Best and worst shirt sponsors

On 26/04/2020 at 22:36, Aim Here said:

'Spaghettihad' isn't exactly ridicule, though. The term was coined as a rather clever compliment at Livingston's rather decent form at home, while also acknowledging the incongruous sponsorship deal for Almondvale. It's neither deprecating nor self-deprecating.

Exactly, and it really took off after we gubbed Hearts 5-0 at home too.

I wasn't particularly chuffed when this mob sponsored the mighty Well... 

image.png.3ba1857bb0dae3604511c62f2fa6cbb2.png

because I'm fairly sure my car stereo went through their books shortly after it got nicked... 
But actually the swooshy arrow logo and text isn't horrible at all, and integrates quite nicely with the design of the shirt.

Now here's an interesting one...  

image.png.5b778a7972ea4106e0adf2d7f4bccbc0.png

The Paddy Power 'unsponsored' kit.   Aesthetically it's great.   The away top is fantastic.  And freedom from silly logos at last! 
Unfortunately i have one odd psychological issue with it: without a sponsor it looks like a training kit rather than the official shirt of 2019/20. 
The home kit ends up looking a bit... unfinished?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

On 28/04/2020 at 16:54, ATLIS said:

We had Intelligent Finance on the front of our tops and on our stadium when we went into administration - that probably tops the lot.

Intelligent Finance stayed with us for a couple of years after admin; unfortunately that was during the time the Pearse Flynn took over and then the downward spiral really happened.

Remember the "City Finance" sponsorship - a slight amendment to the first word and I think you'd really have something. 

because I'm fairly sure my car stereo went through their books shortly after it got nicked... 
But actually the swooshy arrow logo and text isn't horrible at all, and integrates quite nicely with the design of the shirt.

The Paddy Power 'unsponsored' kit.   Aesthetically it's great.   The away top is fantastic.  And freedom from silly logos at last! 
Unfortunately i have one odd psychological issue with it: without a sponsor it looks like a training kit rather than the official shirt of 2019/20. 

I agree. Can only presume that Paddy Power made you put the claret band across the front to make it very clear that there wasn't a sponsor too, would look better just with pinstripes all the way down.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I agree. Can only presume that Paddy Power made you put the claret band across the front to make it very clear that there wasn't a sponsor too, would look better just with pinstripes all the way down.

That wasn’t the reason, that’s what a Motherwell strip looks like

4 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Loan sharks and bookies. What next,  Buckfast, knives?

5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

It's better than Wonga

If someone saw that without prior knowledge and was told that "cash converters" was a bureau de change or POS tech startup or something they'd probably think it was a great shirt.

Also Motherwell shirts in general with their chest level hoop are a good design because they're more forgiving on people who don't have the waistline of a professional sportsman. 

10 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Always thought this one was ok. Maybe because it looks like an Ayr top. Well apart from the Scottish Cup Final bit obviously.

Seventeen-year-old-Paul-Lambert-with-Billy-Abercromby-at-St-Mirren-in-May-1987.jpg

Yes definitely one of the better ones I've seen from them, possibly the only non horrific one?  Pinstripes generally make for good kits, with the only exception being our one 3-4 years ago with different coloured sleeves.

Back to the theme, the sponsor on that buddies top is shocking, even being able to see the pinstripes through the cheap material it's sewn onto.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes definitely one of the better ones I've seen from them, possibly the only non horrific one?  Pinstripes generally make for good kits, with the only exception being our one 3-4 years ago with different coloured sleeves.

Back to the theme, the sponsor on that buddies top is shocking, even being able to see the pinstripes through the cheap material it's sewn onto.

Och STFU

Steven Thompson agrees new contract with St Mirren - Daily Record

IMG_1004.JPG.4876cc9fca5a602290779fcafb96a7c7.JPG
Best sponsor. Actually added to the strip.

IMG_1005.JPG.b0cedad8152906770ae451018e4b6a51.JPG
Worst sponsor. Looks like a speech bubble out of the beano.

IMG_1003.JPG.c1e7fbb07b22bc677392e78c81da855a.JPG
This year's is a cracker. We've actually made a recycling/ skip company look great. One of the worst things about covid19 is the fact that we only got to experience this masterpiece for three quarters of a season.  

True.

But the template is about 4 seasons old. QOS had a grey/illuminous yellow number.

5 hours ago, G-MAN said:

True.

But the template is about 4 seasons old. QOS had a grey/illuminous yellow number.

Rumour goes our contracted manufacturer BLK didnt supply kits by their scheduled dates, so the club were forced to try and find the cheapest, quickest, kits they could get at the last minute.

A batch of Macron shirts that were taken out of circulation a year before we got them presumably the best option.

The kits weren't even shown until pre-season had already started, and the players didnt have the full kit until halfway through the Betfred Group Stage.

• 4 weeks later...

The Visit Rwanda patches on Arsenal sleeves look awful.... especially since anyone over 35 just knows it as a place where a horrible genocide happened and virtually no other reason.

36 minutes ago, weeto said:

The Visit Rwanda patches on Arsenal sleeves look awful.... especially since anyone over 35 just knows it as a place where a horrible genocide happened and virtually no other reason.

Is that the blood splattered strip?