Gangs Of London

6 hours ago, taurus said:

where can I see this ?

If you've got a Smart TV, X Box, Playstation etc... you can get a Now TV trial for a free week and watch it there then cancel if you don't want to keep it

Edited by Bert Raccoon

On 07/05/2020 at 18:13, jimmy boo said:
On 07/05/2020 at 18:07, Dele said:
Quite a few twists in that series, huh? emoji38.png

Watched the last one today. Then had to Google for an explanation of the ending!!

Definitely been left open for a second season which I’m glad about. It took me a minute to realise who the woman with the pram in the graveyard was. 

Didn't have high hopes after the first episode, the fight in the pub was like a scene from Rush Hour. And there hasn’t been an ashtray sitting on a London bar for at least 8 years. 

Do the stupid action movie fights and violence calm down after episode 2?

The Kung Fu fight, the bucket scene and the abattoir were terrible but topped off by the 80s Hollywood style shoot out at the end of Ep2

I can't work out if it is trying to be a serious drama or a gory action movie. Looks like they are just trying to cram in too many different styles into one series. 

If it doesn't calm down can file it with McMafia for me, good premise but terrible execution. 

They calm down to an almost believable level - still a distinct lack of police in the program though. What it loses in crazy fight scenes it makes up for in plot twists. Feels like one every 20 minutes from ep 4 onwards. 

I wouldn't file it under a great watch - or even that good of a watch. I did last the whole series though. I'd keep at it. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

They calm down to an almost believable level - still a distinct lack of police in the program though. What it loses in crazy fight scenes it makes up for in plot twists. Feels like one every 20 minutes from ep 4 onwards. 

I wouldn't file it under a great watch - or even that good of a watch. I did last the whole series though. I'd keep at it. 

The lack of police and the amount of shit going on in their house that would’ve resulted in one of the neighbours calling them, and the house having guards out the front made it a bit too stupid for my liking. By the last couple of episodes I was just getting bored as it seemed to go off on a tangent and stop making sense, although I’d binged a few episodes and was tired. No idea what the last episode was all about to be honest.

Thought the first episode set this up for a cracking series but I'm thinking of chucking it after episode 3. I don't think I've seen a more ridiculous opening scene and it went downhill from there. Does it recover enough after this to make it worthwhile?

Thought the first episode set this up for a cracking series but I'm thinking of chucking it after episode 3. I don't think I've seen a more ridiculous opening scene and it went downhill from there. Does it recover enough after this to make it worthwhile?
Stick with it until you've seen episode 5 at least.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 15:12, jimmy boo said:

The shoot out at the farmhouse in the middle of nowhere in episode 5 is worth watching even if you don't watch any others.

Have just got to that episode, and to be honest, thought it was pretty shit.