Conference Call

Do the people in charge of this whole shambles think they are playing a computer game or something [emoji1]
20 team top league next season when it probably won't start till September or October.
Horrific decision by the sfa and lowland if somehow it came about. 
Cancel one of the cups maybe league cup

while reading  the rantings of the keyboard warriors has been quite amusing and passed some time in these unusual times I think people should calm down and realise that all the shouting  in the world wont change the thinking of the SFA or any other body . the real problem is not the make-up of the leagues but that the prospect of any football at all before new year is very unlikely so  leagues of  20,17.14 or anything else is irrelevant

8 minutes ago, Dev said:

Would Talbot accept promotion now to Tier 5 if it was available i.e. subject to the proviso that the floodlights were up in time for next season (whenever that starts))? ...

There's no way they could get licensed in time so zero chance of it happening.

3 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
27 minutes ago, holstein said:
Do the people in charge of this whole shambles think they are playing a computer game or something emoji1.png
20 team top league next season when it probably won't start till September or October.
Horrific decision by the sfa and lowland if somehow it came about. 

Cancel one of the cups maybe league cup

Binning league cup participation was what was being mentioned on here by people who claimed to know what happened in the conference call. Given at least six fixture dates are needed for that with 67 teams on board it's no worse from a fixtures standpoint than having 17 teams with a league cup.

There is a real chance of all cups (bar the Scottish Cup) being cancelled this coming season, especially if we don't have any games until later in the year. Worst case scenario would be to cut the fixture list in half, use it as a "get places set" campaign and hit the ground running in 2021/22.

No point worrying about how fixtures will be crammed in until we get certainty from government etc.

4 minutes ago, holstein said:

Absolute carcrash. 

While others are in fantasy land let me bring back the central and ayrshire leagues they'd be ideal in these pandemic times smaller leagues local games suits everyone. 

Why not just go the whole hog and have an East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire and South Ayrshire set-up? Maybe get Jackie Scarlett to sponsor one or all?

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Bring back the nokia 3310 n sega mega drives aswell and we can totally go back in time.

Mon the big time papers

yes i agree with you it should happen  as God WILLS IT

1 hour ago, holstein said:

Absolute carcrash. 

While others are in fantasy land let me bring back the central and ayrshire leagues they'd be ideal in these pandemic times smaller leagues local games suits everyone. 

Might as well go the whole hog and bring back the old Lanarkshire League 

1 hour ago, holstein said:

Absolute carcrash. 

some common sense at last !

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Increasingly looking like the 20 team Premier is a go-er. 47 teams left in Tier 7, three conferences of 15/16 teams each.

Has there been any kind of vote from the clubs on it, just not aware of us having received anything?

2 hours ago, holstein said:

Only the sfa and the lowland league stoogies could take a poor decision and make it even worse! 

Absolute shitshow 

And yet 63 GRADE TRAITORS signed up for it, deserting the "grade" for the unknown.

Says a lot about the absolute shitshow clusterfuck of an organisation they all couldn't wait to ditch.

Just now, Stants1902 said:

Has there been any kind of vote from the clubs on it, just not aware of us having received anything?

I don't think there can be any vote until they know which clubs will definitely be taking part after having paid their League fees. Someone threw a spanner in the works by saying he was going to recommend his club asks for their fee back and they were going to revive the West Region. Also encouraging other clubs to do the same. So they'd need to know how many clubs were going to follow his advice before any vote could take place.

Just now, theesel1994 said:

I don't think there can be any vote until they know which clubs will definitely be taking part after having paid their League fees. Someone threw a spanner in the works by saying he was going to recommend his club asks for their fee back and they were going to revive the West Region. Also encouraging other clubs to do the same. So they'd need to know how many clubs were going to follow his advice before any vote could take place.

Your clearly referring to us, We are paid members and have not withdrawn, surely if its a members led league, then they should have some say on a proposal that came from the meetings all the clubs were at?

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

no chance

8 minutes ago, Stants1902 said:

Your clearly referring to us, We are paid members and have not withdrawn, surely if its a members led league, then they should have some say on a proposal that came from the meetings all the clubs were at?

All the gossip right now about format is just being guided by what's happened since Monday, the Conference call feedback and members suggestions. There's nothing to vote on yet, and until there's a vote nothing's decided.

51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

All the gossip right now about format is just being guided by what's happened since Monday, the Conference call feedback and members suggestions. There's nothing to vote on yet, and until there's a vote nothing's decided.

This.

The understanding that I have is that nothing can be "forced through", member clubs will have their say regardless of the proposed structure(s) brought forward.

3 hours ago, eamonn said:

yes i agree with you it should happen  as God WILLS IT

I haven't been in Kilbirnie since 1983, so can't remember it too well. I'm guessing there's at least one bridge in the town though.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Have to agree with this. Looks like it's going to be 20 team league just so an awkward decision about relegation can be avoided. Absolute folly.

Agree 20 clubs is a bad idea, far too many games to fit in and imagine how many of them will be mid table meaningless games once you get to about the midway point 

The whole conspiracy theory about Pollok and Talbot instigating all this does now seem to have gone rather quiet. Perhaps the originators, who had loads of evidence, can now update us please?

3 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Agree 20 clubs is a bad idea, far too many games to fit in and imagine how many of them will be mid table meaningless games once you get to about the midway point 

Maybe won't be as many midtable games as you think if 7 are getting relegated.