Conference Call

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Petty doesn't come into it. Extending from 17 to 20 means another six match days to shoehorn in. Fixture carnage.

Kennie! Tell them!

17 teams leagues present a certain level of carnage depending on when the season starts as well. The common idea had been there would be 4 Conferences, but because of COVID19 you also had been suggesting 5 Conferences to provide flexibility.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

17 teams leagues present a certain level of carnage depending on when the season starts as well. The common idea had been there would be 4 Conferences, but because of COVID19 you also had been suggesting 5 Conferences to provide flexibility.

Are you using that as a general term? I haven't mentioned anything about 5 conferences. I'm not one of the lads sitting chewing the end of an HB pencil, making nice wee graphs.

Agree though that even a 17 team league along with all those daft cups is too much. How that is decided, it doesn't matter. Although for the sheer comedy of it, I'd rather they kept it as it is without relegation.

Just don't go to 20!

Edited by jimbaxters

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Are you using that as a general term? I haven't mentioned anything about 5 conferences. I'm not one of the lads sitting chewing the end of an HB pencil, making nice wee graphs.

Agree though that even a 17 team league along with all those daft cups is too much. How that is decided, it doesn't matter. Although for the sheer comedy of it, I'd rather they kept it as it is without relegation.

Just don't go to 20!

just a general term

8 hours ago, gogsy said:

You seem to be confused, can you name the clubs that have declining crowds? Did you miss the former junior clubs in the EOD and Lowland leagues beating current SPFL teams in the Scottish cup. Did you miss the threads on the various threads on the junior , EOS league , Lowland league sub forums which show that the EOS ex junior teams attendances compare pretty well to the clubs in the West Juniors this season.

one tiny example was at Prestonfield on a Friday night this season against Newtongrange crowd of less than 130 with no opposition any where else and having engaged with a few Linlithgow fans they agreed crowds are down , Most East Stirling matches in the LL ..crowds now pitiful..any BSC game at Alloa 3 men and a dug , most games at Broadwood with the Clots 3 men and nae dug , Dunipace just the dug also at Sauchie again with no local competition crowds down I've already been berated for using one off examples of cup ties against higher league opposition...crowds in the west not spectacular...St Rochs bucking the trend in some style .With very , vert few exceptions crowds are down every where my friend and that icludes the much vaunted professional game

11 hours ago, Lapsed Junior said:

Not sure I understand the level of bile and hate speech going on here in what should be a relatively mundane debate about a potential new structure in a new league.

I thought these trying times were all about being kinder and more considerate to each other.

Dunipace seem to have done,  quite well for themselves, and are doing good things, and appearing to be progressive and forward thinking, and not too up their own backsides.

Talbot obviously don't want to do anything that will stop them from being flat track bullies.

Clydebank - people need to get over the Senior/Junior thing, and the no home patter. Tiresome. They groundshare and arguably because of that have helped prolong the like of a team on life support - Yoker.  A twofer.

As for the "back to the juniors" brigade there seem to be a bit of projecting of themselves on to the Lowland League people. 

No one made the "juniors" move. If they were forced it was the West Region's bizarrely hatched plan to move en masse they is at fault.

Anyways - the two teams I heard named were Talbot and Pollok. But what do I know apart from the whole need to denigrate people because they don't or won't name names is immature and irrelevant. The source I heard it from is credible, coherent and not prone to hyperbole. I am not sure they would fabricate it either.  There could well be a germ of truth.

"At this point is born the fatal envy which so many men feel of the lives of others. "

Still laughing at that clip.

24 minutes ago, Village elder said:

one tiny example was at Prestonfield on a Friday night this season against Newtongrange crowd of less than 130 with no opposition any where else and having engaged with a few Linlithgow fans they agreed crowds are down , Most East Stirling matches in the LL ..crowds now pitiful..any BSC game at Alloa 3 men and a dug , most games at Broadwood with the Clots 3 men and nae dug , Dunipace just the dug also at Sauchie again with no local competition crowds down I've already been berated for using one off examples of cup ties against higher league opposition...crowds in the west not spectacular...St Rochs bucking the trend in some style .With very , vert few exceptions crowds are down every where my friend and that icludes the much vaunted professional game

You quote the Rose figure yet it was 243 officially.

Rose averaged 433 for the season.

IMG_20200410_094529.JPG

East Stirlingshire's crowds have fallen because less people watch non-league than SPFL level - they weren't exactly wonderfully supported to begin with.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Petty doesn't come into it. Extending from 17 to 20 means another six match days to shoehorn in. Fixture carnage.

Kennie! Tell them!

That's not the SFA's problem and it only means 4 extra dates from a fixture list standpoint as you need to factor in the two bye weeks for each of the clubs at 17 as well. That's why binning participation in a 67 team WoS league cup (suspect it's still going to be there for the tier 7 conference teams) that would probably have required 6 fixture dates plus a prelim can be viewed as solving the issue of moving from 17 to 20 teams (if COVID19 doesn't delay the season obviously).

Just been catching up on this thread, can someone tell me, is there a certain criteria each club has to meet to gain entry into the wosl tier 6 league, or is it a case of go with the premier teams regardless of who they are? 

Edited by Krfc 10