Conference Call

1 hour ago, thebairns57 said:

Mate you are a new kid on the block. A good guy but you are the spin doctor so to speak and fair play to you for trying. 

This is horrific but not unexpected the whole system as i said is collapsing before it's even got started. Clubs all over must be totally bemused and the ex west region men who will be running the Wosfl (assuming it fully transpires) in years to come must be wondering what the hell they are getting involved in. 

I'm no spin doctor. Pyramid positive? Of course - but (as those who listen to our podcast can attest) I'm quite happy to state my own opinions, pro and con.

The whole system isn't collapsing. What has happened is that WoS clubs have been delivered something other than what was outlined at meetings chaired by the SFA involving the LL, EoS, SoS and WRSJFA. Why didn't the SFA call this out at the time?

I feel bad for clubs who expected promotion to the Superleague in particular. Still - not much we can do now but press on.

9 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

Doesn't work like that buddy. You are in shock denial i understand but the leagues were declared champions only. They won't make a twenty team league either that's just crazy and against the remit. 

aye and we were made joint champions even although everyone knew we would have won the title , there is no way we should not be part of the premiership along with blantyre and cumbernauld 

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

I'm no spin doctor. Pyramid positive? Of course - but (as those who listen to our podcast can attest) I'm quite happy to state my own opinions, pro and con.

The whole system isn't collapsing. What has happened is that WoS clubs have been delivered something other than what was outlined at meetings chaired by the SFA involving the LL, EoS, SoS and WRSJFA. Why didn't the SFA call this out at the time?

I feel bad for clubs who expected promotion to the Superleague in particular. Still - not much we can do now but press on.

I agree with all you have said, but if the suggestion that the SFA has been lobbied by two of the WR Juniors biggest clubs is true, then it doesn't bode well for the future of the WOSFL if such influence allows the SFA to ride roughshod over agreements made between the LL and 67 new entrants to the WOSFL.

Who’d have thought the junior dinosaurs would poison the well when they got their claws into the wosl, i for one am shocked. This is yet another clear example that the juniors moving en masse was an absolutely shite idea. A couple of the older ‘resist change at all cost’ clubs have shat themselves at the money being spent at a lower level and gone running to the sfa. Embarrassing that these clubs are seeking to put self interest above sporting integrity.

So much for the fresh start, and a clear example of why the SJFA and any Junior politics/officialdom should be left far behind.

So the SFA say 64 clubs max at tier 6, that's all they can handle.  WoS (1 season only) = 67, EoS = 18 (back to 16 following season), SoS = 15?  so 100 clubs at tier 6 for one season only, before dropping back to around 48.

Are the governing body of the game saying they cannot handle an extra 36 clubs disciplinary issues for what would probably be a shorter season than normal, a temp a couple of days a week surely isn't beyond their means? or has TJ been doing one last favour for his pals at certain clubs and nudged Maxwell and Petie for one final favour?

Either way some clubs have been royally shafted (Darvel and Blantyre, maybe others) thanks to some people within what was the Junior football family being unable to handle the fact that the old world as they knew it was changing and they had to lower themselves to compete with the small fry for a season.

Clubs need to remember this when you elect the officials to run the WoSFL.

Edited by Burnieman

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

aye and we were made joint champions even although everyone knew we would have won the title , there is no way we should not be part of the premiership along with blantyre and cumbernauld 

I never read anywhere that anyone thought you had won the league??  Ignoring that crazy claim you are obviously in shock at this decision i feel for you  it is what it is you will just need to crack on .

Just now, peasy23 said:

So what happens if the majority of clubs decide they still want everyone in conferences? If that means there is no promotion playoff next season then that's fine with me.

That's a good point. And one that I would be making since there was a chance the overall champion wouldn't be licenced anyway.

So what happens if the majority of clubs decide they still want everyone in conferences? If that means there is no promotion playoff next season then that's fine with me.

Blame the two clubs who were so scared of perhaps not being the financial big boys next year they sought to change the rules. Apparently one clubs manager making begging phone calls to others and running to the sfa when told to f**k off. Absolutely no democratic process to this.

14 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

I never read anywhere that anyone thought you had won the league??  Ignoring that crazy claim you are obviously in shock at this decision i feel for you  it is what it is you will just need to crack on .

i can assure you we wont be cracking on , and we wont accept this , if there is a premier league next season we as it stood would be in it so its up to the beaks to decide who gos down 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

i can assure you we wont be cracking on , and we wont accept this , if there is a premier league next season we as it stood would be in it so its up to the beaks to decide who gos down 

You won't have a choice whether to accept it or not i'm afraid. 

Don't think you are understanding that would only be the case if it was a west region association league. Next season won't be it will be a sfa west of scotland league and they set the rules .

Post up thread saying Conferences would have suited Bot and Lok least... why? Both sides would need to have an utter mare to not finish top 4. Neither side dependent on visiting supporters.

Would have thought bums squeakiest at clubs who would doubt their ability to finish top 4. i.e. established lower half sides in Premiership.