm. it was just common sense

Out of all this one thing I will say, to my detriment, I never thought for one minute that we would not have enough graded refs for the tier 6
Please explain to me how the WRSJFA thought that lying about option Z would benefit them if they knew it was a lie from the outset. Why would they put it to the clubs if they knew that it couldn't possibly happen?
What could they gain?

23 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Not true my freind.rod petrie did agree that if it had to be conference's it should be for one season.just like the e.o.s.run theirs at teir 6 as that was the model to be used.it was only last thursday at the professional game board meeting he indicated he and the s.f.a might have a change of view. It was at another meeting after that they pulled the plug.highlighting there was a ready made structure in place.he has always been against leagues being more than 16 but would agree to a bigger number to start with once it was pointed out the highland league run with 17.

My thoughts!!! other parties have been deliberately been causing unnecessary problems.mainly to save the junior grade in some shape.if am right (which i think i am) then thats their choice.and if they dont wish to be part of the pyramid and thats their choice.but i will add this the lowland league have always been up front with everything they have left nothing out they were fully against cheery picking as thats everything against a pyramid.now that its been forced on them their just trying to do what they said lets get it over the line.

35 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

So you are a lowland league official. What team are you associated with has to be the ek chap. 

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

No my posts recently have been on this thread or passing comment on what I thought / think is a ridiculous decision to award Talbot title - something that most non-Talbot fans have agreed with.  Previously they have been on Clydebank thread or the What is the Future thread on Junior Forum. If the conversation is about Talbot then that's what the post is about. I dont stay awake at night getting obsessed about your club - that's your job.

I dont pretend to be a victim dont be stupid. I have stopped going to Beechwood as something happens everytime I go. Some incident ... some argument and I just cant be arsed with it anymore. Show me where I've used language like "scum" ... I'd not condone that even if you were all Tory voters ... probably. 

I've actually tried to mute you as you're about the most annoying but it's obviously not worked.

A simple question. If somebody was constantly bad mouthing the Bankies say if they were accused of something they didn't do, or were awarded a trophy that was nothing to do with them would you back your club up. Of course you would. So if you or any other in these forums bad mouth my club then I'm onto you like a dog eating beetroot. As for your dislike of visiting Beechwood I have been following the Juniors for 50 years and if I stopped going to grounds where something unsavoury has happened then I might as well sit in the house. Thats the magic of non-league football its the banter at the grounds, makes it more appealling. By the way you got a green dot from the clown that called us scum.

41 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Sorry if I missed it but is it the WOSFLs intention of reducing the Premier top 16 or 18 in the next few seasons?

would have been 16 this coming season but for to tier 6 conferences, Bonnyton coming in and no relegating current top flight teams (but wanting to promote the top three from below).

A lot of worst case scenarios has thrown up 20.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

A simple question. If somebody was constantly bad mouthing the Bankies say if they were accused of something they didn't do, or were awarded a trophy that was nothing to do with them would you back your club up. Of course you would. So if you or any other in these forums bad mouth my club then I'm onto you like a dog eating beetroot. As for your dislike of visiting Beechwood I have been following the Juniors for 50 years and if I stopped going to grounds where something unsavoury has happened then I might as well sit in the house. Thats the magic of non-league football its the banter at the grounds, makes it more appealling. By the way you got a green dot from the clown that called us scum.

A very nice middle aged Talbot man was chatting with myself and three current Lok committee members on our way back to car after game mid 00s. As we parted, he advised to not forget to 'turn the gas on' when we got home. More anti-semites at Beechwood than at a Labour council meeting! And none of us Jewish either but you have this fixation on Lok being a Jewish club. That kind of shit gives you a bad rep.

1 minute ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Do you know if they used the serpentine system for the EoSFL conferences when they were set up a few years ago? 

They used a simple ranking of 1/2/3 then 4/5/6 etc as I recall. Hawick and 1/2 (Bonnyrigg/Linlithgow) in East Super were the top seeds. Hawick's group were weaker than B and C. 

A very nice middle aged Talbot man was chatting with myself and three current Lok committee members on our way back to car after game mid 00s. As we parted, he advised to not forget to 'turn the gas on' when we got home. More anti-semites at Beechwood than at a Labour council meeting! And none of us Jewish either but you have this fixation on Lok being a Jewish club. That kind of shit gives you a bad rep.

Why would having jewish fans be seen as a bad thing?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why would having jewish fans be seen as a bad thing?

Well from the perspective of some unpleasant ATFC fans, it gives them the chance to air anti semitic views and seems to stem from our proximity to Giffnock - if He understands irony, God help St Cadoc's if they go to Beechwood! People of all faiths are welcome at Newlandsfield.

Edited by cmontheloknow

15 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I'm responsible for myself.  

Well from the perspective of some unpleasant ATFC fans, it gives them the chance to air anti semitic views and seems to stem from our prxomity to Giffnock - if He understands irony, God help St Cadoc's if they go to Beechwood! People of all faiths are welcome at Newlandsfield.

Fair enough, know quite a few folks in the jewish community in giffnock, nice people and a lot of football fanatics in it! Lok would do well to get some along.
I hope racism etc is something that gets taken more seriously in the new set up.
St Cadocs seems to be a very interesting set up, shades of bsc about it, i hope they can tap into the east ren fanbase and get folks along, they seem very ambitious, wonder if itll be a new rivalry for the Lok.

1 hour ago, honestman54 said:

I imagine 16 will be the target number. As you say, it can be done gradually over the next couple of seasons rather than relegating a horde of clubs at the end of next season, whenever that starts.

Edited by Cyclizine

19 minutes ago, caliy said:

So you are a lowland league official. What team are you associated with has to be the ek chap. 

No!!! its just our board send us breif updates of everything thats going on were our league is represented.it was the members who voted against all options that were on the table especially option Z in particular.they also voted to a club to try and start a wosl.

Nothing to do with a conference call but i was at a clydebank game end of last year and witnessed a shocking incident where a clydebank fan punched a rival supporter outside the ground in the kidneys from behind and for him to scurry off and instead of his friend pulling him up for this act he said he should of saved it for a talbot fan  later in the season. Heard it with my own ears saw it with my own eyes. 

I've been to newlandsfield  another bigger junior club where I've witnessed many a poisonous atmosphere the pollok forum even had a pollok fan receive death threats from within .

Point being on club is immune from scum behaviour nobody can take the high ground. 

19 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They used a simple ranking of 1/2/3 then 4/5/6 etc as I recall. Hawick and 1/2 (Bonnyrigg/Linlithgow) in East Super were the top seeds. Hawick's group were weaker than B and C. 

Cheers for that, I'd think if they didn't use the serpentine system then, I don't see them using it now unless something makes them change their minds. 

7 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Cheers for that, I'd think if they didn't use the serpentine system then, I don't see them using it now unless something makes them change their minds. 

You can see here how it went with the East Super (those that entered).

image.thumb.png.56c9761e3e2895de420aa3333f277950.png

Edited by cmontheloknow