Best and worst shirt sponsors

Dundee sponsors have a worse track record of going bust than we do.

We've had 16 sponsors on the front of our shirt. The following companies have either went bust or aren't exactly thriving:

Novafone Cellular, Kelly's Copiers, Auto Windscreens (Re-opened in 2011 as a new company), The Firkin Brewery, Scottish Hydro (Merged to become SSE), jsearch, Signatures4U, Bukta & Hangar Records all seem to have disappeared in their original form.

Companies still going:

Ceramic Tile Warehouse, Magners, Viga (Somehow!), Kilmac (They take a big role with the club), McEwan Fraser & Switch. The last 3 of which are from the 5 years. History doesn't favour them.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Think we've been lucky in our shirt sponsors. Can't think of any that were bad in the design. Couple were downright iconic, especially Landmark.

Current one is good and nicely understated.

Landmark was a beauty. Purvis and SRJ have incorporated their logo quite well into the strips.  Probably the worst was the autoglass/rac ones. It was fine as just autoglass but the combined logo wasn’t good.

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Dundee sponsors have a worse track record of going bust than we do.

We've had 16 sponsors on the front of our shirt. The following companies have either went bust or aren't exactly thriving:

Novafone Cellular, Kelly's Copiers, Auto Windscreens (Re-opened in 2011 as a new company), The Firkin Brewery, Scottish Hydro (Merged to become SSE), jsearch, Signatures4U, Bukta & Hangar Records all seem to have disappeared in their original form.

Companies still going:

Ceramic Tile Warehouse, Magners, Viga (Somehow!), Kilmac (They take a big role with the club), McEwan Fraser & Switch. The last 3 of which are from the 5 years. History doesn't favour them.

How are Forfar Roof Truss going?

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How are Forfar Roof Truss going?

I'd blocked them out considering that season!

They still seem to be on the go though. Probably paid us less than any other sponsor as they won a raffle! :lol:

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That new hibs shirt made me think...

What brands have made you cringe when they’ve associated themselves with your club and which have been welcome?

I used to think that the UNICEF logo n the Barca shirt was cool so I liked it when we got “Save the Children” almost as much as I hated “Wonga” on the jersey

I think wonga is the worst we've had.  Not a criticism but why the dislike for save the children?  Too Ann budge?  

I think wonga is the worst we've had.  Not a criticism but why the dislike for save the children?  Too Ann budge?  

I think you’ve misread

I like Save The Children

I didn’t like Wonga

The idea was for people to choose both a favourite and least favourite sponsor.

It appears that people prefer to say which ones they hate. Which is good because people are always more entertaining slagging off their own club than other people’s

28 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

The Aberdeen home shirt from 1989, was the best one the jvc  went perfectly with kit,.

Smart that.  Reminds of Sharp on Man U and Phillips on Ajax.

I liked electronic companies when I was wee.

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Nice to see Thistle promoting great Scottish cuisine back in the 80s.20200424_180231.jpeg

Morton's rolls are the best rolls tbf. 

Best sponsor was Textile World. Some utterly stupendous kits during that era.

Worst was Just Employment Law. Utter mince.

How did Northsound get the money to sponsor Aberdeen? I suppose in the 90s regional radio stations had a lot more financial clout than they have now, but still.

On the music scene, I think Chvrches sponsored ethier Whitburn or Fauldhouse as shirt sponsors last season?

Although it's an iconic jersey being sponsored by Rover for us is a bit of minter - considering they are utter awful cars. We've been sponsored by a lot of "Home" oriented companies recently, Calor Gas, Anglican Home Improvements, McEwan Fraser (Estate agents) and Utilita.