Conference Call

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

From the sounds of it, it's ex-West Region men from two ex-West Region clubs who've pushed for this...

And the sfa are only to happy to agree. 

Let's face it the draw bridge was 3/4 of the way up with a couple of heads peeking up over looking to get in. This pandemic has totally fully slammed the drawbridge shut. 

Add to that the million and one different problems agendas in the nonleague game the pyramid that's been built on quick sand is already sinking and it's a dam shame but was predicted by a few.

Where the non league game goes from here is anyone's guess the top four leagues are in total crisis mode the sfa now become even more of a shambles than the much derided sjfa and it's regional associations. 

11 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

Hearing Talbot and Pollok two clubs that were probably dragged kicking and screaming into it and now want to call the shots, so much for the other clubs breaking away from the juniors , shambles!! 

They are the clubs that would benefit least from having to have a year in a conference system, it was them that sprung to mind for me when I first heard about this 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

if this is happening its shambolic but surely easy solution is 3 teams come up from championship making it 20 team league , after all the sfa want to promote teams from the championship , league1 and league 2 

Surely the easy solution is allowing conferences the same way as was done in the east

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

i agree with you pal but no way if they are doing what they propose that we should not be in top league along with blantyre and cumbernauld 

Mate west clubs have been sold down the river in particular clubs like yourselves. It's happening alright and with the closed shop mentality of the top four leagues and the numerous other problems with the pyramid add to that a pandemic it's heart breaking. Even numerous clubs horrifically going to the wall won't change the sfa and it's established clubs mentality. 

I was so much pro pyramid but even after a few weeks i'm already pining back to the days of a thriving junior scene ( which wasn't that long ago)  without at best a just as bad organisation as the sjfa probably worse! Only thing sfa do better is shine up that turd that bit better .

Edited by thebairns57

Just now, thebairns57 said:

Mate west clubs have been sold down the river in particular clubs like yourselves. It's happening alright and with the closed shop mentality of the top four leagues and the numerous other problems with the pyramid add to that a pandemic it's heart breaking. Even numerous clubs horrifically going to the wall won't change the sfa and it's established clubs mentality. 

I was so much pro pyramid but even after a few weeks i'm already pining back to the days of a thriving junior scene without at best a just as bad organisation as the sjfa probably worse! Only thing sfa do better is shine up that turd that bit better .

Seriously mate, dial down the hyperbole. You're doing yourself no favours other than outing yourself as the forum Helen Lovejoy.

There has still been a west pyramid league set up. The structure is coming together. Yes, I agree perhaps the structure isn't ideal, but these are unprecedented times with the pandemic. Christ, we don't even know if there's going to be any football this year.

Changes to the ingrained system was always going to be a slow process. In an ideal world, everything would have been ripped up and a more logical/fair structure planned, but you've got to work with what you've got. You need to be pragmatic.

18 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

Surely all this should’ve been sorted and agreed before clubs signed up to joining the new SFA league structure? This is an utter shambles! 

Back to the SJFA anyone? 🤔

To be fair, the WoSFL have always said, and even put on their website:

"Before making any firm decisions on the structure of the West of Scotland Football League we want to hear what our Clubs think. "

Obviously, two clubs have thought slightly differently and gone to the SFA. I do think the SFA have made an inappropriate decision here and I wouldn't be surprised if there is suddenly a change of heart from them...

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

Yup. The WoS will now proceed with a 'Premier' of 17 teams (Superleague plus Bonnyton), with conferences in the tier below.

The rationale being offered by the SFA is that "adding the entire WoSFL to the SFA Judicial Panel Protocol is not feasible due to resource issues". Only the top flight will be added, while the WoS itself will look after Tier 7.

I suppose we had kinda forgotten about the whole "only 16 clubs at tier 6" thing from the SFA... :oops

To be fair, I can see why some tier 6 clubs might not want it - too many one sided games and the very real possibility that Talbot might not play their club again if they are promoted straightaway, a bit like Bo'ness and Linlithgow only having one derby in the last two seasons. The West Region management committee has really made a c**t of it with their decision to award the leagues though - with Mcbookie not paying out and now no relegation from the Premiership.

Anyway, here's the updated First Division conferences with the tier 6 clubs removed, using PPG and snake split. No doubt it'll be more competitive and big fight to get top 5 for a place in tier 7.

First Division Conferences

A B C
Blantyre Victoria Darvel Cumbernauld United
Neilston Juniors Renfrew Shotts Bon Accord
Kilsyth Rangers Dalry Thistle Arthurlie
St Roch's Gartcairn Juniors Whitletts Victoria
Petershill Cambuslang Rangers Craigmark Burntonians
Ardrossan Winton R. Shettleston Irvine Victoria
Lanark United Port Glasgow Juniors Lesmahagow Juniors
Glasgow Perthshire Greenock Juniors Bellshill Athletic
Larkhall Thistle Carluke Rovers Girvan
Wishaw Juniors Kello Rovers Maryhill
East Kilbride Thistle Royal Albert Johnstone Burgh
Vale of Leven Ashfield Muirkirk Juniors
Yoker Athletic Thorniewood United Forth Wanderers
Vale of Clyde Annbank United Maybole Juniors
St Anthony's Newmains United Saltcoats Victoria
Glasgow University Ardeer Thistle Lugar Boswell Thistle
Drumchapel St Cadoc's  

Edited by Ginaro

9 minutes ago, qwerty said:

If they can decide titles on average points then surely they can relegate the teams sitting in the bottom 2 places in premiership 

Can understand your frustration and agree that the three teams should be promoted but in all honesty the teams in the lower area of premier should not be disadvantaged as no relegation or promotion was mention when leagues were closed and officially the juniors no longer exist 

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Anyway, here's the updated First Division conferences with the tier 6 clubs removed, using PPG and snake split. No doubt it'll be more competitive and big fight to get top 4 for a place in tier 7.

First Division Conferences

A B C
Blantyre Victoria Darvel Cumbernauld United
Neilston Juniors Renfrew Shotts Bon Accord
Kilsyth Rangers Dalry Thistle Arthurlie
St Roch's Gartcairn Juniors Whitletts Victoria
Petershill Cambuslang Rangers Craigmark Burntonians
Ardrossan Winton R. Shettleston Irvine Victoria
Lanark United Port Glasgow Juniors Lesmahagow Juniors
Glasgow Perthshire Greenock Juniors Bellshill Athletic
Larkhall Thistle Carluke Rovers Girvan
Wishaw Juniors Kello Rovers Maryhill
East Kilbride Thistle Royal Albert Johnstone Burgh
Vale of Leven Ashfield Muirkirk Juniors
Yoker Athletic Thorniewood United Forth Wanderers
Vale of Clyde Annbank United Maybole Juniors
St Anthony's Newmains United Saltcoats Victoria
Glasgow University Ardeer Thistle Lugar Boswell Thistle
Drumchapel St Cadoc's  

Surely if it’s done this way it will just be the top club from each one promoted with three coming down 

3 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

Can understand your frustration and agree that the three teams should be promoted but in all honesty the teams in the lower area of premier should not be disadvantaged as no relegation or promotion was mention when leagues were closed and officially the juniors no longer exist 

Spot on. 

The leagues have been declared champions only. It's done and the decision will stand it has to . Top three clubs in championship will feel hard done by but what do you expect when the sfa get involved . 

The head men at the west juniors will be running the wosfl shortly the chap from Auchinleck,  chap from Pollok,  chap kilbirnie,  fixture man Kenny and probably fyfee they know what they are doing,  they know the region and people involved. 

They will get on with what has been decided. 

Edited by thebairns57

4 hours ago, geo87 said:

I think if you have 1-2 boys a year establishing themselves as regulars then that is an excellent return, especially when you have had the relative success of BSC over the last few seasons.

Are all 8-10 still at the club or have any moved on?

Don’t quote me on this but I believe we still have 1 player (Spencer Brown) on our books. The rest have moved on. I do agree if you can bring one or two through a year your doing very well. The reality is though you might get lucky and get a batch of 2 to 4 players come through from one group then go a season or two before you get players of a standard good enough to make the step up.

3 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

Surely if it’s done this way it will just be the top club from each one promoted with three coming down 

Yes but then you need to form a tier 7 league (the current Championship level) so you need to take the top 5 from each conference to make a 16-team league. Those outside the top 5 will go to tiers 8 and 9 - or just tier 8 if they decide on regional leagues.

19 minutes ago, qwerty said:

If they can decide titles on average points then surely they can relegate the teams sitting in the bottom 2 places in premiership 

23 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

I was so much pro pyramid but even after a few weeks i'm already pining back to the days of a thriving junior scene ( which wasn't that long ago)  without at best a just as bad organisation as the sjfa probably worse! Only thing sfa do better is shine up that turd that bit better .

kirkintilloch and rutherglen were all but gone and should get relegated , if no relegation promote 3 teams from champioship and make 20 team league , leagues wont start in all probability this year so play everyone once and have a 19 game league season 

Applications to join the South of Scotland league for the 20/21 season close on the 30th of April Clubs play in the league from around Dumfries & Galloway and Glasgow! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Emails to league secretary Richard for more information: richard.osborne1962@gmail.com

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

kirkintilloch and rutherglen were all but gone and should get relegated , if no relegation promote 3 teams from champioship and make 20 team league , leagues wont start in all probability this year so play everyone once and have a 19 game league season 

Doesn't work like that buddy. You are in shock denial i understand but the leagues were declared champions only. They won't make a twenty team league either that's just crazy and against the remit. 

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

There is a flip-side to this.

With the WoS now on board, a united non-league setup will become harder and harder to ignore. The SPFL had to give in to a rump LL and HFL - we will force them to implement automatic relegation eventually if we all speak as one.

To me this is the key. The challenges we face are great but together our voice is stronger and the more we continue to grow and develop the more headlines we make. Eventually they will have no choice but to listen.