Conference Call

We'll see how many clubs join this faction. Will they really remain in the WRSJFA instead of committing to the WoS if, say, 8/10 clubs in total are up for it?

Felix has every right to be angry, however its misdirected, might want to speak to the two clubs with underhand intentions instead of blaming the good guys like George Fraser.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Felix has every right to be angry, however its misdirected, might want to speak to the two clubs with underhand intentions instead of blaming the good guys like George Fraser.

Anybody actually know who the clubs are?? 

15 minutes ago, TFW said:

I think you'll find most Talbot fans don't give two figs about Darvel.

Fully agree, and i'm sure most of other junior clubs will feel exactly same way 😂 I can to a degree can see some of the clubs gripes especially if they were planning for a season of conference leagues where they were aiming for top 4 place to make the new top league of 16...

I have heard St Caddocs are showing real ambition and have the money men backing them, have heard some of their budget figures and they are eye watering.

When they agreed to invest they initially thought great top 4 in the conference then we can make the new top league, this now is all up in the air. If they go with 3 Conference Divisions below the top league, then possibly only the Champs will go up, could you imagine if Darvel and St Caddocs ended up in same league... 😁

1 hour ago, TFW said:

This isn't about Talbot fans coming on here and winding folk up, it's about keyboard warriors elsewhere with their own agendas who are to blame. It wasn't Talbot and Pollok fans who said they "had good sources" about "the facts" it's about petty minded individuals like NIKOS K, who wants folk to believe his ramblings below.....

"Do you really think i'm going to betray my source on here? I know for  a fact it was yourselves and Pollok, if you are, as most Talbot fans state, a community / village club why don't you ask your committee and get them to deny it. The loss of gate money and bigger crowds against the bigger clubs is a factor in your clubs thinking"

There's rumour, there's insinuation, and there's downright lies - which the above statement is. We're still awaiting any proof from him re this. I'll not hold my breath....

Obviously don’t want you holding your breath for too long that’s dangerous, not just me that’s got proof , if you want to find out just ask your back room staff how they’re getting on trying to set up their WhatsApp group! 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So that’ll be the ants leading a reformation of the juniors then, wonder who’ll go with them.

Looks more like a counterreformation to me and kind of ironic they could wind up playing Harthill, Whitburn and Armadale regularly as a consequence of it.

Would it not be fair to suggest as chairman of the Lowland league that George Fraser would be privy to knowing what the SFA, namely Rod Petrie, wanted from the outset? Was the 4 conferences ever an option from the beginning? Or has the so called clubs really changed the course of action here? How has this by passed George? Would he not have input on how leagues are formed below his league?
By the way not suggesting he does just merely asking the question.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So that’ll be the ants leading a reformation of the juniors then, wonder who’ll go with them.

If it actually happens some of the smaller clubs I imagine. Royal Albert weren't exactly thrilled when they were saying they'd skip the Junior Cup for instance.

1 minute ago, spud4 said:

Would it not be fair to suggest as chairman of the Lowland league that George Fraser would be privy to knowing what the SFA, namely Rod Petrie, wanted from the outset? Was the 4 conferences ever an option from the beginning? Or has the so called clubs really changed the course of action here? How has this by passed George? Would he not have input on how leagues are formed below his league?

It's a fair question to ask. While I can't answer for George, I do know that he has regular contact with the governing body and must have been made aware of what the SFA wanted.

Indeed, the SFA chaired those mini-PWG meetings that saw this WoS agreement come to fruition.

He's an extremely professional and prepared individual. It strikes me that this likely isn't something that has bypassed him, rather been thrust upon him.

Who are the 2 clubs?
Does anyone have anything to show who they are or is it unsubstantiated rumours?
For what it's worth I'm quite happy the conference has been binned for the top League waste of a season in my opinion and if Talbot are proven to be one of the clubs good on them.

43 minutes ago, AML67 said:

Come on Billy we all know it’s bugger all to do with that and only because of the Tier 6 status afforded to them for briefly being part of the South ! Nothing else nothing more .........

I know mate but if it is true then fair play to the players, coaches & committee who have shown some initiative & drive to get to where they are now

Lets not be fooled Bonnyton will find their place/level (And take some drubbings on the way) but this would probably take a season or two to happen, in the meantime some coffers in the bank, attract some experienced players perhaps & give the young yins some valuable experience on the way 

Lets look at the facts, this squad has been slagged by various wannabe fitba pundits & incredibly by some other Junior Team committee members on here in the past but now look how far they have come :)

• Originated from BC status & has a very good Player Pathway in place, unlike some we can mention on here
  • Has a very successful U20s team in Development League
  • Unlike a Junior team not too far from Bonnyton there is a Junior team that had reputedly a £140K Playing Budget last season & some players on £500/week & now on here greetin that its not fair. 
  • The first season Bonnyton started the players paid monthly subs to help out
  • Bonnyton also have two experienced & respected ex Senior Players as coaches with good contacts within the game
  • This, again if its true, there is always the possibility to attract more sponsors etc. & this could result is in a lot of benefits

Im not saying it is right or wrong BUT I do have a big smile on my face at moment .... Karma 🤑

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Who are the 2 clubs?
Does anyone have anything to show who they are or is it unsubstantiated rumours?
For what it's worth I'm quite happy the conference has been binned for the top League waste of a season in my opinion and if Talbot are proven to be one of the clubs good on them.

Talbot self entitlement mode right there in a nutshell . 

It's a fair question to ask. While I can't answer for George, I do know that he has regular contact with the governing body and must have been made aware of what the SFA wanted.
Indeed, the SFA chaired those mini-PWG meetings that saw this WoS agreement come to fruition.
He's an extremely professional and prepared individual. It strikes me that this likely isn't something that has bypassed him, rather been thrust upon him.

As I say I’m not blaming George one bit. Apparently Rod Petrie has always stated that he wouldn’t entertain conferences for the first year. If this is true has all clubs overlooked this information in the excitement of it all, was it not taken seriously or was it totally mis sold to all clubs to get them to join en masse? As an outsider I think it’s reasonable to infer that George at least had an some knowledge that this was, at the very least, a possibility. If that was the case then you can understand Felix being upset with him as he is chairman of the LL.

The conferences idea was known to the sfa, this latest move is directly as a result of lobbying to the sfa which to my understanding has been done behind GF’s back by someone not connected to the wosl. Pretty sure clubs k-y will be on the conference call tonight and can ask for confirmation, surely someone in that range that posts on here.

I hope in response that the LL make it absolutely impossible for the junior cup to be played on anything but a midweek.

58 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

More from the SJFA President. https://twitter.com/kenna_felix/status/1255496369776873474

West Region to be brought back from the dead...

Screenshot_2020-04-29 Felix Mc Kenna on Twitter When our junior clubs voted at our AGM 2 years ago we hoped to keep our Ass[...png

I don't know who's responsible for the change to the format (though I have my suspicions), but Felix isn't helping his members by being a balloon and throwing his toys out the pram. We're back to the old "it's an EOS/LL conspiracy!" when those responsible are IMO likelier to be closer to home. 

What's self entitled about saying a season of conferences is a wasted season?
You want to be playing the top teams every week do you not?

Talbot self entitlement mode right there in a nutshell .