B and Q - Click and Collect

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I got my order confirmation from B&Q just after I ordered it, it said to wait until contacted, it could take up to 3 days. That was last Wednesday and I have not heard anything, their call centres are closed and the stores are not taking calls. 

Yesterday, Mrs Johnnydun read the email confirmation, it also read that it was ready to pick up the next day. What a dick I am. 

Apparently they only hold on to things for 5 days then cancel the order, takes up to 14 days for a refund. Tit.

P&B Meme/GIF Bank - Page 2 - The General Nonsense Forum - The Pie Shop

I have the misfortune to work part time at B&Q and at the moment it’s a total clusterf**k. Normally we can get about 20-30 click and collects a day, up until Friday we were running at 700+. The stores are not designed to handle that amount and of course 60% of the staff are furloughed so currently we are still running about 7 days for an order. Another issue is that we are not getting our normal deliveries and are running out of just about everything.

Used click & collect last week to order some paint from B&Q in Stirling. Took near enough 2 hours to get through the online queue. Once ordered confirmation email came through immediately then got a call the next day to go collect. Had to wait about 15 mins in a queue of cars for click & collect orders, so really the long wait in the online queue was the only bit that was much hassle.

Edited by 8MileBU

I used it just early into the lockdown. Ordered online, ready next day no bother. Store phoned to let me know it was ready and to call about 15 mins before collecting easy peasy.

Couldn't get on the site on good friday so the wife used the app. Confirmation email straight away, and money out, but no contact for about 6 days before eventually getting an email to go collect.

Emailed customer services / contacted on twitter but no reply. Stores had stopped accepting calls too by this point which meant there was no way of contacting at all.

Did eventually get a generic reply from twitter, but by that time i'd already collected.

25 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Used click & collect last week to order some paint from B&Q in Stirling. Took near enough 2 hours to get through the online queue. Once ordered confirmation email came through immediately then got a call the next day to go collect. Had to wait about 15 mins in a queue of cars for click & collect orders, so really the long wait in the online queue was the only bit that was much hassle.

I had a similar situation with them. Couldn't get through the online queue. Went on to the Screwfix website, found what I needed clicked on it and collected it 10 minutes later.

I know you are all desperate to know but I had a voicemail on my phone this morning (received at 12.15 last night?!) that said my order was ready to collect and to pop up today. Went up and got the stuff no bother but still no confirm email received as yet...

Store was now open as well and there was a queue with 'normal' shoppers there which wasn't too bad and folks were standing well apart where there were no markers. I was the only car in the click and collect as well so they seemed pretty organised at the shop itself. Must just be the IT side of things which is struggling to cope.

They're doing their best and it is appreciated, just shows how easily we rely on things as simple as turning up to a shop!

21 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I know you are all desperate to know but I had a voicemail on my phone this morning (received at 12.15 last night?!) that said my order was ready to collect and to pop up today. Went up and got the stuff no bother but still no confirm email received as yet...

Store was now open as well and there was a queue with 'normal' shoppers there which wasn't too bad and folks were standing well apart where there were no markers. I was the only car in the click and collect as well so they seemed pretty organised at the shop itself. Must just be the IT side of things which is struggling to cope.

They're doing their best and it is appreciated, just shows how easily we rely on things as simple as turning up to a shop!

tenor.gif.533aeed6a2ef39dfd93d58a054411df1.gif