SPFL to play out games

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I still call it the Premier Division. It was called that for 20 odd years and there's no way I'm changing to this modern pish.

It's like all these auld c***s on about shys, inside lefts and outside rights. Move with the times and just call it by it's current name, it's not hard.

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

I like ‘SPL’. Much better than the SPFL Premiership.
Think we should rename the top league when reconstruction happens. And if it doesn’t, and we don’t, I don’t care either way. Take that.

Agreed, some of the c***s on here seem to love this Neil Doncaster SPFL pish. I bet they all got tiny  erections when the 1st division was renamed the championship.  

What's the problem with someone calling the Scottish top flight the SPL? Who cares? We all know what is being referred to.
Seems any time someone does it these days there are people ready to jump up and down. Why?
Nobody flips it when someone refers to the English top flight as the Premiership.

It is the Scottish premier league even if it’s not the Scottish Premier League

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

I can see one particular club coming up with many issues around completing the season despite saying it's what they wanted.

The season should be binned.

Who knows what celtic will come up with mate, tbh I can't see them binning the season unless they get the title, the Scottish cup and the great British bake off cup.

Always knew that deep down you were pretty decent, you've renewed my sense of hope in Scottish football. 

16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Moronic OP. Would not surprise me if the Barclays starts back behind closed doors but they have a multi million TV Deal to subsidise for the lack of fans. We barely have a penny to rub together in tv money. Stupid.

really , read any online news channel , web site. hibs boss ect ect . crawl back under your rock please

13 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

1st division, 2nd division etc.

I've had a real bellyfull of the Scottish football authorities copying English names all the time, like premiership and championship. Even "premier" was a copy of the Northern Premier League. We named our top tier after their seventh tier.

If the leagues are reconstructed we should borrow names from elsewhere in Europe.

I'd go for Superliga, Eerste Divisie & Serie C.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

28 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've had a real bellyfull of the Scottish football authorities copying English names all the time, like premiership and championship. Even "premier" was a copy of the Northern Premier League. We named our top tier after their seventh tier.

If the leagues are reconstructed we should borrow names from elsewhere in Europe.

Top Table, Diddy League, Seaside League

I am pretty sure that when the idea of a Premier Division in Scottish football started in the 1970s, it did not come from some English non-league division that nobody had ever heard of.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

That's not been disputed by anyone. The issue has been the OP getting it wrong which underlines his poor understanding of the issues, which he restated in every post.