B or Colt teams in the Lower Leagues.

16 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I think it is time we allowed the big sides, or all Premier sides to put second teams in the lower divisions.

...aaaaaaand we're done.

Curious, though - are you that Darren bloke who used to produce threads like this every so often, despite having no interest in Scottish football?

obviuolly in competite matches is where young players can develop better, Maybe the big problem is teams which sign players for the youth side older than usual, or players who dont play in the first team, or players for helping to achieve the target instead of for develop them

here in Spain the colt teams are inside the system, but some teams sign lot of players with 23/26 years for the youth team (they will never play for the first team), but they are better than others in the same division, so the "B" team promote with expensive players for the division (but never will play for the first team).

y rembember some years ago that barca "b" was the last in 3th division, in winter market signed 8/10 players with 24 years from 2th division, play and obviusly they save the season, but they never played for the first team, but played before than others with 18/20 years who could play for first team in the future....

real madrid (reiner or rodrygo) or villarreal usually do the same thing. sign players who cost the doble than the budget of the rest of the team together....

for instance my local team ud logroñes, is in 3th division, played against colt teams like athletic or real sociedad (they use to play with only young players)

IMO a solution could be allow the colt teams inside the system, but they ONLY could play with u21 players who have played for the youth teams (u16, u18) unless 2or 2 years

Also does anyone still actually care about the Scottish National team more than their own club?

If given the choice between watching Accies scrape to 10th place with a boring 0-0 draw against St Mirren and avoid relegation or seeing Scotland qualifying and getting out the group stages of a major tournament, I’d choose Hamilton avoiding relegation every day of the week.

National football is an inconvenience imo.

How is this absolute nonsense still getting brought up? 1000% no. There are literally no benefits to it. For starters, any half decent youth prospects at the Old Firm will be loaned to the Championship or one of the English diddy leagues, would they f**k be going to League 2 to play against plumbers and taxi drivers every week. So, you’d end up with a team of Celtic & Rangers regens that’ll likely never get anywhere near the first teams, never mind international football, stinking out divisions at the expense of actual football clubs.

The attendances has to be the worst argument going. Was certainly a fucking Celtic in Seville following for their youth team while they were bodied out of the Challenge Cup wasn’t it?  Or Rangers Colts who actually made it to a semi final. Yes, they’d turn up for the “big” games their teams are involved in, but as mentioned above, they’re absolute garbage and are unlikely to actually be involved in games of any real importance. Old Firm fans are not turning up for a Tuesday night, midweek clash with Albion Rovers, and why would we even want them to? 

It’s a ridiculous idea, and comparisons to Spain, Germany and even Croatia are utterly laughable. Get in the bin.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Also does anyone still actually care about the Scottish National team more than their own club?

If given the choice between watching Accies scrape to 10th place with a boring 0-0 draw against St Mirren and avoid relegation or seeing Scotland qualifying and getting out the group stages of a major tournament, I’d choose Hamilton avoiding relegation every day of the week.

National football is an inconvenience imo.

This. It just gets in the way of normal football, breaking up any momentum built.

Those tartan army fuckwits are most definitely OFTW.

The worst thing about international football is definitely the momentum it kills. 

If you have to have qualifiers, play them all at the same time, Saturday/Wednesday for 4 or 5 weeks at the start or end of the domestic season IMO. 

On 23/04/2020 at 22:25, Crawford Bridge said:

Who is worse, tartan army or junior thickos?

After much contemplation and soul-searching, my decision has finally been made, junior thickos it is.

On 23/04/2020 at 18:44, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I think it is time we allowed the big sides, or all Premier sides to put second teams in the lower divisions.

Purpose

The point in this is to help Scotland produce more talented football players, who can go on to help the Scottish international team reach and do well in major championships.

The more talented players we have, the more chance of Scotland doing well in international football

It is not to help Celtic or Rangers. It is to help the Scottish international team. Although the big sides would benefit from this move.

Justification.

At present many young Scottish players do not get early senior level experience because there are other players in their way. So players are not tested at competitive level football. Giving players early experience of competitive football is vital for their development

Examples.

In Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Portugal and Germany , the big sides play reserve teams in the lower divisions, so that young players can test themselves against grown men, and at competitive levels.

The most striking example is Croatia. Croatia a nation that has reached the World Cup Final with a population smaller than Scotland. In Croatia, 3 teams Osijek, Zagreb, and Hajduk Split have second teams playing in the second division. So in Croatia. No one says it is just persecuting the smaller sides or ganging up with the big 3 sides to let the big sides to have second teams in the league system. People in Croatia realise that having the big sides having reserve teams in the lower divisions, is a way of guaranteeing young top players at the big sides will get competitive experience of football at a young age, They put the Croatian international side above the petty interests of each club.   

What I want for Scottish Football.

I want Scotland to do well in major championships. I want Scottish clubs to do well in European club competitions. I want Scottish football to be seen as a major league in Europe and the World.

So we need a system that produces more top players, great elite club sides who can do well in Europe. Have high attendances in the Scottish League. Attracting great players to play in Scotland.

The Critics of the idea.

That this is taking places in the league away from smaller sides.

But I think any team big enough to be in the Scottish League, should be offered a place in the Scottish League.

But

A)      You should not put the interests of a part time team finishing 8 places higher in the league system above the interests of the Scottish international team producing good players. That is a betrayal of Scottish nationality.  

B)      What gets on my nerves is people who say we should have less team in the Scottish Football League. Then the next minute complain about B teams being put in the league on the basis that they might take places away from smaller sides like Brora Rangers of Kelty Hearts, that they have just said should not be in the Scottish League. Let me reiterate I think Brora and Kelty should be in the Scottish League, but I also think the big side’s reserve teams should be in the league, so every young Scottish player, at the big sides has the capability to show what they are capable of on a football field.

People will say well why don’t ’the big clubs just play young players in their first team more often.

My argument to that. Is that that is not living in the real world. If the elite sides just played inexperienced sides in their first team every season, they would do worse in the league, and would perform terribly in European competitions. What we need a system that enables all our club sides to do well but also produces more international players

Those who don’t care about Scottish football’s reputation. -

What gets on my nerves is people who don’t care how well Scottish clubs do in Europe. And don’t care how well the international side does in international football. And then have the cheek to pretend that they have sincere views on how to help Scottish football develop at club level and international level.

They tend to put forward ridiculous ideas like suggesting that we should let Celtic and Rangers join the English League and that losing our biggest sides would help Scottish football. Or they say stupid things like well our teams do rubbish in Europe so who cares about making a system to that makes them do better   Or they bring up sore points from years ago, that justify their hatred of the big, or elite clubs in Scottish football. And then these people have the cheek for us to take their views on how to help Scottish football seriously.

I know one person suggested that every Scottish club should be part time. How the heck would Scottish football club perform in Europe, if we lost all our top players to other leagues and could not attract top foreign players to the league? It is utter nonsense.

I know one person who said they would rather their own side win the league rather than Scotland producing top players.

The Rangers Celtic Critics

You will get some who will suggest all I want to do is have Celtic and Rangers winning the lower leagues. That is not what this is about. It is about motivating the top clubs to develop young Scottish players without damaging their chances in Europe.

My Plan

I would have every Scottish Premier side, be allowed a under 21-year old sides in the bottom tier of the SPFL. That would be a good level for Scottish players to develop. I would also allow the under 21-year old sides to have 3 over 21 year old players in their teams. This is to ensure there are players who can teach their younger players what to do in competitive football games. As you need some older experienced players to pass on tricks of the trade and composure to the less experienced players.

You will get some who will say what about the loan system.

But the loan system would not give an entire Premier side’s youth team in their side. You would be lucky for a lower division team to give more than 3 young players a chance.

How would you like it if your fave side had to play a reserve side?

I remember one critic of my idea said well how would Aberdeen fans like it if they had to play the Real Madrid B side?

I would be happy to have it that Colt or B sides do not play in the Scottish domestic cups, if this happened.

My answer to that would be;

1)      I am not Spanish. I am not interested in helping Spanish sides develop. I am interested in helping Scottish players at the big clubs develop. Why would your first argument be to ask how I would be interested in helping foreign teams to do better. Do you see the Scottish sides, in the same esteem as foreign sides.  

2)      The only way Aberdeen could play Real Madrid B side in competitive football, would be if there was a European Super League, and Aberdeen found themselves in a division with Real Madrid’s second team, it would not bother me. If it was about playing Nice one week, Livorno the next, and then Real Madrid’s second side. I would take that, if that was our level.

Other advantages of this idea;

1. Imagine a Celtic B v Rangers B game filling a large stadium. Imagine the lower Scottish leagues listing 20,000 or 30,000 fans turning up for a League One or League Two decider. It would make Scottish football look better.

2. The big clubs would get better players because their players had developed more at a young age. So could perform better in European competitions.

3. Smaller club’s fans would be able to see the young potential Scottish stars at their stadiums,

4. There would be more attention given to the lower leagues, as the big club’s fans would want to know how their teams were getting on.

5. It could lead to great players from other countries coming to Scotland due to Scotland having a better youth development system.

6. Every club in Scotland has the potential to reach the Premier, and then have a B team in the lower leagues. Every club in Scotland could be in the Premier, with the right backing behind them. So this could be something all Scottish clubs could look forward to doing. 40 years ago Ross County were a small club in the Highland League. Now they are an established side in the Premier. That could happen to almost any club in Scotland, with the current pyramid system. Look at other examples in the past like Clydebank, and Dumbarton.

Hope you have enjoyed reading my views,

Thanks,

Get this to f**k.

On 23/04/2020 at 18:44, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Purpose

The point in this is to help Scotland produce more talented football players, who can go on to help the Scottish international team reach and do well in major championships.

The more talented players we have, the more chance of Scotland doing well in international football

It is not to help Celtic or Rangers. It is to help the Scottish international team. Although the big sides would benefit from this move.

Justification.

At present many young Scottish players do not get early senior level experience because there are other players in their way. So players are not tested at competitive level football. Giving players early experience of competitive football is vital for their development

Examples.

In Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Portugal and Germany , the big sides play reserve teams in the lower divisions, so that young players can test themselves against grown men, and at competitive levels.

The most striking example is Croatia. Croatia a nation that has reached the World Cup Final with a population smaller than Scotland. In Croatia, 3 teams Osijek, Zagreb, and Hajduk Split have second teams playing in the second division. So in Croatia. No one says it is just persecuting the smaller sides or ganging up with the big 3 sides to let the big sides to have second teams in the league system. People in Croatia realise that having the big sides having reserve teams in the lower divisions, is a way of guaranteeing young top players at the big sides will get competitive experience of football at a young age, They put the Croatian international side above the petty interests of each club.   

What I want for Scottish Football.

I want Scotland to do well in major championships. I want Scottish clubs to do well in European club competitions. I want Scottish football to be seen as a major league in Europe and the World.

So we need a system that produces more top players, great elite club sides who can do well in Europe. Have high attendances in the Scottish League. Attracting great players to play in Scotland.

The Critics of the idea.

That this is taking places in the league away from smaller sides.

But I think any team big enough to be in the Scottish League, should be offered a place in the Scottish League.

But

A)      You should not put the interests of a part time team finishing 8 places higher in the league system above the interests of the Scottish international team producing good players. That is a betrayal of Scottish nationality.  

B)      What gets on my nerves is people who say we should have less team in the Scottish Football League. Then the next minute complain about B teams being put in the league on the basis that they might take places away from smaller sides like Brora Rangers of Kelty Hearts, that they have just said should not be in the Scottish League. Let me reiterate I think Brora and Kelty should be in the Scottish League, but I also think the big side’s reserve teams should be in the league, so every young Scottish player, at the big sides has the capability to show what they are capable of on a football field.

People will say well why don’t ’the big clubs just play young players in their first team more often.

My argument to that. Is that that is not living in the real world. If the elite sides just played inexperienced sides in their first team every season, they would do worse in the league, and would perform terribly in European competitions. What we need a system that enables all our club sides to do well but also produces more international players

Those who don’t care about Scottish football’s reputation. -

What gets on my nerves is people who don’t care how well Scottish clubs do in Europe. And don’t care how well the international side does in international football. And then have the cheek to pretend that they have sincere views on how to help Scottish football develop at club level and international level.

They tend to put forward ridiculous ideas like suggesting that we should let Celtic and Rangers join the English League and that losing our biggest sides would help Scottish football. Or they say stupid things like well our teams do rubbish in Europe so who cares about making a system to that makes them do better   Or they bring up sore points from years ago, that justify their hatred of the big, or elite clubs in Scottish football. And then these people have the cheek for us to take their views on how to help Scottish football seriously.

I know one person suggested that every Scottish club should be part time. How the heck would Scottish football club perform in Europe, if we lost all our top players to other leagues and could not attract top foreign players to the league? It is utter nonsense.

I know one person who said they would rather their own side win the league rather than Scotland producing top players.

The Rangers Celtic Critics

You will get some who will suggest all I want to do is have Celtic and Rangers winning the lower leagues. That is not what this is about. It is about motivating the top clubs to develop young Scottish players without damaging their chances in Europe.

My Plan

I would have every Scottish Premier side, be allowed a under 21-year old sides in the bottom tier of the SPFL. That would be a good level for Scottish players to develop. I would also allow the under 21-year old sides to have 3 over 21 year old players in their teams. This is to ensure there are players who can teach their younger players what to do in competitive football games. As you need some older experienced players to pass on tricks of the trade and composure to the less experienced players.

You will get some who will say what about the loan system.

But the loan system would not give an entire Premier side’s youth team in their side. You would be lucky for a lower division team to give more than 3 young players a chance.

How would you like it if your fave side had to play a reserve side?

I remember one critic of my idea said well how would Aberdeen fans like it if they had to play the Real Madrid B side?

I would be happy to have it that Colt or B sides do not play in the Scottish domestic cups, if this happened.

My answer to that would be;

1)      I am not Spanish. I am not interested in helping Spanish sides develop. I am interested in helping Scottish players at the big clubs develop. Why would your first argument be to ask how I would be interested in helping foreign teams to do better. Do you see the Scottish sides, in the same esteem as foreign sides.  

2)      The only way Aberdeen could play Real Madrid B side in competitive football, would be if there was a European Super League, and Aberdeen found themselves in a division with Real Madrid’s second team, it would not bother me. If it was about playing Nice one week, Livorno the next, and then Real Madrid’s second side. I would take that, if that was our level.

Other advantages of this idea;

A.           Imagine a Celtic B v Rangers B game filling a large stadium. Imagine the lower Scottish leagues listing 20,000 or 30,000 fans turning up for a League One or League Two decider. It would make Scottish football look better.

B.           The big clubs would get better players because their players had developed more at a young age. So could perform better in European competitions.

C.           Smaller club’s fans would be able to see the young potential Scottish stars at their stadiums,

D.           There would be more attention given to the lower leagues, as the big club’s fans would want to know how their teams were getting on.

E.           It could lead to great players from other countries coming to Scotland due to Scotland having a better youth development system.

F.           Every club in Scotland has the potential to reach the Premier, and then have a B team in the lower leagues. Every club in Scotland could be in the Premier, with the right backing behind them. So this could be something all Scottish clubs could look forward to doing. 40 years ago Ross County were a small club in the Highland League. Now they are an established side in the Premier. That could happen to almost any club in Scotland, with the current pyramid system. Look at other examples in the past like Clydebank, and Dumbarton.

Hope you have enjoyed reading my views,

Thanks,