Conference Call

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

No wonder so many ignore this former top forum .Another interesting thread went to the dogs.

It went to the dogs when two clubs were dragged through the mud due to hearsay. However does anybody know what the set up is for next season?

Lets all start again eh ? go back to the Ayrshire region the Central region and say bye bye to big time Bankies and the made up teams with fantasy football dreams .bringing back the regions will again give more value to the west of Scotland  and the Scottish cup again . As for leadership go to the meetings and vote in people of value and integrity then let them get on with running the game .

19 hours ago, Ginaro said:

This is the problem for those without spreadsheets - they spout shite like this when they don't have the numbers in front of them! ;)

Linlithgow's league crowds were actually the same as last season - 358 v 359 but with a Bo'ness home game still to come. Even a Tuesday night cup game against Whitehill rearranged at a few days notice had a crowd of 175.

The EOS Premier Division average was 223 with big games to come, last season those same teams got an average of 174 in the conferences.

so despite what we observe  with our own eyes it must be incorrect because some onanistic anorak wearing stato  with a sheet of paper says so ..oh well  damn going to games and sad as it is counting the crowd.....just for comparison reasons you understand , just to see how the bright new way forward  is panning out ....and for further elucidation we attend games with hee haw to do with us and our league and level in some silly old fashioned idea of supporting Scottish non league football and lastly in our opinion  and experience the bright new world isn't as bright and shiny and successful as claimed but it is the way forward..maybe the numerous games we picked to attend were just on bad nights eh ! 

Edited by Village elder

12 minutes ago, Village elder said:

so despite what we observe  with our own eyes it must be incorrect because some onanistic anorak wearing stato  with a sheet of paper says so ..oh well  damn going to games and sad as it is counting the crowd.....just for comparison reasons you understand , just to see how the bright new way forward  is panning ....and for further elucidation we attend games with hee haw to do with us and our league and level in some silly old fashioned idea of supporting Scottish non league football and lastly in our opinion  and experience the bright new world isn't as bright and shiny and successful as claimed but it is the way forward..maybe the numerous games we picked to attend were just on bad nights eh !

As Cumbernauld United fan, are you going to many EoS games to have any say in how they're doing attendance wise?

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As Cumbernauld United fan, are you going to many EoS games to have any say in how they're doing attendance wise?

we always take in games whenever possible if our games are off and as many games luckily for us have  also been midweek.As change has been coming  to the West for some time we actually enjoy speaking with people from the games we attend for their views on how things have changed....oh and how dare we but we try and assess and speculate, in our opinion only ,how United might compare.....and we have had the opportunity to see slightly more games because we exited both major cups early on.....perhaps not scientific ....we were impressed by the turn out for the Broxburn and I think it was Crossgates game played at Boness a cracking crowd all things considered and a cracking game too .I also passed comment on the crowd at Linlithgow v Newtongrange game and the few Linlithgow fans we spoke to about decreasing crowds..... 

Edited by Village elder

54 minutes ago, Village elder said:

just for comparison reasons you understand ,

At first was clear when it was a guestimate figure was used at different club - however noticed that slipped. As any good stat person knows, if one things out, its all out.  Not suggesting its all way off but its not something id use for any comparison, safe to say all of scottish football is struggling as prices go up and fans are further removed from the big decisions. 

22 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

At first was clear when it was a guestimate figure was used at different club - however noticed that slipped. As any good stat person knows, if one things out, its all out.  Not suggesting its all way off but its not something id use for any comparison, safe to say all of scottish football is struggling as prices go up and fans are further removed from the big decisions. 

I agree with you entirely........I suppose the point I am struggling to make is that things are changing but there is no significant positive improvement in the product or packaging......and as far as the decision making goes I gave up a season ticket at a premier league club for that very reason .......but 8 years down the line I still don't think they've noticed

Lets all start again eh ? go back to the Ayrshire region the Central region and say bye bye to big time Bankies and the made up teams with fantasy football dreams .bringing back the regions will again give more value to the west of Scotland  and the Scottish cup again . As for leadership go to the meetings and vote in people of value and integrity then let them get on with running the game .

Lets.

2 hours ago, eamonn said:

Was it not your man who ‘encouraged’ all teams to join the WoSFL? And where is there integrity in denying new teams membership of the league?

Bring back the nokia 3310 n sega mega drives aswell and we can totally go back in time.

Mon the big time papers

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

I agree with you entirely........I suppose the point I am struggling to make is that things are changing but there is no significant positive improvement in the product or packaging......and as far as the decision making goes I gave up a season ticket at a premier league club for that very reason .......but 8 years down the line I still don't think they've noticed

Thats largely the reason i found junior football, prices were soaring, chairman didn't a damn what they fans thought and my absence was not noticed either. I know what i liked about junior football and okay it wasn't perfect but felt it was on the right track. Product wise was hoping an inclusion of some new keen folk at the region level would bring forward further ideas, open up meetings, set up a funding and grant committee and in some alternate universe organise what should be, the simple addition of a promotion spot to the LL for the aspirational.  Look how that all turned out lol

Edited by Killiepiyo

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

Increasingly looking like the 20 team Premier is a go-er. 47 teams left in Tier 7, three conferences of 15/16 teams each.

That would be the fairest, promote 3 Championship teams. If the season is truncated, you can always split in 2 leagues of 10 instead, possibly with EOS-style inter-conference games.

18 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Increasingly looking like the 20 team Premier is a go-er. 47 teams left in Tier 7, three conferences of 15/16 teams each.

What are you basing this on please? Has there been some news?

Edited by jimbaxters

The West of Scotland League have opened the door for a 20-team tier six as part of their junior divisions overhaul, Lanarkshire Live Sport understands. 

It was revealed earlier this week that the original proposal for a conference system would not be allowed by the SFA.

However, the WoSL put a plan to clubs that would see 17 teams enter a top division, including Bonnyton Thistle and the current West Premiership sides, known as tier six.

The remaining 50 sides would then enter a tier seven conference system.

However, following a video call between clubs this week it has been revealed to by a source within the Lanarkshire junior sides that a 20-team alternative has also been put on the table.

This would mean the top three teams who finished the West Region Championship - Cumbernauld, Blantyre Vics, and Darvel - would be promoted with no relegation from the old Premiership.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/west-scotland-league-tout-20-21957846

14 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Talbot supporters a bit pissed off more like it!

Would Talbot accept promotion now to Tier 5 if it was available i.e. subject to the proviso that the floodlights were up in time for next season (whenever that starts))?

Adding Talbot and Bo'ness United to make an 18 club Tier 5 would make for an exciting league and allow a second west club to move up in twelve months time, helping to re-balance things at Tier 5.

24 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

With twenty clubs it could be adjusted to two ten club conferences in an emergency situation e.g. a severely delayed kick-off to the season.

21 minutes ago, holstein said:

Do the people in charge of this whole shambles think they are playing a computer game or something 😄

20 team top league next season when it probably won't start till September or October.

Horrific decision by the sfa and lowland if somehow it came about. 

Have to agree with this. Looks like it's going to be 20 team league just so an awkward decision about relegation can be avoided. Absolute folly.