Best and worst shirt sponsors

On 24/04/2020 at 19:03, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think you’ve misread

I like Save The Children

I didn’t like Wonga

The idea was for people to choose both a favourite and least favourite sponsor.

It appears that people prefer to say which ones they hate. Which is good because people are always more entertaining slagging off their own club than other people’s

Completely miss read it.  Sorry for that.  I'm happy that we are doing that, though there are one or two dissenting voices thinking it's part of budge's plans to soften the club etc.  I'm critical of a few things she has done but not that.   I don't think we have, but we haven't done that old firm thing were we have had the same sponsor as that lot? 

Edited by HooseLee

Rangers fan so McEwan’s Lager as the best (it’s iconic as it’s related to a period of massive success) but hated the ntl shirts which had ntl home broadband on them.  Was just too big and clumsy compared to the standard ntl logo

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Falkirk FC + Budvar = perfect. 

Christ only knows why, I’m not a Falkirk fan, but for whatever reason, I just automatically link Falkirk with Budvar, and it seems right.

I link Falkirk and not getting promoted for their lack of seats as rightl.

Gotta be Wonga for worst what a bunch of cretins.  And tied for first is Save the Children as its a great cause and Stongbow for longevity and its iconic.

Strongbow now sponsor one of the more affordable hospitality suites. It’s basically a nostalgic shrine dedicated to late ‘90s hearts

On 25/04/2020 at 19:59, Dele said:

Definitely worst. There is nothing worse when folk get ridiculed and then try to take the patter on as self deprecating to prove just how much it doesn't bother them. 

'Spaghettihad' isn't exactly ridicule, though. The term was coined as a rather clever compliment at Livingston's rather decent form at home, while also acknowledging the incongruous sponsorship deal for Almondvale. It's neither deprecating nor self-deprecating.

I like Save the Children, it's obviously a good cause and nice to be linked with but the actual logo is inoffensive as well.  Though Strongbow is my favourite, it's iconic and was the sponsor throughout my chikdhood.

Wonga is the worst, easily.  Bunch of c***s and the blue box was horrible even on good kits.