Camera door bell

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Slowly but surely dish out enough abuse, both verbal and physical so as to gain a reputation locally as a fucking psychopath.

Thus, no one will f**k with your house, they will explore the houses of close by neighbours who are not anecdotally known and mental b*****ds.

A much more fun and cost effective solution

Only if you like the idea of getting torched at 4 am.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Slowly but surely dish out enough abuse, both verbal and physical so as to gain a reputation locally as a fucking psychopath.

Thus, no one will f**k with your house, they will explore the houses of close by neighbours who are not anecdotally known and mental b*****ds.

A much more fun and cost effective solution

Not true. You will attract the attention of the young tearaways. When I was one we always chose the local nutcases to play chap door run or throw snowballs at their windows as it was much more fun to have some mad b*****d out chasing you

• 3 months later...

There was some nutter who was trying doors around my bit a few weeks ago and he eventually managed to get into a house via an opened upstairs window and then grabbed a set of car keys and was away with the car which he ended up crashing a few minutes later. 

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

There was some nutter who was trying doors around my bit a few weeks ago and he eventually managed to get into a house via an opened upstairs window and then grabbed a set of car keys and was away with the car which he ended up crashing a few minutes later. 

^^^be a wear!

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

What a disc race.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^be a wear!

I woke up to several people sharing their footage of this guy trying to get in their doors and then some guy told about how he had got into their house in the small hours and stole the car which he crashed minutes later. To our horror he returned to the scene of the crime in broad daylight walking up to front doors and being abusive before the polis showed up. It was some carry on. 

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I woke up to several people sharing their footage of this guy trying to get in their doors and then some guy told about how he had got into their house in the small hours and stole the car which he crashed minutes later. To our horror he returned to the scene of the crime in broad daylight walking up to front doors and being abusive before the polis showed up. It was some carry on. 

What do these neighbours hope to achieve with their cameras? Doesn’t sound like much of a deterrent to the local master criminals. 

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

To be fair if it helps someone to ransack this c***s hoose whilst leaving a massive shite on his living room carpet then Im all for them.

Advert features Scouser trying to break into Londoner's house and people  are FUMING - Liverpool Echo

I had wondered what happened to Shadwell...

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What do these neighbours hope to achieve with their cameras? Doesn’t sound like much of a deterrent to the local master criminals. 

Of course it’s a deterrent though as it’s a form of cctv and can be forward on to the polis. There were guys trying doors a few months ago just before lockdown but had balaclavas  on so I’m not sure if anything came of it. I never invested in any form of home security after this either, I’m more worried about them getting in through my back door though which doesn’t have a doorbell for obvious reasons. 

45 minutes ago, throbber said:

Of course it’s a deterrent though as it’s a form of cctv and can be forward on to the polis. There were guys trying doors a few months ago just before lockdown but had balaclavas  on so I’m not sure if anything came of it. I never invested in any form of home security after this either, I’m more worried about them getting in through my back door though which doesn’t have a doorbell for obvious reasons. 

Have you ever seen the (original) film Straw Dogs?

On 23/04/2020 at 20:47, Wile E Coyote said:

Not true. You will attract the attention of the young tearaways. When I was one we always chose the local nutcases to play chap door run or throw snowballs at their windows as it was much more fun to have some mad b*****d out chasing you

This is true. Regular folk don't chase you down the street, they'll just shout something and deal with whatever you've done. A mad b*****d will be up for the chase.

On 04/08/2020 at 13:00, throbber said:

Did no one kick his c**t in?