Best and worst shirt sponsors

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The now sadly departed Sammy Conn,  is shaking hands with TG and it's around 1986.  but the other players will need some Wiki research.

Vic Kasule is jumping up at the back!

On 30/04/2020 at 22:13, 8MileBU said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but fairly sure Umbro made and sponsored these : 

C546BBA9-27D2-496A-9E54-4A5B71551D16.jpeg

CF913C90-BF44-4285-9B0B-D148C835219B.jpeg

I was going to post this one. Though the kits we have now with Dafabet on the front and Magners on the back look s****e. 

I think that was during the time we couldn't get a sponsor for the shirts so they just decided to ruin a decent kit completely and embarrassingly put Umbro on the front for a few extra quid rather than just leave it blank! 

I'm not a fan of having sponsors emblazoned across the shirt, but I loved this one, where we had Tennents keep it small and in the corner. Super kit that season.

a0b00dc7a178b28418a14f4aa5ee8e1b.jpg

52 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

I was going to post this one. Though the kits we have now with Dafabet on the front and Magners on the back look s****e. 

I think that was during the time we couldn't get a sponsor for the shirts so they just decided to ruin a decent kit completely and embarrassingly put Umbro on the front for a few extra quid rather than just leave it blank! 

I'm not a fan of having sponsors emblazoned across the shirt, but I loved this one, where we had Tennents keep it small and in the corner. Super kit that season.

FTFY 😋

214ED638-F174-475F-AA75-385D3343BD2A.jpeg

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Vic Kasule is jumping up at the back!

I thought he was there and I came across a colour photo of the 1986 squad,  on the net and indeed Vic was there .A few years ago I was at a Rovers game and Vic was chatting to all the fans and he appears to be a Rovers legend.  I had great difficulty identifying the others . I think another Airdrie legend, Sam Goodwin is in the photo as a Director of the club. As to the sponsor it was a local engineering company and it did produce some gentle humour.

5 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Absolutely

Great player, great strip, won a cup in it and designed by a Buddie...........what’s not to like?

As the world's first ever club to wear black and white vertical stripes, we've had more scope than anyone else to have a few stinkers along the way but that 2012/13 strip is just about perfection in the design of a  striped shirt.

Hey @pozbaird 

Spoiler

I'm expecting a greenie for that :P

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

As the world's first ever club to wear black and white vertical stripes, we've had more scope than anyone else to have a few stinkers along the way but that 2012/13 strip is just about perfection in the design of a  striped shirt.

Hey @pozbaird 

Hide contents

I'm expecting a greenie for that :P

The least I can do. 🙂

I remember hating the yellow sweatshirt with Hydrasun (no... me either) emblazoned on it.

I would now sell my children to get my hands on one.

Clark Gillies on Twitter: "Story of this is quite interesting. R ...

Also, Miller and Kennedy...  You can just hear the ladies going 'Why Mr Darcy!'

Yours, that must be the greatest collection of humans ever assembled in one place.

aDONis 

Edited by aDONisSheep

Just seen the full image. It's not as bad as the above photo suggests, but still bad and definitely ruins what looks to be a really nice top.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Bottom one didnt see the light of day did it? They're both ridiculously small time, kind of shite you'd expect to see the Dees in.

It did aye, I've got one.

Someone created a petition to change it but it didnt work. 

Evidence...

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2cb9ba3340ed41c6d3028a00374d93f4.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

I remember hating the yellow sweatshirt with Hydrasun (no... me either) emblazoned on it.
I would now sell my children to get my hands on one.
Dz7D4OMVYAAk983.jpg&key=b124f1d1c839bab613114a69fe646db0ed847614c36cf85e48799c1f0d7865c7
Also, Miller and Kennedy...  You can just hear the ladies going 'Why Mr Darcy!'
Yours, that must be the greatest collection of humans ever assembled in one place.
aDONis 

Hydrasun supplies high pressure hoses and couplings for the oil industry