Conference Call

What there will almost certainly be is something for the WoS clubs that don't do the SJC, so nobody sits idle when the first SJC game is played as that would be awkward to explain otherwise. Think a West of Scotland Cup type competition is the one that lost out when the SJC entered the picture.

4 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Theres no point having 67 teams in the wosl when only a handful of them have a stadium that fits the criteria for LL. Teams that dont meet criteria should just go back junior and let clubs with ambition get on with it.

Mon the papers

There's no point in having clubs in the Scottish Cup that don't meet UEFA Category 4 as they might win the Scottish Cup and then qualify for the Europa League Group Stage, therefore all clubs outwith the SPFL Premiership and Championship should be excluded from the Scottish Cup and allow clubs with ambition to get on with it. 

See what I did there...

21 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Theres no point having 67 teams in the wosl when only a handful of them have a stadium that fits the criteria for LL. Teams that dont meet criteria should just go back junior and let clubs with ambition get on with it.

Mon the papers

What are you on about?

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

one tiny example was at Prestonfield on a Friday night this season against Newtongrange crowd of less than 130 with no opposition any where else and having engaged with a few Linlithgow fans they agreed crowds are down , Most East Stirling matches in the LL ..crowds now pitiful..any BSC game at Alloa 3 men and a dug , most games at Broadwood with the Clots 3 men and nae dug , Dunipace just the dug also at Sauchie again with no local competition crowds down I've already been berated for using one off examples of cup ties against higher league opposition...crowds in the west not spectacular...St Rochs bucking the trend in some style .With very , vert few exceptions crowds are down every where my friend and that icludes the much vaunted professional game

Spot on buddy never seen our game in such a terrible state from top to bottom. When do the juniors start to realise they were way better off running things themselves such a shame they have ruined it all getting involved in a sham 'pyramid'

12 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

I meant stadiums that dont meet criteria for LL then teams should just stay juniors including ur club.

Mon the papers

Do you understand the concept of a pyramid? A lot of home learning going on just now. Maybe you can join in?

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Do you understand the concept of a pyramid? A lot of home learning going on just now. Maybe you can join in?

Can people stop calling it a pyramid when it wasn't a proper functioning pyramid covering the whole country pre pandemic and certainly won't be post pandemic where everything will be limited even more the folly of those who have invested so much into this will get royally shafted the writing is already on the wall for crying out loud.  

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

We'll see what happen on the pyramid. My guess would be that no reconstruction can make it through an SPFL general meeting and reach the vote requirements, so the team 42 playoff stays as is for the foreseeable future.

Long time reader of the forum on and off you are an excellent poster. Can you see this ever working in reality ?

Yes it's all good ticking boxes and saying we now have a 'pyramid' a plastic version imo to use a phrase but is it really worth it?  I really do worry that most clubs have been dragged into this charade. If only junior leadership had been better for the fantastic junior grade clubs in scotland .

Edited by cherrywhite

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Joined today and think LTL is an excellent poster. :whistle

Long time reader of these forums on/off thought i'd join in to pass the time during lockdown if that's alright with you! 

Post now edited to clarify 👍

11 minutes ago, cherrywhite said:

Scandalous accusations being thrown about by clydebank in particular . 

Can I just say as a board member of Clydebank fc that at no time have we as a club commented on any of this and this post should be retracted. Terrible accusation to make which some people could believe if they don't read the whole thread.