Conference Call

21 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They had an agreement, they were undermined by two clubs who have gone to the sfa with an alternative proposal.
They may ultimately think they’ve got their way but something interesting is happening in the background.....

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Probably a poor turn of phrase ‘same dinosaurs’. Anyway heard some reassuring news so might not be all bad news.

When's this news coming, Scoop?

Could they run the conferences with EVERYONE involved at “tier 7” with no current tier 6 for one season to get round this?

It would mean no one would be promoted to the LL for 2021-22, but considering very few clubs are currently licensed and new licenses may well not be ready in time, it wouldn’t make much of a difference...

Edited by Spyro

12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Could they run the conferences with EVERYONE involved at “tier 7” with no current tier 6 for one season to get round this?

It would mean no one would be promoted to the LL for 2021-22, but considering very few clubs are currently licensed and new licenses may well not be ready in time, it wouldn’t make much of a difference...

I expect there will be a number of clubs ready to go for licence by this time next year - virus restrictions notwithstanding 

Maybe there is a way forward which would allow a 20 club Tier 6 division?

If all of the past season's Premier Division clubs plus Bonnyton plus the top three clubs from the Championship were allowed in i.e. 20 clubs, then it could be run as two ten team conferences.

After the home and away fixtures are complete the top five from both conferences would play another set of home and away matches for the League title - with no league points carried forward. Similarly the lower five clubs in both conferences would play off against each other in a ten team league and the lowest placed clubs would be relegated to the new Tier 7 division where they would be joined by the most successful clubs from the lower Tier conferences.

It means 36 league games (18 plus 18) for each of the 20 clubs.

If the start of the season was delayed due to the Covid-19 virus then maybe the top club in both Tier 6 conferences could play off for the title on a home and away basis. This would, hopefully, make sure that there is a champion club at the end of 2020/21 one way or another.

Clubs from the lower Tier conferences would be able to gain promotion to Tier 6.

19 minutes ago, southerner said:

So this thread has basically been accusations against Talbot and Pollok, without supported evidence, people encouraging a boycott of away fans at games and requests for Talbot giving up a place in the Scottish Cup. Oh dear

Agreed. Oh Dear.

But what do you expect when alleged Juniors supporters come onto this forum and continue their attempts to provoke. Provocation is a form of bullying and is a sign of  weakness associated with having lost the argument. It is truly sad.

It is time for those who insist on playing petty anti-pyramid style politics at all levels of Scottish football to get their respective acts together or depart the scene. 

image.png.492f875945d1695620c5016ef6c975bc.png

My favourite thing about this conspiracy theory from the SJFA President is that it was to squeeze out £500 from clubs

The dues were mentioned back in March. I'm sure the schedule of payment came from the information around their successful application into the WoSFL to make it official.

The LL playing a long con out in public for everyone to see 🤣

Gosh! Who didn't see a complete clusterfuck occurring? Not this quickly though, surely? It's going to be a rollercoaster ride, if not in the right way. The idea of a fresh start and a clean slate never really took hold.

44 minutes ago, Dev said:

Maybe there is a way forward which would allow a 20 club Tier 6 division?

If all of the past season's Premier Division clubs plus Bonnyton plus the top three clubs from the Championship were allowed in i.e. 20 clubs, then it could be run as two ten team conferences.

After the home and away fixtures are complete the top five from both conferences would play another set of home and away matches for the League title - with no league points carried forward. Similarly the lower five clubs in both conferences would play off against each other in a ten team league and the lowest placed clubs would be relegated to the new Tier 7 division where they would be joined by the most successful clubs from the lower Tier conferences.

It means 36 league games (18 plus 18) for each of the 20 clubs.

If the start of the season was delayed due to the Covid-19 virus then maybe the top club in both Tier 6 conferences could play off for the title on a home and away basis. This would, hopefully, make sure that there is a champion club at the end of 2020/21 one way or another.

Clubs from the lower Tier conferences would be able to gain promotion to Tier 6.

Genuine question as I have obviously missed something...why "plus Bonnyton" in the top league?

23 minutes ago, Dev said:

Agreed. Oh Dear.

But what do you expect when alleged Juniors supporters come onto this forum and continue their attempts to provoke. Provocation is a form of bullying and is a sign of  weakness associated with having lost the argument. It is truly sad.

It is time for those who insist on playing petty anti-pyramid style politics at all levels of Scottish football to get their respective acts together or depart the scene. 

This isn't about Talbot fans coming on here and winding folk up, it's about keyboard warriors elsewhere with their own agendas who are to blame. It wasn't Talbot and Pollok fans who said they "had good sources" about "the facts" it's about petty minded individuals like NIKOS K, who wants folk to believe his ramblings below.....

"Do you really think i'm going to betray my source on here? I know for  a fact it was yourselves and Pollok, if you are, as most Talbot fans state, a community / village club why don't you ask your committee and get them to deny it. The loss of gate money and bigger crowds against the bigger clubs is a factor in your clubs thinking"

There's rumour, there's insinuation, and there's downright lies - which the above statement is. We're still awaiting any proof from him re this. I'll not hold my breath....

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

The SJFA President gives us his thoughts

Screenshot_2020-04-29 Felix Mc Kenna on Twitter Consider the proposed WOSFL were every club has a right to model its constr[...].png

Think what’s being missed here is the fact the PWG failed to carry out its purpose for years which would’ve have most likely ended as is suggested now. 

Had the conferences not been suggested (and I think it’s wrong that it has been changed in good faith) what would the outcome have been. Clubs would still have left to the wosl and probably a split. The remaining few eventually do what the east done and join later. 

Thats what happens when a leagues structured on the back of one guy chasing around trying to save the grade. If there was such hesitancy and everything was so great why didn’t a group of remainers speak out and stay put?

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ronney said way back they'd do this had the whole WR SJFA ported across intact.

It makes sense but doesn't if you know what I mean. Absolutely no way of knowing their level relative to the Juniors (besides the fact that the SOS clubs regularly get tonked by the Juniors in the WH Scottish qualifying rounds). 

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It makes sense but doesn't if you know what I mean. Absolutely no way of knowing their level relative to the Juniors (besides the fact that the SOS clubs regularly get tonked by the Juniors in the WH Scottish qualifying rounds). 

They will get relegated in all probability as they're a side who deal in the transfer market with Maybole, Craigmark, Girvan, Annbank etc and that would be suggestive of their level but they are already in the pyramid and shouldn't be relegated a level before a ball is blootered just because the West now want to play ball. They are transferring across. SoS level in cup ties hard to gauge as only four members: Wigtown, Newton, St Cuthberts and Threave. Not always very good.

Edited by cmontheloknow