What do you want for Scottish Football?

What do you want for Scottish Football?

OK this goes over some other points I have raised in previous threads, But I think this is a separate thread because I am asking what do you guys want for Scottish football in the totality?

Basically do you want Scottish football to do well?

Here is what I want;

What I want is a league that punches above it’s weight in European club competitions, develops great players for the Scotland team, and attracts top players to play in Scotland, Scottish and foreign.

That is where I stand. I am a proud Scottish football fan who wants Scottish football to do well, and be known throughout the world as a great football power, in developing players and coaches.

I also want bigotry, division, and sectarianism to go away.  

I think the problem with Scottish football is that some people do not want any of that. All they care about is their own team, and everything else can fail underneath that.

They would rather have a league which gets crowds of four figures at most, if their own team can win the league. I cannot go with that. I would rather my team do not win the league, if the other side is that the league is of a high standard and Scotland produces top clubs and players.

You get people who put forward dumb ideas like;

1)     Saying every team in Scotland should be part time. When all that would do is make sure no great international players ever come to, or stay in Scotland. Let me reiterate I love the part time level in Scottish football, but it will not attract the top players to Scotland. We would never get the Larssons, Laudrups or Gattussos coming to Scotland ever again. The part time sides can develop great players, but the great players won’t stay, and the Scottish clubs would never get further than the qualifying rounds for the Europa League or Champions League. Why would anyone want just  that? I want good part time sides but also top elite clubs who can attract great players.

2)     Saying Celtic and Rangers should join the English League. When all that would do is take away attendances, and tv rights, and sponsorship away from the Scottish game. And add to the superiority of the English game over the Scottish game. The Scottish League would quickly be as wealthy as the Welsh or Irish Leagues. With all respect to them.

3)     Saying we should have more revenue sharing in Scottish football. When all that would do is mean the big clubs would have no motivation to build big stadiums. Because their money would go to other clubs. So their attendances would get lower and the league would be poorer. And people in Scotland would support other country’s clubs. Like you get in Wales, and Ireland.

4)     Supporting foreign sides against Scottish sides. They decide to prove how Scottish they are by supporting any club that plays another Scottish side. So they would rather their own country’s sides lose and yet the next minute we are supposed to take their views seriously on how to reform Scottish football are sincerely thought out, when they already admit they want other Scottish teams to lose and be rubbish.

5)     Wanting their rival clubs to be closed down, be that Hearts V Hibs, or Celtic V Rangers. They would rather the league loses big clubs, because they hate their rivals so much. And yet the next minute we are supposed to take their view on what reforms should happen in Scottish football seriously to develop Scottish football.

6)     They talk about football integrity above the quality of football. This ties in with the previous point. They want their rival club closed down on some spurious basis that it would make people admire Scottish football for having a league with integrity. Which is utter nonsense. No one has a league table of leagues with the highest integrity. Football is about who has the best club sides or international sides. A real fan wants their club to have that or nation to have that.

7)     They hate all the big clubs. I know of some fans who hate the bigger clubs, and justify it on some sore point from 20 years ago. So their Scottish identity is now founded on wanting Scottish clubs to lose in Europe and lose to foreign sides.

8)     They hate the idea of B or C sides of the big sides playing in the lower leagues, because they would rather Scotland does not produce top players than a part time team finish 7 or 8 places lower in the league, because of big sides having B or C sides in the league.

9)     They support foreign sides full stop. They do not care about Scottish football, and support non -Scottish sides as their favorite sides. I think Scottish people should support Scottish sides. So we can support our football system, and economy. We should not hate other countries or clubs but we should support our Scottish sides. Let me point out we should not hate English people.

Summary -

So I want a league that keeps the big sides like Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Motherwell in the league. That grows to be major force in European soccer, that has cross border cups with the English on top of European and domestic soccer, but that also keeps it’s own league. And above all where we have a successful international side that does well in major tournaments.

So that is my view. I know I have probably annoyed, and bored a lot of people with my views.

Now I want people to put their views!

What do you want for Scottish football. Specifically, do you want Scotland to do well? Do you want Scottish football clubs to do well in Europe? And if not why do you think your views on how to reform Scottish football should be taken seriously, when you are more interested in destroying other Scottish clubs and destroying the quality of player in the national side?

Sorry if my post offends people. 

2 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

You get people who put forward dumb ideas like;

1)     Saying every team in Scotland should be part time. When all that would do is make sure no great international players ever come to, or stay in Scotland. Let me reiterate I love the part time level in Scottish football, but it will not attract the top players to Scotland. We would never get the Larssons, Laudrups or Gattussos coming to Scotland ever again (These players happened the best part of 25 years ago. Larsson came as a Feyenoord reject, Gatusso was a complete unknown and Laudrup failed to make the grade in Italy. Laurdrup had a reputation but he was Thorgan Hazard to Eden Hazard). The part time sides can develop great players, but the great players won’t stay, and the Scottish clubs would never get further than the qualifying rounds for the Europa League or Champions League. Why would anyone want just  that? I want good part time sides but also top elite clubs who can attract great players.

2)     Saying Celtic and Rangers should join the English League. When all that would do is take away attendances, and tv rights, and sponsorship away from the Scottish game. And add to the superiority of the English game over the Scottish game. The Scottish League would quickly be as wealthy as the Welsh or Irish Leagues. With all respect to them. (No it wouldn't as Scottish football attracts significantly more supporters than these leagues)

3)     Saying we should have more revenue sharing in Scottish football. When all that would do is mean the big clubs would have no motivation to build big stadiums. Because their money would go to other clubs. So their attendances would get lower and the league would be poorer. And people in Scotland would support other country’s clubs. Like you get in Wales, and Ireland. (Football is ingrained in Scottish society, Ireland and Wales have competing sports that are as big, if not bigger than football. Irish fans supporting English teams dates back to the 70s and most Welsh fans support English football as the 4 biggest clubs in Wales play in the English system...nothing is comparable in Scotland)

4)     Supporting foreign sides against Scottish sides. They decide to prove how Scottish they are by supporting any club that plays another Scottish side. So they would rather their own country’s sides lose and yet the next minute we are supposed to take their views seriously on how to reform Scottish football are sincerely thought out, when they already admit they want other Scottish teams to lose and be rubbish. (A completely irrelevant point.....how does this improve Scottish football?)

5)     Wanting their rival clubs to be closed down, be that Hearts V Hibs, or Celtic V Rangers. They would rather the league loses big clubs, because they hate their rivals so much. And yet the next minute we are supposed to take their view on what reforms should happen in Scottish football seriously to develop Scottish football.

6)     They talk about football integrity above the quality of football. This ties in with the previous point. They want their rival club closed down on some spurious basis that it would make people admire Scottish football for having a league with integrity. Which is utter nonsense. No one has a league table of leagues with the highest integrity. Football is about who has the best club sides or international sides. A real fan wants their club to have that or nation to have that. (Points 5 and 6 are the exact same but just different levels of howling at the moon - what exactly does your clear issues with supporters have to do with actually improving Scottish football?)

7)     They hate all the big clubs. I know of some fans who hate the bigger clubs, and justify it on some sore point from 20 years ago. So their Scottish identity is now founded on wanting Scottish clubs to lose in Europe and lose to foreign sides. (This is point 4 again....are you legitimately trying to argue against tribalism in football? Are you sure you're on the right website to try and frame this point?)

8)     They hate the idea of B or C sides of the big sides playing in the lower leagues, because they would rather Scotland does not produce top players than a part time team finish 7 or 8 places lower in the league, because of big sides having B or C sides in the league. (You are effectively diminishing the importance of the teams you are claiming to stand up for if you are trying to advocate for the introduction of colt sides into the league. You pretend you are championing their cause but will happily allow fans who have followed their side for 30,40, 50 years, reduced to playing Ross County or St. Mirren reserves? Why? What does that do for the greater good? Why does that help supporters of clubs at the lowest level?)

9)     They support foreign sides full stop. They do not care about Scottish football, and support non -Scottish sides as their favorite sides. I think Scottish people should support Scottish sides. So we can support our football system, and economy. We should not hate other countries or clubs but we should support our Scottish sides. Let me point out we should not hate English people. (Thanks for clarifying that last point.....please provide examples of anti-English hatred on here.....please don't mistake hatred of English people as the schadenfreude that comes with watching them get pumped out of the world cup)

I really shouldn't bother - but a quick dissection of your stupid points of view.

To summarise - your ideas are a load of shite with no basis in actual fact but solely opinion. 

Who is this absolute gimp?

Anyway, Celtic and Sevco would die and be never return in an ideal world. If we can't have, they'd at least f**k off to play in England or some European league.

Imagine being so arrogant that you think people not agreeing with your terrible ideas on improving Scottish football means that they hate Scottish football.

Anyone who seriously believes that putting colt teams into tier 4 would have a noticeable impact on the quality of the national team or would draw crowds of 20,000 - 30,000 as you claimed in your other thread is completely clueless. We don't hate Scottish football, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Did he really say the Celtgers weans would attract 20K-30K?  :o

Even if it became their 'B' teams (which it would, and is a big part of why they're so keen on the idea), nobody's turning out for that. Imagine voluntarily turning your league into fitness training for the players Celtgers have stockpiled from their rivals.