Conference Call

24 minutes ago, cherrywhite said:

Mate the boys club from alloa are doing nobody any harm good on you for giving it a go in men's football but you can't take over non league football .

The wos football league at tier 7 and 8 will be ran by junior officials and junior officials will have a big say in tier 6 and in time tier 5 that's gonna happen common sense tells you that to compliment i may add who's already involved unless of course you are in tier 4 and then a new gaffer for the lowland will need to be found. 

"Congratulations on surviving the sinking of the Titanic, Captain Smith. Yeah the thing sunk, but you're a good White Star man, so we've decided that we're putting you in command of our newest ship. She'll be ready in a few months...keep up the good work on the Lusitania..."

31 minutes ago, cherrywhite said:

The wos football league at tier 7 and 8 will be ran by junior officials and junior officials will have a big say in tier 6 and in time tier 5 that's gonna happen common sense tells you that to compliment i may add who's already involved unless of course you are in tier 4 and then a new gaffer for the lowland will need to be found. 

The same committee will run the WoSFL from top to bottom. It won't be split by tiers.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Can i ? Perhaps i can, but tell me why would i? It'll all come out in the wash.

because you are happy enough to say this or that whereas I have asked a direct question to someone who would know and have been told categorically that the club had nothing to do with it.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

The SFA should be meeting these costs.

The only costs the SFA seem to care about is claiming back their expenses. Take a look at the decision over the WoSFL so that the JPP only covers Tiers 1 to 6 rather than the entire pyramid.

Or how they created the North and South Challenge Cups and then tossed them aside for the leagues to run.

Interesting stuff, most leagues operate a period of grace for clubs to meet ground criteria,maybe get jobs done by year 2 or back down you go. Everyone knows the costs of floodlights etc, clubs know if they can afford this. Always get clubs who 'try it on'  whilst there are loads of good decent hardworking clubs/committee's. Going by various lges down south,any crowds of 250-300  are decent for once junior clubs who wish to progress.

Think what is being lost in some of these narratives is that the interests of smaller clubs like St Anthony's and Royal Albert on the one hand and those of Pollok and Talbot on the other were not going to be the same on the question of four conferences vs keeping the 2019-20 west region superleague more or less intact. Think what is most important though is that the SFA's agenda on that could be driven completely by an internal SFA set of politics. It's possible that the WoS has just got caught in the crossfire of that with no dark ulterior motives being involved on the part of people who negotiated the emergence of the league.

Beyond that it's only natural that former junior clubs and their officialdom are going to want to influence decision making moving forward. That's what democracy in all of this leads to and that's not something to be automatically feared. If the LL gets it written into the south pyramid rules that the WoS and SCC must always take priority over the SJC on fixtures in a way that can't easily be changed without consensus between all the leagues involved then that's about as much as they can reasonably expect to achieve in influence terms at this point.

5 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Very true my point being about promotion. No point having a west of scotland league when the winners r say pollok or beith, when both stadiums arent licenced so they wouldnt be allowed into the play offs. Not a dig at either team just using as an example

Mon the papers

think i'll withdraw from this whole thing as it is as the arguments , mines included , are becoming pretty futile .Everybody has had an idea  and an opinion about  what the set up would look like and as the reality of it all becomes more tangible dummies and opinions are flying every where , we are just about drowning in a sea of righteous indignation and  not  a whistle has been blown nor ball kicked in anger ,My club look unlikely to be promoted despite being in  a positive but not uncatchable position...in all honesty I , like everybody else , just want to watch a ball being blootered in competition...I sincerely hope that folk get what they want .If we don't get promotion it's onwards and upwards for whatever lies ahead of us .so good luck to you and yours for the next season whenever that will be and what ever shape that will take .In finishing we should maybe look at the non league scene in Engerlund not perfect but it works and teams know what is needed to progress .

Edited by Village elder

58 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

because you are happy enough to say this or that whereas I have asked a direct question to someone who would know and have been told categorically that the club had nothing to do with it.

Dont think i did say this or that. Prehaps you should read what i wrote again.