Conference Call

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:
6 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:
What about Blantyre  Darvel Cumbernauld Bonnyton added to the 16.
Play each other once then split 10/10 after 19 games then play another 9.
28 games should be manageable even with a later start?

Still need to relegate 6teams forcthe following season?

But split to 3 relegation spots in each Conference. Going from 10th to 7th seems more achievable than 20th to 14th.

36 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Because they are already a Tier 6 club, and the only Tier 6 club joining the new league.

What would be scandalous would be to hot wire some other teams into Tier 6 but not others. Which is why conferences the only fair and acceptable solution.

Yes I got an answer previously thanks. But it's not entirely fair for teams in the top league to start on a level playing field again given that they have worked hard to get themselves in this position before being forced to make this move.

I was never in favour of Conferences, it was a wasted year for me. It is highly improbable that the make up of the top Division will be markedly different after a year of Conferences as happened in the East. 

Transporting the Leagues and fitting in non Juniors at the appropriate level makes more sense when 63/67 are from the same structure.

At least those in the top League are still there on merit.

All other Clubs have an opportunity to fast track to the top Division in one season which they wouldn't have in the current Junior set up and will find their level for the following season. 

This SFA pronouncement will have little impact in the scheme of things. Why St Ants are encouraging others to reform the Juniors is a mystery to me the LL didn't move the goalposts. 

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
3 minutes ago, glensmad said:
Probably 7 relegated with 3 coming up. But that's no different to the normal 16-team Premiership. Finish in the top 13 and you're safe.

I know but finishing 7th bottom and still getting relegated just doesn't seem right

If you're a Glencairn fan you'll want a 20 team League to avoid relegation. 

30 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

This is what i can't stand. This man has over 50 years in junior football unlike most of the geeks on here who love spreadsheets and forming ridiculous fantasy leagues.

Well I, for one, feels personally attacked

*deletes spreadsheets*

3 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
4 minutes ago, glensmad said:
Probably 7 relegated with 3 coming up. But that's no different to the normal 16-team Premiership. Finish in the top 13 and you're safe.

I know but finishing 7th bottom and still getting relegated just doesn't seem right

Keep it at 20 with 3 down?

1 minute ago, the rambler said:

Funnily enough I've read a Glencairn fan posting repeatedly that there will be no space to fit in the SJC so how can a 38 game league be viable?

No relegation was declared by the West Region SJFA, so Glencairn are part of the 17 announced by the WoSFL yesterday. Hopefully they can find agreement to incorporate the 3 teams at the top of the Championship as well.

Just now, glensmad said:
3 minutes ago, the rambler said:

No relegation was declared by the West Region SJFA, so Glencairn are part of the 17 announced by the WoSFL yesterday. Hopefully they can find agreement to incorporate the 3 teams at the top of the Championship as well.

See my post above please

Funnily enough I've read a Glencairn fan posting repeatedly that there will be no space to fit in the SJC so how can a 38 game league be viable?
The League Cup would be dropped to accommodate the number of fixtures.

This is what i can't stand. This man has over 50 years in junior football unlike most of the geeks on here who love spreadsheets and forming ridiculous fantasy leagues. This man in the real world knows what he's talking about and is well respected not some 'fairweatherfan' who is a geek for this sort of stuff and probably has a folder on his desktop dedicated to this stuff. 

This non league forum has lost all its proper real world football fans and characters instead it's been replaced by people who probably rarely go to a non league game. 

To be fair, at much as I like Felix and have always had a soft spot for the Ants, having been on the opposite side of some of what he's claimed there (not all of it) I can say with absolute certainty that it's not true.

At no point were any East juniors told they weren't welcome because "we hate the juniors".

Quite the opposite, they were invited to join the league. They chose not to. That's absolutely fine.

I can't speak for all of the claims in his Twitter thread, but given the ones I do have knowledge of I disagree entirely with the sentiment and the detail, it creates doubt for me for all of the others as well.

50 years in an organisation creates blinkers, as well as knowledge.

Just now, glensmad said:
1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

The League Cup would be dropped to accommodate the number of fixtures.

When was that said? You're not changing things to suit you are you?