Conference Call

The conferences idea was known to the sfa, this latest move is directly as a result of lobbying to the sfa which to my understanding has been done behind GF’s back by someone not connected to the wosl.

I’ve heard those rumours like everyone else and they very well could be true. I’ve also been told that Rod Petrie said from the outset he would not entertain conferences from the beginning. So was this ever really discussed prior to teams signing up? Or was it overlooked and muted as many clubs might not have signed up on those terms? So clubs in the old juniors have more say to the SFA than George Fraser has? That will be many people’s argument to it.

6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the Lowland League returned £250 to St. Ants and told them £250 was a bond that was to be returned on completing the fixtures next season and resigning from the League before it starts means that won't happen.

Considering the antagonistic take the the SJFA President is showing i'm sure they'll get the full amount, deny the SJFA take on proceedings, and move on with forming the WoSFL.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Lowland League returned £250 to St. Ants and told them £250 was a bond that was to be returned on completing the fixtures next season and resigning from the League before it starts means that won't happen.

I think about 30 former west region clubs still havent paid the £500, the ants may have enough clubs for a couple of divisions of the sjfa in the west.

I wonder if two middle-aged chaps in blazers were spotted sharing succulent lamb and a glass of playful but unpretentious wine at a restaurant in the vicinity of Hampden Park over the weekend?

The likes of bonnyton are currently higher than Talbot in the pyramid, and yet again talbot fans trying to dictate who should or shouldn’t be in the league. Outside of Auchinleck your club is nothing special regardless of how many times you show us your medals. 

What are Bonnyton going to bring to the League exactly ?

The likes of bonnyton are currently higher than Talbot in the pyramid, and yet again talbot fans trying to dictate who should or shouldn’t be in the league. Outside of Auchinleck your club is nothing special regardless of how many times you show us your medals. 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think about 30 former west region clubs still havent paid the £500, the ants may have enough clubs for a couple of divisions of the sjfa in the west.

What's the time line for the fees being paid? 14 days from when? If you know.

The £500 compared to SJFA dues didn't go down well in the first place. Even with the idea of it being a bond and it being paid back (partially or in full, can't remember).

Its another reason why some people may be seizing this opportunity to revive the WRSJFA. They can see waiting out COVID19 as like being in abeyance, rather than have to be proactive in forming the WoSFL.

Spoken with the bitterness of a Clydebank fan [emoji1787]

The posts on twitter about the LL are, shall we say, written in frustration and posted before a proof read.

The anger appears placed at the LL chairman's door, which I'm not sure is right. If they have had this forced on them from the sfa then there is little they can do about it. 

Clubs aren't getting what they signed up for but isn't it still a step forward being in the pyramid? 

Rejoining the sjfa isnt the answer here, thats a backwards step.

Considering the ill feeling that seems to be going round in some circles, I still like the suggestion of 2020-21 being played in the Conferences and just outside of the JPP. So no Lowland League Pyramid playoff place.

It means the 16 team West Premier can be formed in 2021-22 when a large chunk of the membership would be licenced. It also always means a stronger negotiation position with the Lowland League over a second promotion spot when rejigging the Lowland League Pyramid Playoff format. If all you do is change it to one promotion between the three leagues it could remain that way for a while.

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The Scottish Junior Cup in capitals - I wonder what possible reason he can have for doing that? That might just be making the decision for clubs on whether to continue to take part a little bit easier.

Maybe the vote on SJFA rule changes didn't go as expected in some way? Definitely looks like the actions of an old man who is desperate to keep his blazer. Getting into such a state over the conferences seems like an overreaction.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.adfa9dde4d3ac1506618357cd6aa9f59.png

There's certainly a few masks slipping.

This was always the danger when clubs were effectively forced to move to the WoSFL rather than being allowed to make their own decision to move or stay.  Maybe a chance to revisit it and let those clubs who were never wanting to move in the first place to remain in the WRJFA and let everyone else move forwards.

Whilst we're at it, settle the Junior Cup issue by preventing clubs from retaining SJFA membership within the Pyramid.