Conference Call

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

True, but from we've been told they said that sort of format wasn't going to be allowed again in future and tier 6 feeders would have to be 16 club divisions and they could handle the discipline for four of them.

Four of them based on the EoS Premier, SoSFL, West Premiership, and East Superleague signing up. Yet the NCL and North Superleague were and still are in negotiations around entering Tier 6 so there's another 20+ that probably won't be entering in 2020-21.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

has someone been reading over old minutes looking for wriggle room?

Only know that the east region's posture was that they would move back to a 16 club superleague again if they got tier 6 entry to fit what the SFA were requiring. Lots of posts were made about that on here.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Only know that the east region's posture was that they would move back to a 16 club superleague again if they got tier 6 entry to fit what the SFA were requiring. Lots of posts were made about that on here.

I know that but obviously it went very quiet on that front when the West conferences were being chatted about. Someone seems not to have forgotten though!

4 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Feck all to do with clubs,LL to blame here.

The LL and EoSFL were a part of the PWG meetings so knew the SFA stance over the JPP more than anyone.

Its also been known for over a month now what the intentions were regarding the WoSFL and Conferences. On the same day they were having the WoSFL information meeting they had the mini PWG in Hampden. This hasn't exactly snuck up on the SFA

http://slfl.co.uk/west-of-scotland-league-update-2/

Yet its only now that they care to note a complaint?

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I know that but obviously it went very quiet on that front when the West conferences were being chatted about. Someone seems not to have forgotten though!

Maybe the SFA president and CEO thought it would be OK but the full board reminded them about the 16 club thing when it came time to do what they thought would be the rubber stamping? Somebody definitely dropped the ball in a big way.

There is no doubt that Darvel as in the village is a small place in Ayrshire but there are huge strides being put in place on and off the park and in particular off the park. Make no mistake the club have huge ambition to challenge for honours in the new pyramid system maybe that’s why the “bigger” more established clubs don’t want to see us progress, btw that would be natural but it’s certainly not right the way that this has come about.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

Cumnock

You and other Talbot fans flippant answers on this thread shows exactly that you know your club is behind this and you are laughing at an organisation that your club didn't even want to join . One of the reasons why many of the other clubs wanted to break away from the juniors.

1 minute ago, Nikos K said:

You and other Talbot fans flippant answers on this thread shows exactly that you know your club is behind this and you are laughing at an organisation that your club didn't even want to join . One of the reasons why many of the other clubs wanted to break away from the juniors.

Give me some evidence then. You have pointed the finger at both us and Pollok but its all hearsay.

Do you really think i'm going to betray my source on here? I know for  a fact it was yourselves and Pollok, if you are, as most Talbot fans state, a community / village club why don't you ask your committee and get them to deny it. The loss of gate money and bigger crowds against the bigger clubs is a factor in your clubs thinking. Regardless of your own home crowd do you really think you would get more visiting fans from say Drumchapel United than you would from Glenafton and I mean no disrespect to Drumchpael when I say that.

51 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

True, but from we've been told they said that sort of format wasn't going to be allowed again in future and tier 6 feeders would have to be 16 club divisions and they could handle the discipline for four of them.

I don't think they said that. And if anyone at the EoS, LL, SoS or WoS thought the SFA had said that, don't you think they'd have made some enquiries before announcing conferences? This clearly came as a shock to them too.

Nothing the SFA have done has helped the development of the pyramid, and the shit they've pulled, like last-minute demands for floodlighting, have only given ammunition to the old guard. This is just more of their bullshit.

Do you really think i'm going to betray my source on here? I know for  a fact it was yourselves and Pollok, if you are, as most Talbot fans state, a community / village club why don't you ask your committee and get them to deny it. The loss of gate money and bigger crowds against the bigger clubs is a factor in your clubs thinking. Regardless of your own home crowd do you really think you would get more visiting fans from say Drumchapel United than you would from Glenafton and I mean no disrespect to Drumchpael when I say that.
Ok, let's say it was Pollok and Talbot. Why did the SFA go along with it? What gives two junior clubs so much clout with the national association that they can effectively make decisions for them? What do the SFA have to gain by listening to them and what would the consequences have been for them had they told them to chase themselves?

40 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Fact remains clubs were sold a dummy without SFA rubber stamp.

It's clear that everyone involved thought they had the approval of the SFA. It's typical of the SFA to pull the rug out at the last minute, they did it with adding floodlights to licence applications, giving Bonnyrigg literally days to install or lose out on promotion. They tried to foist the ERSJFA into the pyramid too. They're an utter shambles and have no understanding of non-league football at all. 

1 minute ago, paul-r-cfc said:
14 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

Ok, let's say it was Pollok and Talbot. Why did the SFA go along with it? What gives two junior clubs so much clout with the national association that they can effectively make decisions for them? What do the SFA have to gain by listening to them and what would the consequences have been for them had they told them to chase themselves?

Or maybe they went to TJ greetin and got him to speak to the SFA along the corridor from him (Allegedly) I now await TJ trying to figure out who I am. Alas I am not affiliated to any particular club but just know people.