Conference Call

15 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

There’s suggestion  that there won’t be ANY promotion (just relegation) in the 1st season? This could be easily cleared up in an official statement but like everything else it’s open to interpretation. It’s a joke to be honest! 

Thats you suggestion.if the west winner is liecenced they will go to the promtion play off.if you or your club didn't wish to be part of the new league you should not have applied.there are things that can't be controlled as other parties are also at work.best to give it a go for now and if its not to you're liking you can always pull out at the end of the season.all this is fact.

Edited by Lowland team

Rod petrie's making himself popular this week. And here's some more Petrie thoughts to pish on yer chips.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52513689

"..why we've set up the Joint Response Group and the sub-groups. We've tasked them to look at areas like medical - how do you open a training centre, how do you create a bio-secure environment for players and physios, chefs and cleaners when there's still social distancing? How do you that? If you look at the football pyramid - when is grassroots football going to be up and running?

The SFA has a responsibility for that, too. You look at the lack of resource they have. The initial discussions with the grassroots is that, 'Well, we can't see ourselves playing football until all restrictions are lifted by government'. There may be no football at grassroots level until the pandemic is over."
"That could be 2021. It could be more than that. Parts of football need to be prepared for the fact that there is no quick fix, that the cost of implementing the protection that's needed before the pandemic is over might be too expensive."
"If you start at the bottom of the pyramid and say there will be no football until the pandemic is over then you start to move into the lower reaches of the leagues. What are the resources of League One and Two? A big part of what they rely on is gate receipts.

The stadiums of some of these clubs are now on a care and maintenance basis. They've closed their stadiums, furloughed their players and have minimised their outgoings. The worst thing for those clubs would be to give false hope about playing games, so they reopen everything, incur more costs and then maybe have to shut it all down again. It's probably easier as you move up the pyramid. "

3 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Thats you suggestion.if the west winner is liecenced they will go to the promtion play off.if you or your club didn't wish to be part of the new league you should not have applied.there are things that can't be controlled as other parties are also at work.best to give it a go for now and if its not to you're liking you can always pull out at the end of the season.all this is fact.

I was referring to promotion and relegation from the conferences into the premier? This is the main issue at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, eamonn said:

Easy to fix this mess split the teams into an east and west section of ten teams each . winners of each section have a play off for the championship. two teams from each section get relegated so next season there's a sixteen team league !! easy or what😁

You need to relegate three more than that to be able to promote the three conference champions from tier 7 and reach sixteen the following season.

There’s suggestion  that there won’t be ANY promotion (just relegation) in the 1st season? This could be easily cleared up in an official statement but like everything else it’s open to interpretation. It’s a joke to be honest! 
What part of "There will be promotion and relegation across the league at the end of season 1" suggests that there won't be any promotion in the 1st season ?

Honestly, just read the statement and stop making things up.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

What part of "There will be promotion and relegation across the league at the end of season 1" suggests that there won't be any promotion in the 1st season ?

Honestly, just read the statement and stop making things up.

This is what the statement said:

“There will be promotion and relegation across the league at the end of season 1. The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture of what the playing season looks like, given all the current uncertainties. “

Will all the conference winners be promoted automatically?

Will the premier winners be promoted? 

How many will be relegated? 

Will the premier be a 20 team league for 1 season only? 

if it’s as straightforward as you’re making out Glensmad why does is not state this? 

7 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

This is what the statement said:

“There will be promotion and relegation across the league at the end of season 1. The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture of what the playing season looks like, given all the current uncertainties. “

Will all the conference winners be promoted automatically?

Will the premier winners be promoted? 

How many will be relegated? 

Will the premier be a 20 team league for 1 season only? 

if it’s as straightforward as you’re making out Glensmad why does is not state this? 

When will football resume?  once you answer that, then the WoSFL will clarify promotion and relegation.  Read the bleeding statement.

1 hour ago, juniorjunior said:

The proposal said there would be promotion and relegation but stopped short of saying what format or how that may look ? It also suggested that this was subject to change at any point. I don’t think they could've made a bigger hash of this if they tried! Completely incompetent and a total farce  

Spot on buddy.

Some Junior officials have been right panned on here for terrible way they have handled certain issues.

Now after less than a couple of weeks the Scottish football association and lowland league have somehow managed to at least match them and lose most of the trust they might of had to do things properly.

Grim stuff. ☹️

16 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

They'd no option without ending up with legal action.

you serious
Please dont take offence but I've never heard such pish in all my life and I've heard some right pish on P&B in the past few years, legal action, did the Bonnyton chairman message you to say "hey Tutankhamen, I told the LL that if they didn't put us in tier 6 we're taking them to court"  lolololol, you reading that back.
Well I think they are in teir 6 because I know the lowland league committee have been brainwashed by aliens and were told to make sure Bonnyton are in the top tier, furthermore, they mist get the same ref every game and given a four goals of a start

do you know how associations and leagues work.

Bonnyton are the only team out of the 67 teams who are put in the correct tier.
The other 66 teams are new teams to an association that Bonnyton already exist
They have moved from tier 6 SOS to tier 6 WOS.
Do any of us think they will stay there or win tier 6, I don't think anyone does but they are there in the correct tier under the current circumstances.

For the people who have no idea how it works, moving to a new Association, you have no power to ask for anything, that's how it works.
The LL, EOS and SOS can work out any system they want, any structure they want except told they cannot have four conferences at tier 6 by the SFA.
The LL, EOS and SOS are then given power to all the existing clubs to vote for who they want to run their leagues.
I would expect the LL, EOS and SOS will provide help to the new committee men so that they can run it seamlessly and in accordance with the rules and regulations set out but all members of the associations and any other appropriate rules and regulations by the SFA etc...

What I will say about Bonnyton, if I wa son the committee id make sure I asked the question before we left the SOS for the new WOS. Id ask "will we be in tier 6 of the new WOS because we are in tier 6 of the SOS"

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

When will football resume?  once you answer that, then the WoSFL will clarify promotion and relegation.  Read the bleeding statement.

So how are clubs supposed to recruit and prepare if they don’t know what league they will be in or how long it could potentially be until they are in their desired league ? Have all the details of the league structure out so clubs can prepare...... THEN if there’s a delay or more safety issues due to the virus, the clubs can revisit and come up with a solution. 

Clubs /players must be left In limbo with all the uncertainty at the moment ? 

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

you serious
Please dont take offence but I've never heard such pish in all my life and I've heard some right pish on P&B in the past few years, legal action, did the Bonnyton chairman message you to say "hey Tutankhamen, I told the LL that if they didn't put us in tier 6 we're taking them to court"  lolololol, you reading that back.
Well I think they are in teir 6 because I know the lowland league committee have been brainwashed by aliens and were told to make sure Bonnyton are in the top tier, furthermore, they mist get the same ref every game and given a four goals of a start

do you know how associations and leagues work.

Bonnyton are the only team out of the 67 teams who are put in the correct tier.
The other 66 teams are new teams to an association that Bonnyton already exist
They have moved from tier 6 SOS to tier 6 WOS.
Do any of us think they will stay there or win tier 6, I don't think anyone does but they are there in the correct tier under the current circumstances.

For the people who have no idea how it works, moving to a new Association, you have no power to ask for anything, that's how it works.
The LL, EOS and SOS can work out any system they want, any structure they want except told they cannot have four conferences at tier 6 by the SFA.

What I will say about Bonnyton, if I wa son the committee id make sure I asked the question before we left the SOS for the new WOS. Id ask "will we be in tier 6 of the new WOS because we are in tier 6 of the SOS"

Let's face it bonnyton are canon fodder and would be in bottom junior league they are doing nothing wrong just opportunist who have ceased the moment. Feel sorry for the youth team won't be any fun at all what's to come. 

7 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

So how are clubs supposed to recruit and prepare if they don’t know what league they will be in or how long it could potentially be until they are in their desired league ? Have all the details of the league structure out so clubs can prepare...... THEN if there’s a delay or more safety issues due to the virus, the clubs can revisit and come up with a solution. 

Clubs /players must be left In limbo with all the uncertainty at the moment ? 

Tell that to the virus.  

The WoS structure is already in place and there will be pro/rel so there isn't any uncertainty, but the structure might need to change given todays interview from Rod Petrie saying that clubs at our level might not be able to play again until the pandemic is over.  The only way the pandemic will be over is when there is a vaccine.  There won't be a vaccine for between 12-18 months.  We won't play again this year, that is what clubs should be preparing for.

So chill out, it's going to be a long haul.

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, caliy said:

Let's face it bonnyton are canon fodder and would be in bottom junior league they are doing nothing wrong just opportunist who have ceased the moment. Feel sorry for the youth team won't be any fun at all what's to come. 

I agree 100% that I don't expect them to be in the top division of the WOS and will find their level, that we can agree on. Bonnyton may surprise us but I doubt it very much but they  were in the SOS tier 6 and they have moved over to the new WOS tier 6

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Tell that to the virus.  

The WoS structure is already in place and there will be pro/rel so there isn't any uncertainty, but the structure might need to change given todays interview from Rod Petrie saying that clubs at our level might not be able to play again until the pandemic is over.  The only way the pandemic will be over is when they is a vaccine.  There won't be a vaccine for between 12-18 months.  We won't play again this year, that is what clubs should be preparing for.

So chill out, it's going to be a long haul.

The structure is already in place? I must’ve missed that statement?

So how many teams get relegated in year 1?

Do the 3 conference winners get automatically promoted? 

Do the winners of the premier get automatically promoted to the LL or is there a playoff ? 

Just now, juniorjunior said:

The structure is already in place? I must’ve missed that statement?

So how many teams get relegated in year 1?

Do the 3 conference winners get automatically promoted? 

Do the winners of the premier get automatically promoted to the LL or is there a playoff ? 

Oh FFS.........