Conference Call

53 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Post up thread saying Conferences would have suited Bot and Lok least... why? Both sides would need to have an utter mare to not finish top 4. Neither side dependent on visiting supporters.

Would have thought bums squeakiest at clubs who would doubt their ability to finish top 4. i.e. established lower half sides in Premiership.

If you want a clue as to who is worried , check your own clubs officials phone bills in the last week!

It's sad to see the kind of bile that plagues the Juniors page on P&B now creeping in on here. Everybody's playing a guessing game as to who the two clubs are, with no evidence at all to substantiate their claims. Plus ca change....

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Why can we not have a grown up discussion about the SoS and its place in the pyramid?

100% Agree, can there be a thread created for bitching?

As I dont have a particular preference on what team goes in what league if the league standing were good enough to awards leagues on then I think they should be good enough to reshape the new league,

Rob Roy, Troon and Glencairn down and Darvel, Blantrye and Cumbernauld up?

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There are some in here annoyed because this is ruining their lovely conference permutations.

Not quite. Now people are having the same promotion and relegation difference in opinion that the other leagues are largely having to deal with. Why should bottom 3 in the Premier get to remain, while the top 3 in the Championship sit outside.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not quite. Now people are having the same promotion and relegation difference in opinion that the other leagues are largely having to deal with. Why should bottom 3 in the Premier get to remain, while the top 3 in the Championship sit outside.

Mainly because it will piss Darvel off!

Edited by jimbaxters

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why can we not have a grown up discussion about the SoS and its place in the pyramid?

With the exception now of only Caledonian Braves in the South and Kello in the West we realistically don’t have the overlap you claimed on your previous post ! Nothing to do with the South’s place in the Pyramid as you know , you’ve spent several months deriding the South and now you want to be grown up about it ! 

3 hours ago, Nikos K said:

Hearing Talbot and Pollok two clubs that were probably dragged kicking and screaming into it and now want to call the shots, so much for the other clubs breaking away from the juniors , shambles!! 

3 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

They are the clubs that would benefit least from having to have a year in a conference system, it was them that sprung to mind for me when I first heard about this 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

pollok are one of the clubs who is the other one ?

There has been no consultation of the Pollok committee members about any such lobbying and there was no mention of anything of the sort in a committee update email a couple of days ago. I'm assuming it's a mischievous rumour until I hear differently from an official source.

2 hours ago, thebairns57 said:

The head men at the west juniors will be running the wosfl shortly the chap from Auchinleck,  chap from Pollok,  chap kilbirnie,  fixture man Kenny and probably fyfee they know what they are doing,  they know the region and people involved. 

They will get on with what has been decided. 

The "chap from Pollok" passed away a few weeks ago, so it's unlikely he'll be involved in running the WoSFL!

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

kirkintilloch and rutherglen were all but gone and should get relegated , if no relegation promote 3 teams from champioship and make 20 team league , leagues wont start in all probability this year so play everyone once and have a 19 game league season 

Glencairn had 14 games remaining 11 at home so we’re far from gone and all injured players were fully fit again ask Kilwinning if they felt we were already gone 

Can understand your frustration and agree that the three teams should be promoted but in all honesty the teams in the lower area of premier should not be disadvantaged as no relegation or promotion was mention when leagues were closed and officially the juniors no longer exist 

West region juniors still exist until agm if it’s closed.

For me the big problem is sfa staying there must be one league only at tier 6 and they aren’t going to be involved in anything including discipline below tier 6

The problems in the past where that lowland league and sjfa couldn’t see eye to eye, that changed a bit when west region juniors got involved with literally two weeks to deadline.

I now believe we have an opportunity and a ready made solution to the administration and discipline issues below tier 6

If the west region juniors and wosfl can sit down and work together then the premiership as is with promotion relegation could go to wosfl , the other three divisions stay west region junior on the proviso that there’s promotion and relegation from wosfl and juniors.

If this could be the case the juniors would also need to evolve and be more proactive especially working with other associations

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Laughable folks think the SFA might be fairer than SJFA or the West Region/WoSL.

Its certainly an interesting development, more so it's being attacked as negative? Is it not possible whatever clubs sat down and did the finances? From a fans point of view (who largely still haven't been canvassed) I want to my team play against the best sides as much as possible, so I think it's a good move with fans going to get a much more competitive product than conferences.

I am surprised with Burnies re-emergence suggesting something else is happening in the background but wont allude to what that is 🤷‍♂️ even if I did entertain all the conspiracy theories about the experienced folk who use to run thing, how is alluding to behind the scenes collusion of unstated individuals making something happening, any different to the very thing you position yourself against??