Conference Call

35 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

sorry if someone has asked this question before , but why would Bonnyton be right in to the top league before any other junior teams seen as they never came from this grade ?
apologies if this is a daft question, i might be missing something here ?

Wether we agree with it or not, Bonnyton are currently playing at a higher level than Kilsyth and all junior clubs,  so cant be seen to demote them 

8 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:
18 minutes ago, Ginaro said:
Plenty of related articles to read on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_league_system

ah ok , i didn't know anything about them , i didnt recognize them as a junior team that's all , makes some sense now , thanks .

Yeah bottom line is they are already in the pyramid at tier 6 and are transferring across to a more geographically appropriate league. Had the WR SJFA remained intact going into the pyramid, they were prepared to have them in the West premiership too. That was said publically.

14 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
23 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:
Whatever you say chief. I stopped going to Beechwood after a particularly annoying episode so some judicial muting on here might be just the ticket

Was that the time we beat yous convincingly

Look ... I should absolutely point out that I'm sincere about my respect for Talbot's on ( and many off ) the park achievements. My occasional antipathy isnt a childish reaction to getting beat. I've seen Bankies beat virtually every team that was around when we were a Senior team and I think we've beaten every team we've played in West Region. We've also lost to most. With football you need to take the rough with the smooth. 

The 3 games I've felt most bitterly disappointed after as a Bankies fan in the Juniors were 3 games at Holm Park; Lanark in promotion play-off; Largs in 2010 semi 2nd leg; Ashfield in title decider ( not quite as they had to win another few games and were deserved and worthy champs ). After each game, I've handed in a cpl of boxes of beers to the away dressing room and sincerely congratulated the victors before going away to a quiet place to nurse my disappointment. How you react to winning and losing is important. How you treat others is important.

Take on board your points and their are some nuggets amongst the Talbot support but Clydebank have some arseholes amongst their supporters as well.
Especially the group that stand on the main road side. Their bitterness and vitriolic abuse is worse than anything I've heard Talbot supporters giving. Especially the 2 who were caught on camera at Lochburn last season one of whom I'm led to believe is a committee man.

Truthfully Andy ... I respect Talbot's achievements very very much. I think they are a force of nature and beating them ( or giving them a good game even ) is something that you feel like celebrating the more because you've normally hard to work very hard at it. It's only happened 3 times since the Cup final.
I think ( however ) the most annoying posters on here are Talbot posters. Not all of them but a significant number. 
That said ... I've had some unpleasant real-life experiences involving Talbot ... the 1 nil win in 2010 was achieved with buses being bricked and scuffles;  every trip to Beechwood and indeed from visiting fans to Maryhill last season was accompanied by drivel about homelessness - which was always said to get a reaction and it did; an incident of alleged racist abuse towards Joel Kasubandi that was imo not taken seriously.  There's other stuff that I experienced in a former capacity that has also coloured my judgement but that will remain with me. In a competitive sense I obviously dont want Talbot to have that much success that they are so far ahead of what resources we can bring to bear - but that's not Talbot's fault. 
A lot of what I say above can be attributed to many clubs fans including mine - but my "antipathy" ( mosttimes it's a bit of banter tbh ) is mainly due to a sense of entitlement and a lack of grace as winners that is often demonstrated. Not by players and management ( Tucker's a legend ) but by those online. It's so wearying. 

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Take on board your points and their are some nuggets amongst the Talbot support but Clydebank have some arseholes amongst their supporters as well.
Especially the group that stand on the main road side. Their bitterness and vitriolic abuse is worse than anything I've heard Talbot supporters giving. Especially the 2 who were caught on camera at Lochburn last season one of whom I'm led to believe is a committee man.

I think I conceded that Andy ... although I'm unaware of what the camera caught. They probably didn't capture the idiots behind the goal - along from me- who were spouting a stream of drivel about "gypos" and homelessness. ALL of this stuff drives me nuts. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

21 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Wether we agree with it or not, Bonnyton are currently playing at a higher level than Kilsyth and all junior clubs,  so cant be seen to demote them 

Yea ur correct mate but if I was them I would have dropped down a tier as the league they will be in next season isn’t their level , they will get some hammerings and I think the leagues below the premiership would be better for them as far as them Being competitive  , but saying that good luck to them 

25 minutes ago, archieb said:

Why not? As long as that possibility is clear from the start of the season nobody would have any reason to complain.

In fact though it could be 8 teams relegated from WoSFL Premier if there's a West based team relegated from the Lowland League at the end of Season#1!

It should all depend on what system is agreed by the clubs.

I genuinely think clubs would accept the proposed format as long as The 3 promotion winners from the conferences would gain automatic promotion? However this isn’t what’s on the table? Until this is sorted we’ll be going around the houses. 

5 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

I genuinely think clubs would accept the proposed format as long as The 3 promotion winners from the conferences would gain automatic promotion? However this isn’t what’s on the table? Until this is sorted we’ll be going around the houses. 

That's what I would expect. What different scenario do you think is proposed?

Probably, but that would take the league to 17 teams. If Kelty are promoted to the SPFL then that would be back down to the normal 16. Either way, there won't be a space for Talbot, and nor should there be.

Talbot have not asked for a space in the Lowland League.

Just now, southerner said:

Talbot have not asked for a space in the Lowland League.

I didn't say they had - I was replying to the other posters who had suggested that they could fill a (non-existent) vacancy.

5 minutes ago, archieb said:

Why not? As long as that possibility is clear from the start of the season nobody would have any reason to complain.

In fact though it could be 8 teams relegated from WoSFL Premier if there's a West based team relegated from the Lowland League at the end of Season#1!

It should all depend on what system is agreed by the clubs.

Think that would be a bit unlikely unless Dalbeattie or Gretna get assigned the WOSFL as their league instead of the SOSFL, and it assumes no one gets promoted in season 1.

The other option to get back to a 16 team Premier without relegating 7 teams, would be to relegate 4 but have play-offs where 14/15/16 each play one of the Conference winners for a place in the Premier.

Over on Shotts twitter, they seem to be asking for promotion and relegation in all divisions, despite the fact that it wouldn't matter as the lower divisions would be in conferences... :huh:

Fair dos but when Inanimate Carbon Rod makes up allegations without evidence that drives me and most Talbot supporters nuts.

I think I conceded that Andy ... although I'm unaware of what the camera caught. They probably didn't capture the idiots behind the goal - along from me- who were spouting a stream of drivel about "gypos" and homelessness. ALL of this stuff drives me nuts. 

They surely don't have to go back to a 16 team league in one season. Would make more sense to go down to 18 next year (3 up 5 down) then 16 the following year (2 up 4 down, or 1 up, 3 down + a play-off).

Chances are they could lose a team to the LL without gaining one anyway, so they could have one fewer relegation spot than expected.

I dont understand the loss of money issue.  Wouldnt these lower division clubs be in the same position had the Junior league remained or indeed if the Juniors had been allowed to bring their four divisions across as they were. A lower level team would have still been a lower level in any of these scenarious.

That’s exactly my point. I get the feeling clubs are upset that what they signed up for is not what is happening.

24 minutes ago, archieb said:

That's what I would expect. What different scenario do you think is proposed?

The proposal said there would be promotion and relegation but stopped short of saying what format or how that may look ? It also suggested that this was subject to change at any point. I don’t think they could've made a bigger hash of this if they tried! Completely incompetent and a total farce  

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Think that would be a bit unlikely unless Dalbeattie or Gretna get assigned the WOSFL as their league instead of the SOSFL, and it assumes no one gets promoted in season 1.

The other option to get back to a 16 team Premier without relegating 7 teams, would be to relegate 4 but have play-offs where 14/15/16 each play one of the Conference winners for a place in the Premier.

Over on Shotts twitter, they seem to be asking for promotion and relegation in all divisions, despite the fact that it wouldn't matter as the lower divisions would be in conferences... :huh:

Are you serious with that suggestion? Why on earth should a conference winner not get automatic promotion?

Easy to fix this mess split the teams into an east and west section of ten teams each . winners of each section have a play off for the championship. two teams from each section get relegated so next season there's a sixteen team league !! easy or what😁

1 minute ago, Monalie said:

Are you serious with that suggestion? Why on earth should a conference winner not get automatic promotion?

There’s suggestion  that there won’t be ANY promotion (just relegation) in the 1st season? This could be easily cleared up in an official statement but like everything else it’s open to interpretation. It’s a joke to be honest! 

1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

They'd no option without ending up with legal action.

2 minutes ago, Monalie said:

My suggestion was in reply to the discussion about whether 7 or even 8 teams would be relegated at the end of 2020-21 (someone said it'll never happen).

You could argue the conferences winners will have benefited from playing in a slightly weaker division, since if it had been a normal season then Troon, Rutherglen and Rob Roy would've been in there competing to get into the top division.

18 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

The proposal said there would be promotion and relegation but stopped short of saying what format or how that may look ? It also suggested that this was subject to change at any point. I don’t think they could've made a bigger hash of this if they tried! Completely incompetent and a total farce  

Nothing has been said about the number of games to be played either, because no one knows when football is going to restart. They could say one thing but if the league doesn't restart in August there will need to be changes made.